The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Flyers Looking to Trade Wayne Simmonds

Pears

Agreed but that was the move to make 3 years ago. No sense giving up futures for him at this point.

This is Phili maximizing their asset, like we probably should have done with Tanev a year or two ago.

Simmonds is a great player. A contender will probably cough up a 1st round pick for him. Either that or a 2nd and a good prospect. But as a Canucks fan, I don't want to give up futures for him.

2 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Agreed but that was the move to make 3 years ago. No sense giving up futures for him at this point.

This is Phili maximizing their asset, like we probably should have done with Tanev a year or two ago.

Simmonds is a great player. A contender will probably cough up a 1st round pick for him. Either that or a 2nd and a good prospect. But as a Canucks fan, I don't want to give up futures for him.

Agreed about not giving up futures, but what about a deal based around Simmonds and Tanev?

5 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Time for Calgary to give up their 2019 1st. 

Gotta stick with whatever that plan is Burke. 

Hate to break it to ya. Burke left the Flames organization like 2 months ago.

I love the way Simmonds plays the game. Tough, hard checking, nice shot, decent skater and works hard. If the price is right...

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Agreed about not giving up futures, but what about a deal based around Simmonds and Tanev?

Intersting. But if Tanev is going out, we need some another defenseman coming back.

Edler's a free agent after this year. The rest of our D are borderline 2nd/3rd pairing guys. We really don't what we're going to get out of them. Maybe One of Stetcher/Hutton becomes a legit top 4 dman and maybe the other ends up out of the league in 2 years? Juolevi is a wild card. Hopefully he impresses but he's not someone you can count on at this point. 

So I just don't see JB trading Tanev without having a replacement. But once a couple of Stetcher, Hutton, Gudbranson, Juolevi, Pouliot (Tryamkin?!) have breakout seasons, or if another GM offers up a young defenseman, I expect Benning to pull the trigger.

3 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Intersting. But if Tanev is going out, we need some another defenseman coming back.

Edler's a free agent after this year. The rest of our D are borderline 2nd/3rd pairing guys. We really don't what we're going to get out of them. Maybe One of Stetcher/Hutton becomes a legit top 4 dman and maybe the other ends up out of the league in 2 years? Juolevi is a wild card. Hopefully he impresses but he's not someone you can count on at this point. 

So I just don't see JB trading Tanev without having a replacement. But once a couple of Stetcher, Hutton, Gudbranson, Juolevi, Pouliot (Tryamkin?!) have breakout seasons, or if another GM offers up a young defenseman, I expect Benning to pull the trigger.

What about something like this?

Tanev, Goldobin and a 3rd for Simmonds and Hägg?

17 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Time for Calgary to give up their 2019 1st. 

Gotta stick with whatever that plan is Burke. 

Didn't he step down from his position with the Flames and started working with HNIC? I'm pretty sure he's on stand by for when Don Cherry inevitably goes into cardiac arrest on Coaches Corner. They'll just quickly cut his hair and slide him right into Don's suit. No one will even notice :lol:

13 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Didn't he step down from his position with the Flames and started working with HNIC? I'm pretty sure he's on stand by for when Don Cherry inevitably goes into cardiac arrest on Coaches Corner. They'll just quickly cut his hair and slide him right into Don's suit. No one will even notice :lol:

The question is: will they make him actually tie his tie?

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

What about something like this?

Tanev, Goldobin and a 3rd for Simmonds and Hägg?

I don't know much about Hägg. How likely is he to be a 2nd pairing guy? Goldobin and a 3rd are both decent assets and I wouldn't want to give up anything of value for a defenseman that could very well end up being a 5 or 6. We have that in spades. 

So...do you vouch for Hägg? :P

Archived