The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Sports & Entertainment acquires National Lacrosse League team

7 hours ago, Bizarre said:

Some of us can afford to live in Vancouver, don't be bitter you can't. Everyone always tells me how they can't wait to visit Saskatchewan as well! It must be a lovely place to live.

Lol I'm just letting buddy know that everything isn't all roses where he's from as he was so quick to throw shade at Sask.

8 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

How does "paying" for poverty even work? Your cost of living is commensurate with your lifestyle. A basement suite with no windows costs less than a penthouse with a view. Living in Saskatchewan is cheaper than living in Vancouver. You get what you pay for.

Sure.

17 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Lol I'm just letting buddy know that everything isn't all roses where he's from as he was so quick to throw shade at Sask.

Sure.

Oddly enough I know of at least one Rush player that only flies into Saskatchewan for games and lives in another city ;).

3 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I think all but one does. It's pretty common in that league as players only get payed 5-15K so they don't uproot their lives for it. @Bizarre

Seems strange they wouldn't find work in that city. Must be a lot of hassle for the organization as I assume they pay and schedule all flights for the players. 

2 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Sure.

So in your mind, coming into a thread on a Vancouver sports forum and talking smack about a local team and fan base while patting yourself on the back is perfectly fine, but the second you get rebuked we're "throwing shade"?

Yeah, that sounds like the thought process of someone who uses "buddy" in the third person.

36 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

So in your mind, coming into a thread on a Vancouver sports forum and talking smack about a local team and fan base while patting yourself on the back is perfectly fine, but the second you get rebuked we're "throwing shade"?

Yeah, that sounds like the thought process of someone who uses "buddy" in the third person.

Lol, the Rush are the best team in the league hands down. Buddy followed it up with talking about how much Sk sucks. Now you are jumping on the train as you are probably also from Van which is fine.

51 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Now anybody who went to these games will have to pay more to do so.

Better than losing the team altogether.

The Stealth had the worst attendance in the league.  There's no way they could have kept that up much longer.

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Now anybody who went to these games will have to pay more to do so.

Attendance is already trash.  If Aquaman immediately raises the prices of tickets, it will look like a Carolina Hurricane/Florida Panthers home game.

3 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Better than losing the team altogether.

The Stealth had the worst attendance in the league.  There's no way they could have kept that up much longer.

You're going to lose the team if the first thing he/they do is raise ticket prices.  Not sure how much extra advertising would help in that situation.

50 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You're going to lose the team if the first thing he/they do is raise ticket prices.  Not sure how much extra advertising would help in that situation.

Depends on how much.  If it's just a minor increase but they provide a better experience overall, it could still work out.

Big picture though, the best way to increase revenue is to start winning games.

3 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Depends on how much.  If it's just a minor increase but they provide a better experience overall, it could still work out.

Big picture though, the best way to increase revenue is to start winning games.

Even a small raise in the first year would be discouraging for fans.  A $5 raise in prices would only net them less than 20k per game.  That's chump change.  If they are smart they'll lower ticket prices a few bucks for a couple of years, advertise the team like crazy, dramatically improve the fan experience, and then if/when the team starts doing better they'll have a much larger fan base that they can then begin to gouge through parking, tickets, and concessions.  Better business to lose a little now in order to make a lot later.

14 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Even a small raise in the first year would be discouraging for fans.  A $5 raise in prices would only net them less than 20k per game.  That's chump change.  If they are smart they'll lower ticket prices a few bucks for a couple of years, advertise the team like crazy, dramatically improve the fan experience, and then if/when the team starts doing better they'll have a much larger fan base that they can then begin to gouge through parking, tickets, and concessions.  Better business to lose a little now in order to make a lot later.

You win.  Your plan is better.

Big picture, Canucks S&E could foot the entire bill for the team for the year and it would probably cost them less than a single NHL player.

I do have to say the fact that the team was in Langley definitely hurt their attendance. I don’t think it will skyrocket but it will definitely improve having the team downtown. Lacrosse is great to watch and tickets are pretty cheap, I can see myself going to a few games.

Now if only they can get the Giants out.

Archived