The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) quantity of picks acquiring NYRs picks #26, #28, #39, #70

Would you trade our 7th overall for a boatload of picks. NYRs have the following picks.

Round 1: #9, #26, #28

Round 2: #39, #48

Round 3: #70, #88

Would you do:

for 4 of these:

#39/#48

#70/#88

This would entirely be based on if Jim feels the we can get some high end guys late.  What would be your ask?

This is just me tossing an idea out lol. I don't know if I'd want to do it.

12 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

No.  When you're drafting inside the top 10, quality >>>>>> quantity imo. 

I agree. Some people think we need quantity of picks. They get mad we haven't added more picks over the years. Just wanted to see :) lol.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Would you trade our 7th overall for a boatload of picks. NYRs have the following picks.

Round 1: #9, #26, #28

Round 2: #39, #48

Round 3: #70, #88

Would you do:

for 4 of these:

#39/#48

#70/#88

This would entirely be based on if Jim feels the we can get some high end guys late.  What would be your ask?

This is just me tossing an idea out lol. I don't know if I'd want to do it.

Then you could flip one of those 26th or 28th along with the 39th for one of Philly (14th, 19th) or NYI picks (11th, 12th). Which ever one would accept

5 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

Then you could flip one of those 26th or 28th along with the 39th for one of Philly (14th, 19th) or NYI picks (11th, 12th). Which ever one would accept

I really think the Canucks should target one of Detroits or Chicagos picks, even if they have to pay with someone like Dahlin or Tanev. Getting Wahlstrom+ a D-man like Boqvist/Hughes/Dobson would speed up the rebuild faster than any UFA signing ever could.

43 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I would do

7th + 37th + 68th

for

9th + 28th + 48th

I think if Tkachuk drops to us, we might be able to do 

Tkachuk + 37th

To NYR for

9th + 26th + 70th

Or to CHI for

8th + 27th + 69th

I have a feeling that both of those teams might want a shot at a big, tough American player with scoring and attitude who is ranked top 4 by everybody.  Either of these would still leave us with one of Boqvist, Dobson, Bouchard plus a much improved 2nd pick and another 3rd.  

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Keeping #7.

How bout Lind and Dipietro for #9?

Probably a no. But dipietro to the nyr is a interesting starting point for something they do need an heir to king henrik. Not sure if dipietro would be it but interesting none the less

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I agree. Some people think we need quantity of picks. They get mad we haven't added more picks over the years. Just wanted to see :) lol.

It's possible to acquire a high quantity of picks without giving up your own quality pick. Look at all the Rangers' picks you put in your post. 

I'm not saying we could've gotten a similar haul to the Rangers, but what you're saying isn't really accurate. People want to surround our quality pick with more quantity. 

6 minutes ago, Bure1010 said:

Probably a no. But dipietro to the nyr is a interesting starting point for something they do need an heir to king henrik. Not sure if dipietro would be it but interesting none the less

Just a spit ball based on NY's rebuild. I highly doubt their first pick is in play, but if it were they'd want a few real gud prospects.

Lind and Dips had great seasons, I know it's not enough from NY's pov but it's a start

I would make that trade in a heartbeat and I am sure JB would as well.  No way the Rangers do it unless they got their heart set on a guy.  Benning is gold when picking outside the top 10, why on earth would you guys not want that?  Boeser, Demko, Tryamkin, Gaudette, etc. 

Archived