The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Sens acquire Mikkel Boedker, dman Julius Bergman and a sixth in 2020 from San Jose Sharks for Mike Hoffman, Cody Donaghy and Ottawa’s fifth in 2020:

1 minute ago, cdubuya said:

Lol....that's the best you can do? 

Is the best you can do whine like a baby?

There's no guarantee bringing on Hoffman will result in a net positive for their team. If there was, he wouldn't have come so cheap.

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

There's no guarantee bringing on Hoffman will result in a net positive for their team. If there was, he wouldn't have come so cheap.

Whine like a baby? Just making an observation...

6 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Did I guarantee anything? It was a calculated gamble by San Jose and the cost was very low. Hoffman himself is an electric hockey player and the return was very minimal. Our team, a team in dire need of veteran talent, could have easily matched this return and not batted an eye.

Ferraro in an interview said he wouldn’t trade for Hoffman even without the girlfriend stuff.  Said he was often lazy and disengaged.

We don’t particularly need any wingers, and IF we get one they should be the Dorsett type with a motor that doesn’t quit and some grit.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

So the Sens get nothing to rid themselves of a serious problem.  Rotfalmfao, and Hoffman’s gf goes to SJ to be with that other winner where she can make time with Evander.  A match made in heaven.  :sick:

Or they kept one.... but we all know they are going to lose Karlsson too. What a train wreck.

We have an early winner for last place already for the 2018/19 season. 

San Jose trades Hoffman and a 7th for a 4th, 5th, and 2019 2nd...

...At first I thought why doesn't Ottawa do that directly instead? But then I realized they actually want Boedker and Bergman - they don't want to tank next year, as Colorado has their pick.

Just now, Canadian Clay said:

Basically, with the trade to Florida now, it was boedker, Bergman, a 6th and a 7th for a 2nd, a 4th and two 5ths?

not gunna lie I think San Jose should’ve kept hoffman

This makes me happier about the deal somehow. 

Still, nice upgrade on the picks by SJS for a non-core player 

Archived