The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal)- Another Tanev deal

I'm pretty sure that the Canucks will land a very nice player at the 7th spot that will be a future core player, but I also feel the same could be done at the 10th spot. Therefore J.B. and crew should be focusing on trying to acquire this pick. I feel the Canucks have exactly the player that could pry that pick out of Edmonton. The Oilers are 1-2 players away from being a perennial playoff team.

Tanev + 5th 2018 draft

for

10th O.A. 2018 draft +Lucic +2nd.

I know people want to stay away from Lucic, but I think on our young team, if he's put into a leadership role he'll serve as a deterrent with teams taking liberties on our young stars coming up, as well he's skilled, and might match really well with Petersson.   

thoughts 

Edmonton has said their priority is to add a PMD that can run their woeful PP and to find a scoring winger to play with McDavid.......Tanev fills neither of these needs.

We do not want a player like Lucic that we would be forced to protect in the next expansion draft due to his NMC.......and he would likely only come to Vancouver if they would honor his existing NMC.

No thanks. Stay away from that Lucic contract. 3 years of full NMC and then the rest of the contract on a modifies NMC/NTC. The Canucks have one bad contract in Eriksson. They don't need another horrible contract to boot. 

5 hours ago, Jaku said:

No thanks. Stay away from that Lucic contract. 3 years of full NMC and then the rest of the contract on a modifies NMC/NTC. The Canucks have one bad contract in Eriksson. They don't need another horrible contract to boot. 

Lucic is a big guy but slow...Edmonton better be careful, there GM traded away Taylor hall in 2017 then 2018 he trade away Eberle both are 30 goal guys very fast great skaters...

Edmonton Lost the Taylor Hall deal in a big way.. Hall top 5 winger in the league ...NJ won that deal big time..

Eberle deal was the same and now there crazy GM might trade RNH away this summer...

Scary what he has done and first year he give a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder to NYI for Reinhart who only played 9 NHL games for Edmonton....

I would be hiring a new GM before its to late.....

12 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Lucic is a big guy but slow...Edmonton better be careful, there GM traded away Taylor hall in 2017 then 2018 he trade away Eberle both are 30 goal guys very fast great skaters...

Edmonton Lost the Taylor Hall deal in a big way.. Hall top 5 winger in the league ...NJ won that deal big time..

Eberle deal was the same and now there crazy GM might trade RNH away this summer...

Scary what he has done and first year he give a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder to NYI for Reinhart who only played 9 NHL games for Edmonton....

Exactly. Chiarelli is a terrible GM. He has a track record for trading away good young talent in questionable trades. How the Oilers owner is okay with trading away Ebs and Hall for Larsson and Strome I will never know. But, if they trade RNH in a similar deal the only things the Oilers are going to be contending for is the 1st overall pick. 

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

so what you are really saying is ?

that lucic will be a 30 goal scorer immediately upon joining another team

when the oilers trade him ?

call me crazy, well not chia-pet crazy, but i think lucic will break that positive trend

Archived