The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) CGY-OTT

Calgary: C Sam Bennett

Ottawa: LW Mike Hoffman

Calgary had trouble with their offense amongst other things this year. Bennett hasn’t lived up to his potential but is still only 18 *cough* 21 sorry. Hoffman give them a proven top 6 winger.

Ottawa is a mess. Hoffman’s value is low and need to go. The allegations against his fiancé are serious but the guy can still play hockey. Ottawa gets a young 21 year old player for their rebuild, and ya they need to start the rebuild NOW.

what doth thou think?

8 hours ago, ken kaniff said:

Calgary: C Sam Bennett

Ottawa: LW Mike Hoffman

Calgary had trouble with their offense amongst other things this year. Bennett hasn’t lived up to his potential but is still only 18 *cough* 21 sorry. Hoffman give them a proven top 6 winger.

Ottawa is a mess. Hoffman’s value is low and need to go. The allegations against his fiancé are serious but the guy can still play hockey. Ottawa gets a young 21 year old player for their rebuild, and ya they need to start the rebuild NOW.

what doth thou think?

I don't mind it!

Bennett has some baggage as well, though (in)different.  A change of scenery, some top 6 ice team which Ottawa could give him, might get him going again?  He's talented enough. Yeah I would do it if I was Calgary.

And I would do it in a heartbeat, while they still have one, if I was Ottawa?

Archived