The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nick Kypreos says Canucks have had interest in Mike Hoffman

Rush17

Make of it what you will. Kypreos was on Sportsnet 650 about 20 minutes chatting. I didn't hear the radio discussion myself but I did run into this tweet.  I'm not sure if the team would still remain interested, given how young and impressionable the locker room is. Perhaps, if the rumours are true it could be a rallying and educational point for the kids. I cant imagine the Canucks want the drama now though.

22 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Make of it what you will.  I would assume with the family issues bringing that drama into the locker room wouldn't be wise whether the claims are true or not.

VAN

Hoffman

(Drops fiancé)

OTT

Baertschi

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

"Have had interest"

I'm sure that was before this news broke. Do you really think that he's the kind of leadership and character they wanna bring in?

Not worth the risk.

I think your right.  It would be a big risk bringing him into a young and impressionable dressing room. Even if the stories are unfounded.

7 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Make of it what you will. Kypreos was on Sportsnet 650 about 20 minutes chatting. I didn't hear the radio discussion myself but I did run into this tweet.  I'm not sure if the team would still remain interested, given how young and impressionable the locker room is. Perhaps, if the rumours are true it could be a rallying and educational point for the kids. I cant imagine the Canucks want the drama now though.

Also heard Rintoul say just now, “that the asking price drastically dropped a couple weeks ago, which got other teams to ask the Sens why.  The Sens didn’t disclose the Hoffman gf stuff about to go public.”  Hoffman has zero value now.  

The damage to his reputation is done.

Even if there's no truth to the allegations the media will not let it go. 

We don't need that kind of distraction in the dressing room. We've had our fill of distractions over the last 6 years.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Also heard Rintoul say just now, “that the asking price drastically dropped a couple weeks ago, which got other teams to ask the Sens why.  The Sens didn’t disclose the Hoffman gf stuff about to go public.”  Hoffman has zero value now.  

Dreger seems to think the offer will still be half decent.

I'd pay Baerstchi + a D prospect like Sautner or McEnemy.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The damage to his reputation is done.

Even if there's no truth to the allegations the media will not let it go. 

We don't need that kind of distraction in the dressing room. We've had our fill of distractions over the last 6 years.

It is unfair if it is untrue.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

"Have had interest"

I'm sure that was before this news broke. Do you really think that he's the kind of leadership and character they wanna bring in?

Not worth the risk.

Would you have said this to Tyler Seguin? Would you say it about Patrick Kane? At some pt you gotta take a chance on guys. This team could use a player at his age and talent level pretty badly right now. 

Just now, cdubuya said:

Would you have said this to Tyler Seguin? Would you say it about Patrick Kane? At some pt you gotta take a chance on guys. This team could use a player at his age and talent level pretty badly right now. 

He is fast and has "speed, speed, speed".  Is a winger tho. Would be an upgrade over Baerstchi.

10 minutes ago, gobi said:

Maybe it'd be easier to just tell me who the Canucks are not interested in. 

Rather have an over abundance of rumours than Golf-playing-on-deadline-day-Gillis sweating an interview away with only excuses.

Archived