The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) CBJ shopping Panarin

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Very interesting. 

Under different circumstances, I'd say take a run at him, but I think we need to find out what we have in some of our current players before looking to outside options (Goldy, Virtanen, Dahlen, Pettersson, Gaudette, etc.).

I agree, we need to know what we have... Even guys like Lind may surprise. Lets just keep adding prospects. 

7 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It just doesn't make sense for me. The only way I can see it happening is if Benning really dislikes one of Bouchard, Boqvist, Hughes or Dobson and the other three are gone at #7. Even then, we'd still be trading away a pick that could be Tkachuk, Wahlstrum or Zadina. Would losing one of them be worth gaining Panarin when he could potentially leave at the end of the year? 

Yeah losing out on 3 years of ELC on Zadina would bite plus we'd lose a protection spot.  Would make sense to do a deal after when u can ink him July 1.  I don't see Columbus rushing it but if they don't like our pick then it's counter intuitive.

23 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

The Russian ruble is falling in terms of market price. It's why Radulov came over. He would make way more in the NHL. 

I read somewhere that the leading scorer for MMG only makes 4.5 or 5 M per

4 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I can actually see Montreal in on him.

They also might want to try Dubois again too. Maybe talks even of swapping price for Bob?  I could see the team making a huge deal if they wanted too. Both teams have parts they both would probably want. Columbus may ditch Bob after his contract if he doesn't have playoff success. That is what one insider said he's been told. I always saw Price going to st Louis tho.

Montreal should be all over this possibility.

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

A full year remaining - not sure why he'd extend this early.

That said, what a weak deal that was for Chicago.

Yes, assuming he does not walk UFA?

Any take on why Saad dropped so precipitously? He was clearly better in the past...

Just now, Canuck Surfer said:

Any take on why Saad dropped so precipitously? He was clearly better in the past...

My understanding was that they were trying to get Toews going again, as Saad had chemistry with Toews the first time around. And, like most people, they probably assumed that Panarin’s production was a byproduct of playing with Kane.

Oof.

He's a helluva talent but I'm not sold on us being able to afford a player like him just yet. I'd rather keep our picks/youth and continue building our depth over the next couple seasons. Getting him would be only one piece of the puzzle, we've got a lot of work to do.

7 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Saad was pretty snake bitten all year long....pucks just were not going in the net for him for some reason.  It wasn't due to lack of opportunity, as he was on the 1st line most of year and was getting tons of scoring chances.  

Saad actually took more shots on goal this season than any other season, 237.....as i said, the chances were there.  But his shooting percentage was a dismal 7%.  Usually for his career he's between 11-13% on average, but this season saw a huge drop off.  If he had hit his normal shooting percentage, he would have potted 30-35 goals and his production would look vastly different.  As to why his shooting dropped off, who knows....bad sticks?

Hawks and Bowman are hoping it was just a fluke year and Brandon will regain his touch as he is still young with a lot of hockey in front of him.

17 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 26 year old PPG players usually cost more than a Top 10 pick. Kind of a mute poll question since it's unrealistic.

Don't usually like to do this but am bored.

Moot is the word you were looking for.

Archived