The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Sens acquire Mikkel Boedker, dman Julius Bergman and a sixth in 2020 from San Jose Sharks for Mike Hoffman, Cody Donaghy and Ottawa’s fifth in 2020:

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

San Jose trades Hoffman and a 7th for a 4th, 5th, and 2019 2nd...

...At first I thought why doesn't Ottawa do that directly instead? But then I realized they actually want Boedker and Bergman - they don't want to tank next year, as Colorado has their pick.

I was half expecting Dorion to move boedker. But this is far better entertainment hahaha

Was just going to see the Sharks lines for where he would fit in at a site called San Jose Sharks line Combos and they have already updated Hoffman as their 2nd line LW hahaha and now he has been traded to FLA.....  your updated site already needs an update

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/san-jose-sharks/line-combinations/

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

This makes me happier about the deal somehow. 

Still, nice upgrade on the picks by SJS for a non-core player 

Yeah the picks are actually pretty nice. Maybe will keep their window open a while longer. Thing is, they have a very obvious window over the next two years, wouldn’t you want to keep the 20 goal scorer you just gave up a roster player to get? Unless they’re confident they’re landing one of kovalchuk/Tavares/van remsdyke etc. But if they come up empty in free agency then imo this was a bad move

1 minute ago, Canadian Clay said:

Yeah the picks are actually pretty nice. Maybe will keep their window open a while longer. Thing is, they have a very obvious window over the next two years, wouldn’t you want to keep the 20 goal scorer you just gave up a roster player to get? Unless they’re confident they’re landing one of kovalchuk/Tavares/van remsdyke etc. But if they come up empty in free agency then imo this was a bad move

they're going to hope for Tavares, but they're going to get Bozak 

12 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Basically, with the trade to Florida now, it was boedker, Bergman, a 6th and a 7th for a 2nd, a 4th and two 5ths?

not gunna lie I think San Jose should’ve kept hoffman

Not if they believe they have a chance at Tavares though.  Hoffman and his gf are obviously really bad news.  

The Sharks come out winners here too.  They dump Bodker, and collect picks.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Ottawa needs their 2nd round pick  

correction: doesn't have a 2nd round pick 

Now the Sens are going to get way less for EK too.  I like the Sens (no I don't); i feel sorry for their fans though. (no i don't)  :lol:

Just now, Alflives said:

Now the Sens are going to get way less for EK too.  I like the Sens (no I don't); i feel sorry for their fans though. (no i don't)  :lol:

I wouldn't be letting Dorion make another deal.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I found this tweet interesting

thats pretty nifty for owning a player for 5 minutes. 

Still.... you have to wonder what Hoffman could have accomplished on the Sharks. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I do feel bad for them, it has to really suck to be an Ottawa fan, and you still have to drive 45 minutes out of town to see them. 

7 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Tweet doesn’t mention that they also gave away a 6th and a 7th as well as a pretty promising defense prospect as well. Overall they came out ahead but I think they would have been better off getting at least 1 roster player instead of a couple of those picks

10 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Slightly misleading, as the Sharks dealt out a couple later picks in those deals, plus a decent D prospect in Bergman.

Still, they came out in good shape, as they gained draft currency and cap room...not to mention an extra contract spot.

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

Slightly misleading, as the Sharks dealt out a couple later picks in those deals, plus a decent D prospect in Bergman.

Still, they came out in good shape, as they gained draft currency and cap room.

And the Sharks dumped Boedker, and his contract.  The guy was a no show in their playoffs.  

Archived