The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TWU Lawschool decision

kingofsurrey

10 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

You’re right, anyone’s who thinks 10 extra stores is some how better than 12 isn’t worth wasting time on debating with. KOS, who’s a uni drop out, has a better understanding of numbers. I’ve seen 8 year olds with better math skills. Bahaha good day and good riddance. 

Didn't you claim discriminating businesses would go out of business? What happened? :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Lockout Casualty said:

Didn't you claim discriminating businesses would go out of business? What happened? :rolleyes:

Nope, My exact claim was pure racists companies would go out of business as people would eventually stop supporting them.  But don’t let a little reading comprehension get in the way of things. Again not worth my time, I’m not in the mood to teach people how to read or to do simple math.

Thank goodness there’s an ignore function. Goodbye lockout 

53 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Nope, My exact claim was pure racists companies would go out of business as people would eventually stop supporting them.  But don’t let a little reading comprehension get in the way of things. Again not worth my time, I’m not in the mood to teach people how to read or to do simple math.

Thank goodness there’s an ignore function. Goodbye lockout 

And homophobic businesses will flourish. What a solid defence of capitalism.

26 minutes ago, Lockout Casualty said:

And homophobic businesses will flourish. What a solid defence of capitalism.

'pure racist companies'? so a little bit of bigotry is OK as long as it doesn't disrupt the economy? nice view of the world. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

'pure racist companies'? so a little bit of bigotry is OK as long as it doesn't disrupt the economy? nice view of the world. 

This kind of opinion would allow groups like the KKK to flourish.  NO THANKS...  NOT My Canada......

On 6/15/2018 at 6:15 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This sets a dangerous precedent moving forward.

Also, did I really just say someone say "capitalism has taken it's course"? Like, really?

REALLY?

Free market capitalism has and continues to do more to eradicate poverty than literally any other socioeconomic system in human history, and it's not even close. It's truly amazing when you actually look at the numbers. Since the onset of industrialization and globalization of a free market system (which, incidentally, this "great decision" spits in the face of), the global rate of extreme poverty has taken a massive hit, and that's mainly due to the spread of free market capitalism.

But yeah, let's remove the number one eradicator of poverty that has ever graced the planet and replace it with a system completely controlled and regulated by the government. That's not a totalitarian idea or anything fp.

The normalization of the authoritarian left is truly frightening, and the closer we get to a system controlled entirely by the government, the further away we get from true freedom.

We don't have free market capitalism.

On 6/15/2018 at 6:15 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This sets a dangerous precedent moving forward.

Also, did I really just say someone say "capitalism has taken it's course"? Like, really?

REALLY?

Free market capitalism has and continues to do more to eradicate poverty than literally any other socioeconomic system in human history, and it's not even close. It's truly amazing when you actually look at the numbers. Since the onset of industrialization and globalization of a free market system (which, incidentally, this "great decision" spits in the face of), the global rate of extreme poverty has taken a massive hit, and that's mainly due to the spread of free market capitalism.

But yeah, let's remove the number one eradicator of poverty that has ever graced the planet and replace it with a system completely controlled and regulated by the government. That's not a totalitarian idea or anything fp.

The normalization of the authoritarian left is truly frightening, and the closer we get to a system controlled entirely by the government, the further away we get from true freedom.

This decision really doesn't change the status quo. Lawyers are regulated by a professional body. We do not allow anyone to declare themselves a lawyer and start practicing law. To allow "free market capitalism" dictate our professional bodies would be a huge mistake. For example, "free market" medical degrees, that would allow anyone to practice surgery. 

This decision has nothing to do with hindering capitalism. It has to do with the LSBC not wanting to allow a discriminatory institution to train lawyers. 

On 6/19/2018 at 9:40 AM, Alflives said:

Seems to me we are losing out on a lot of good lawyers (potentially) coming into our system in BC, because of this issue.  I thought the BC courts actually ruled everything was fine at TWU, and that their decision was overturned by the Canadian court?  Seems to me we should just let the kids who grad write the exams to become practicing lawyers.  They either pass or fail.  It's up to them.   Maybe the BC law society is prejudiced, and has too much power over the lawyers, or potential lawyers?  It seems very unfair to me. 

There are already too many law grads out there for the market. The law society exams are also incredibly easy. The main barrier to practicing law in BC, that ensures that we get the brightest and best, is acceptance to an accredited law school. If we have a law school that won't allow people in based on religious beliefs and sexual orientation, you are merely creating a less competitive law school, one where not all applicants can apply to. 

Archived