The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Tanev for Chicago's 8th pick

30 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Only if Benning has compromising photos of Stan Bowman with a donkey. 

Wait, are you saying he doesn't???

Then, what the hell has he been doing the last 3 years if not accumulating incriminating photos of his fellow GM's?

Must I do EVERYTHING????

::D

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Wait, are you saying he doesn't???

Then, what the hell has he been doing the last 3 years if not accumulating incriminating photos of his fellow GM's?

Must I do EVERYTHING????

::D

I was wondering why you were walking down the street in a Ghillie Suit.....:lol:

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I was wondering why you were walking down the street in a Ghillie Suit.....:lol:

Just need the right midgets with a team of sheep and goats, lots of alcohol and a photographer with low morals and you can MOVE THE WORLD!

29 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Seabrook's contract is garbage. Why the hell would we want it?

well... because Seabrook probably has 3 more good seasons in him, and we'd be able to get two potential top pairing D in the next draft? 

I don't mind the idea at all tbh, Seabrook is a good leader, would be just fine in a 4-6 role and could be bought out if there's another compliance buy out window for the next CBA. 

Tanev 50% retained would be a better idea than taking on Seabrook's horrendous contract.  That should get you pretty close to 8th OA value +/-.

See if we could take back Anisimiov (he'd need to waive) and his contract as well for an even better return (and he could C Pettersson for a couple years).

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well... because Seabrook probably has 3 more good seasons in him, and we'd be able to get two potential top pairing D in the next draft? 

I don't mind the idea at all tbh, Seabrook is a good leader, would be just fine in a 4-6 role and could be bought out if there's another compliance buy out window for the next CBA. 

Exactly...Seabrook replaces Tanev in the next 3 years and we get two stud Dmen that could step in this or next year.

Chicago gets a good shutdown dman and needed cap space...

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Exactly...Seabrook replaces Tanev in the next 3 years and we get two stud Dmen that could step in this or next year.

Chicago gets a good shutdown dman and needed cap space...

Gives us another PP option as well. 

I suppose it depends on how desperate CHI is for cap space and expansion protection. 

Archived