• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
-Vintage Canuck-

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Reid Boucher

I like it. Boucher is crazy good at the AHL level and will be a huge help to the Comets as they try to filter in more of our top prospects next year. Can come up and score a couple goals here and there too.

7 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

45 seconds since the tweet. You're getting faster.

I'm jacked about this, as a two-way deal, it's a steal. I'm well aware he will require waivers, but the indication that he's willing to play in Utica is a great thing.

Wonder how much Boucher's AHL salary is if he agreed to a new contract so quickly.

I really like Boucher. I hope he can put it together. His shot is lethal. He just needs to round out his game a little more. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Does this contract mean Boucher can't sign a contract in Europe for this coming season?  I wonder if there is an out clause.  He could make a lot more over there than in Utica, no?  Vey got 52 points in 50 games in the KHL last season.  Boucher would likely score 50 goals over there!  

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

two-way deal.

All that matters

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Solid signing. This guy is the best Comet by a country mile, and does a fairly decent job at the NHL level...for a really good Comet. One year, two way deal. Good solid signing, Jim.

its worth the risk, I don't see how he cracks the top 6 but who knows, maybe he comes to camp in beast mode. We certainly need 2nd unit PP options. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

its worth the risk, I don't see how he cracks the top 6 but who knows, maybe he comes to camp in beast mode. We certainly need 2nd unit PP options. 

I'm pretty sure he starts the season in Utica, and stays there for most of the season.  He's never came to a camp in great shape.  He's got a lot of talent, but lacks the desire to be the best player he can be.  I remember when he came to us (was it from Jersey?) he said he needed to make a better commitment to his off ice training.  He's always looked a little chubby to me, like Kyle Welwood.  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm pretty sure he starts the season in Utica, and stays there for most of the season.  He's never came to a camp in great shape.  He's got a lot of talent, but lacks the desire to be the best player he can be.  I remember when he came to us (was it from Jersey?) he said he needed to make a better commitment to his off ice training.  He's always looked a little chubby to me, like Kyle Welwood.  

I wonder if he and Hutton do a buffet tour in Ontario this summer.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

yah he was a Wellwoodian vibe for me as well. Training camp is going to be really interesting, I do think we may lose a guy or two to waivers. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wonder if he and Hutton do a buffet tour in the summer in Ontario.

Hutton is making gainz this summer bro.  Check out his Instagram......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good for Boucher.  He hasn't found a home in the NHL yet, but the Canucks do seem to like him.  Hopefully he can make the jump next season or, at the very least, provide good depth.

Hope he clears waivers, I feel it's likely, and if so there's one third of a top line and first power play unit for Utica! Also, as has been mentioned today in his thread, he had one call-up last year where he looked like he belonged, so it's certainly nice to have a near-NHL caliber call-up waiting in the wings.