The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) CBJ shopping Panarin

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Are we going to want to take a run at him.  Tryamkin rights + 7th? (Ignore my outrageous price but they may ask that lol)

He is only 26.

Dont see that as outrageous, but I think Columbus is in more of a win now mode and I dont see them trading their most impact-full player for a pick .

I dont think we have any pieces that would work in a trade for Panarin, they'd likely want Boeser.  

I would steer clear, only one year left. Unless Columbus wants more of veteran in return like Baer, Sutter, Tanev or Edler - all of which are completely unrealistic. 

No Point in giving up a Young asset for someone who's contract is up in the air after one Season.

I can actually see Montreal in on him.

They also might want to try Dubois again too. Maybe talks even of swapping price for Bob?  I could see the team making a huge deal if they wanted too. Both teams have parts they both would probably want. Columbus may ditch Bob after his contract if he doesn't have playoff success. That is what one insider said he's been told. I always saw Price going to st Louis tho.

9 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

If Calgary is really looking at moving a D for a F: Dougie Hamilton for Panarin

That would be big.  I personally wouldn't do that swap as the jackets. I think they can get a better D for him.

9 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

If Calgary is really looking at moving a D for a F: Dougie Hamilton for Panarin

Calgary would have to add though, and I doubt they want to give up any more future picks after the Hamonic deal. So likely a prospect as well. Then it becomes a question of who else they'd be willing to part with.

If I'm Columbus though, I'd be looking at trading him for a different forward that they can hopefully sign, not a defenseman. It's not that they want to get rid of Panarin, they want to be able to replace his scoring if he does walk. It would be more of a deal similar to the Galchenyuk/Domi or Subban/Weber ones.

Archived