The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nick Kypreos says Canucks have had interest in Mike Hoffman

Rush17

12 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Could see Edmonton offering up Lucic for Hoffman, straight up. Edmonton unloads lucic’s contract and gets a player who can actually keep up with McDavid. Ottawa sheds themselves of the Hoffman drama while receiving a capable (if slow) Top 9 winger. If the deal happens after July 1st then Ottawa also doesn’t have to pay Lucic’s signing bonus this year

Well if that's the case, would they take Eriksson for him?

32 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If she was spitting that kind of stuff about coworkers, damaging my career when I could have my pick of basically any woman I wanted?  Have a nice life, no questions asked.  Someone with that many issues doesn't sound like my idea of someone I'd trust to not try to run off with half my money once I married her.

If this is true, it definitely says something about Hoffman and how he values his teammates.  It's a tough ask to try to get the other guys to make sacrifices for Hoffman when he's bringing someone around the team who's tormenting the wife of the captain and MVP.

They been together for over a decade. She isn't just some hag off the street. Maybe Mike knew nothing about this until now? You're not going to abandon her just like that after being together for so long. Especially, when you're about to marry her.

People are making accusations when they don't know the entire story. I mean, what triggered Mike's fiancé to say these harsh things to Karlsson's wife, knowing the backlash it will get herself and Mike into? I don't think she's that dumb to jeopardize Mike's career like that?

39 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If she was spitting that kind of stuff about coworkers, damaging my career when I could have my pick of basically any woman I wanted?  Have a nice life, no questions asked.  Someone with that many issues doesn't sound like my idea of someone I'd trust to not try to run off with half my money once I married her.

If this is true, it definitely says something about Hoffman and how he values his teammates.  It's a tough ask to try to get the other guys to make sacrifices for Hoffman when he's bringing someone around the team who's tormenting the wife of the captain and MVP.

no fault divorce/common law   50 50 ,guilty party cannot be punished by paying/losing more than the other spouse, everything gets split right down the middle , guilty or not. maybe hoffmans worried about about losing half unduly , cheaper to keep her situation? ,

14 minutes ago, shiznak said:

They been together for over a decade. She isn't just some hag off the street. Maybe Mike knew nothing about this until now? You're not going to abandon her just like that after being together for so long. Especially, when you're about to marry her.

People are making accusations when they don't know the entire story. I mean, what triggered Mike's fiancé to say these harsh things to Karlsson's wife, knowing the backlash it will get herself and Mike into? I don't think she's that dumb to jeopardize Mike's career like that?

Yeah, I am.  No excuse for her being that terrible of a person.  She can get on the street for all I care if she thinks that kind of behaviour is acceptable.

28 minutes ago, oldnews said:

29 in 53 g is a 45 pt/82 season.   35 in 68 is 42pts/82.

Hoffman averages 55 pts / 82.....but he's also 28, with two years to UFA (at 5.2 million).

Hoffman, however, was a late bloomer, so if you look at him at age 25.....Baertschi isn't quite the no-brainer to give up, given the contract reality and the baggage.

I'd keep the younger RFA without the issues and the greater flexibility around term/future unless Ottawa is willing to sweeten - as under the circumstances this is not a 'hockey trade' imo.

It's just preference I guess. There's no saying that baer won't reach that level but I don't typically buy into the scoring pace stuff. 

You have to play the games and get the points to have the value. As of now Sven has had 1 season over 30 pts. While Hoffman has had 4 of his 5 seasons with 48 or more.

I get that Hoff gets paid more but he's worth more. If Sven had those numbers to back him up, he'd be getting similar salary. But he doesn't and he may never.

I don't want to come off like I'm hating on him. We got him for cheap and he's done a fine job in the top 6 but he's far from untouchable. If we get more for him than he's worth I think we should sell. To me this is one of those deals.

14 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

MIKE HOFFMAN  sure,however his bent girlfriend ,a big "HELL NO".

Wasn't she given a restraining order by Karlsson wife or girlfriend.

That drama can stay in Ottawa ,a good place for it.

It’s going to.  No way the Sens can trade Hoffman now.  

Archived