The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yazidi Woman That Was Captured, Sold And Raped By ISIS Fled To Canada, Sees Her Rapist On A Bus

GM

It is, without a doubt, a horrifying moment for her and its tragic to hear about this.

However, the bigger story for me is that a potential known member of ISIS is in Canada. I hope authorities were immediately contacted since the man's presence is a danger to others.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

It is, without a doubt, a horrifying moment for her and its tragic to hear about this.

However, the bigger story for me is that a potential known member of ISIS is in Canada. I hope authorities were immediately contacted since the man's presence is a danger to others.

Nope, they are letting them back in with open arms! You can thank liberal virtue signalers like Trudeau for this.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/4153194/returning-isis-chemical-weapons-risk-internal-government-documents/amp/

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/4205480/canadas-plan-freturn-isis-fighters/amp/

I absolutely share in the horrific shock of this story, but I do not share in blaming our Prime Minister nor do i like trying to score partisan political points with such a horror. I do hope the authorities were contacted as Canada treats citizens sex crimes in foreign countries as criminal action. See returned Thaiwanese visitors in the 90's for instance. Sucks, I feel badly for her. I spent time in the Middle East notably Syria and I have great empathy for the Yazidi People, all the common people I met and saw there. It is eye opening how much like you and I the average person is. We all want peace and security and prosperity, it is a common thread of all of humanity. What a terrible thing. 

10 minutes ago, Baer. said:

This is so disturbing. The government themselves admit there are potential risks to Canadians but are still letting them come back. 

25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

This is so disturbing. The government themselves admit there are potential risks to Canadians but are still letting them come back. 

Unfortunately, if the individual in question is a Canadian citizen, we don't have much of a choice.  I certainly hope the authorities find this individual and deport him if he is not a Canadian citizen, or imprison him if he is.

I believe this woman, and no one should have to go through this.  The sad thing is, there is a significant number of women who have to go though this experience on a regular basis due to knowing their assailant.

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

Do you want him to contravene the constitution?

Or did you prefer Harper's posturing instead, where he went to the courts in order to revoke citizenship knowing that it was a complete waste of time and tax payer money. 

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

Only the ones they don't hunt / kill first in Syria.......

51 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Only the ones they don't hunt / kill first in Syria.......

This is kind of true. Some of our allies in this situation are literally hunting down their citizens who joined the false Caliphate and killing them, often after they have disarmed and surrendered while over in the sand box. I am not going to judge them on the sports forum for it, but I will say that I am glad my country is not taking part in that. I know also that the ones that the Federal Government are aware of are most certainly "on the radar", but the bubblegum and headlines crowd  at large don't have a need to know those details. 

Lastly the thing about citizenship and rights are that they are not given and taken at the whim of some other person. A charter right is almost absolutely irrevocable except basically to yield to another charter right that is deemed of a higher necessity, if you follow. Like you have free speech but you can't yell FIRE in a crowded theater for grins as that will certainly harm people and property. I know that is a simple example and a citizen who bought a round trip ticket to the desert and may or may not have done nefarious things there is a complicated situation. At the end of the day the Caliphate existed and was or is now being defeated. Are its veterans to be rounded up and sent to Auschwitz? I am being provocative in my choice of words, but it is to add some critical thinking to the news story. Now if this guy is a bonafide sex criminal and we have a credible witness, I suspect the authorities may already be hard at work on the case, but maybe, just maybe he looks like that guy  and is not guilty of that particular crime? We don't know, but I think she is a credible witness and it will sort itself out. Yeah i talk a lot...moving on now. 

well... i'll leave this out here: the source of this story is a guy well known to have questionable credentials and really seems to like to generate media attention for himself. Do yourself a favour and look up Tawhidi before jumping to any conclusions, given this guys history this story definitely needs independent confirmation. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well... i'll leave this out here: the source of this story is a guy well known to have questionable credentials and really seems to like to generate media attention for himself. Do yourself a favour and look up Tawhidi before jumping to any conclusions, given this guys history this story defiantly needs independent confirmation. 

Jimmy, for the love of everything awesome, please kill your autocucumber - definitely. This definitely isn't the first time either. 

And don't come at me all defiantly.

You're a mother&^@#ing lawyer. Although I really shouldn't, I expect better from you. 

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Jimmy, for the love of everything awesome, please kill your autocucumber - definitely. This definitely isn't the first time either. 

And don't come at me all defiantly.

You're a mother&^@#ing lawyer. Although I really shouldn't, I expect better from you. 

sorry man. I have help with editing in real life so I'm very lazy. 

Archived