The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Focusing on Buffalo's 32 OA pick (Discussion)

I seen this post on HF Boards. Buffalo is looking for wingers, do we have something that would entice Buffalo into a trade.

I think the first thing we should ask is how much would it cost for our 37th OA?

(a pretty decent over payment) Meaning Buffalo would want more. (I also want to keep our 37OA)

Players I would move are …………..Erilksson @50%, Baertschi , Granlund, Goldobin, Leipsic, Motte, Hutton, Pouliot, MDZ, Nilsson

Cap Dumps to take back...………….Moulson 1 yr @ $3,975,000, Pominville 1 yr @ $5,600,000, Bogosian 2 yrs @ $5,142,000, 

I believe what ever deal is offered with the above players involved, it must be an over payment of some sort by Vancouver...……...

This pick should be considered as a 2018 27th OA onward in my opinion, as the players available from that point on to the 32 OA

all have somewhat the same value, to some degree...…………………..

Our offer must be a blend of current value and future value...…….meaning the Players(s) must have proven and future value...….not just throw-ins.

If we want it, we must pay...……...here are my offers....do any of them blow Buffalo's doors off?

1). Eriksson @ 50%  + Motte + 2020 3rd …...........for...……….. 32 OA pick in the 2018 draft

2). Baertschi + 2020 3rd..............................……….for............….32 OA + Pominville 

3). Granlund + 2020 3rd...........................…………for.........…….32 OA + Bogosian 

My thoughts are these trades all have slightly different values, and are all over payments, but like I said, I believe it will take an over payment to get it.

Please feel free to flame away, or post your own trade that will secure Buffalo's 2nd

Regards

13 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

If we want it, we must pay...……...here are my offers....do any of them blow Buffalo's doors off?

1). Eriksson @ 50%  + Motte + 2020 3rd

2). Pommeville + Baertschi + 2020 3rd

3). Granlund + Bogosian + 2020 3rd

Two things:

1.  Canucks don't own Pominville (spelling optional) or Bogosian so hard to trade them - particularly to the team that alrady owns them.   
  2. Trading picks (the 3rd rounder in 2020) is not a good idea for another pick.   Make it more like the trade that Canucks got Baer from Calgary....that trade still heavily favours Vancouver (given who Calgary selected with their acquired second and Baer was a former 1st rounder)

As far as my thoughts on how to secure, as it is essentially a late first round pick it would take a fair bit.   I think Baer and/or Granlund with something else (like Leipsic) might make it happen but not so sure.   My guess Buffalo would ask for someone from Canucks prospect pool who is looking near ready - perhaps Dahlen and that would be a risky trade for Canucks to make but that is what I think it would take.   Goldy might make it happen too.  

10 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Two things:

1.  Canucks don't own Pominville (spelling optional) or Bogosian so hard to trade them - particularly to the team that alrady owns them.   
  2. Trading picks (the 3rd rounder in 2020) is not a good idea for another pick.   Make it more like the trade that Canucks got Baer from Calgary....that trade still heavily favours Vancouver (given who Calgary selected with their acquired second and Baer was a former 1st rounder)

As far as my thoughts on how to secure, as it is essentially a late first round pick it would take a fair bit.   I think Baer and/or Granlund with something else (like Leipsic) might make it happen but not so sure.   My guess Buffalo would ask for someone from Canucks prospect pool who is looking near ready - perhaps Dahlen and that would be a risky trade for Canucks to make but that is what I think it would take.   Goldy might make it happen too.  

Hey...……...I knew what I was saying! lol...……...yeah went back and edited it....good point!

Depends on who is on the board at the moment, but I would say two of Goldobin/grandlund/Hutton could get it done. 

Yes those are our spare pieces, but all of them have the possibility of turning their careers around. That’s the best you can hope for if your dealing your second, imo. 

The other her option is Tanev, but we know for sure GM JB won’t sell Tanev unless it’s an overpayment if favour for The Canucks, not the other way around

23 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hey...……...I knew what I was saying! lol...……...yeah went back and edited it....good point!

I knew too Jan.....you just left that pitch slow and right over the middle of the plate.   I am far too immature not to swing at it.   :lol:

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

1). Eriksson @ 50%  + Motte + 2020 3rd …...........for...……….. 32 OA pick in the 2018 draft

2). Baertschi + 2020 3rd..............................……….for............….32 OA + Pominville 

3). Granlund + 2020 3rd...........................…………for.........…….32 OA + Bogosian

Since I have yet to see an NHL draft go by without at least 1 or 2 over-reaches in the opening frame, the 32 OA will be a 1st round calibre player.

None of the trades that you have listed are realistic.  This year, cap space isn't an issue.  The Sabres are already planning on carrying Moulson's 4 million cap space even though he made it all of the way through waivers unclaimed and is playing for another team's AHL farm club.  Not to mention millions more in dead weight is coming off of the books after this upcoming season is over.

You have nothing listed that even comes close to equal value for the Sabres.

44 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

yeah, thats probably the case. We don't really have any spares that equal that in this years draft. I don't see Buffalo as a great trading partner, maybe some AHL level stuff. 

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Since I have yet to see an NHL draft go by without at least 1 or 2 over-reaches in the opening frame, the 32 OA will be a 1st round calibre player.

None of the trades that you have listed are realistic.  This year, cap space isn't an issue.  The Sabres are already planning on carrying Moulson's 4 million cap space even though he made it all of the way through waivers unclaimed and is playing for another team's AHL farm club.  Not to mention millions more in dead weight is coming off of the books after this upcoming season is over.

Well....I guess this is to everyone, as I am not getting any support for this proposal...…..that is ok!  I am asking! Thanks all!

But, I will I disagree...…...a little alteration, and we have to be close

Baertschi, a 2020 3rd (est. 72-75 OA ish), plus take on Bogosian's contract

They have no left wings to speak of, unless they have Mittelstadt play LW, even then Baertschi gets 2nd line by default.....there is no one on that side that is as good as Baertschi. Are they going UFA to fill that spot? Not when the owner can pocket 10M, within 12 months ( 5 this year 5 the year after). Sorry guys......I just don't get it?

First off....$5 Million bucks is $5 Million Bucks...…..X2 = 10 MILLION BUCKS! (Yes I am shouting!) 10 MILLION BUCKS!...…..that alone should get someone to listen,

add to that Baertschi, which in his own right has a value of a mid 2nd and was and probably still will be playing first line LW for the Nucks, and add to that a 2020 3rd, albeit a long time to wait , it is only an estimated 40 ish picks behind that pick (albeit 2 years removed).

I just can not possibly think that doesn't have close to the same value...…….or that Buffalo would not want the deal...…...there is a lot of teams with money to spend...UFA will not be cheap this year, and I suspect there will be some bidding wars between some of these stupid GM's...Baertschi will be a deal when he signs. 

Just remember the Islanders alone will have 28 million to spend, if Tavares doesn't sign with them...….....teams will go the route of Las Vegas and sign hard working 2nd tier players.....Baertschi is one of those kind....you watch!

Archived