The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Flyers Looking to Trade Wayne Simmonds

Pears

10 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Didn't he step down from his position with the Flames and started working with HNIC? I'm pretty sure he's on stand by for when Don Cherry inevitably goes into cardiac arrest on Coaches Corner. They'll just quickly cut his hair and slide him right into Don's suit. No one will even notice :lol:

Has Don Cherry been confirmed as still alive after Ovi's celebration?

30 years old 4mill cap hit. Modified ntc who really thinks Vancouver’s on that list.lol.

Although He’s a perfect fit on the third line with ericson and sutter they could be the mentoring foundational character line right isn’t that the sales pitch...

Pass. Could have sworn someone said fast fast fast....

i like Simmonds just not on Vancouver at this time. 

Just now, Master Mind said:

Simmonds + for Panarin.

Torts would love him.

Yes! You're onto something my friend. I could def see this happening. I wouldn't even say Simmonds + either. Panarin is good as gone once he hits free agency. He's a hot potato! Get him outta there. 

12 minutes ago, A.V.'s slurp said:

The question is: will they make him actually tie his tie?

Imagine the collective satisfaction of an entire nation, the day that Brian Burke cuts hair...and ties his tie. Coast to coast, this country will be a better place. 

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

What are they looking for? Cause as it stands now the fanbase only wants to move Hutton, Tanev, Granlund, Baer, Markstrom, Nilsson and Eriksson. Honorable mentions to MDZ and Gagner. Clearly they'll take any 3-4 of those guys for him, right? B)

Lol honerable mention to MDZ and Gagner? Trade them ALLLLL. Seriously though, this is probably the last real year of our rebuild. Everything will be geared towards the future. But then ownership will grow impatient and JB will be thinking about his next contract extension. So we'll be probably be buyers a year from now because there's a very real possibility that Bennings loses his job if we don't show significant improvement in the next couple years.

3 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Lol honerable mention to MDZ and Gagner? Trade them ALLLLL. Seriously though, this is probably the last real year of our rebuild. Everything will be geared towards the future. But then ownership will grow impatient and JB will be thinking about his next contract extension. So we'll be probably be buyers a year from now because there's a very real possibility that Bennings loses his job if we don't show significant improvement in the next couple years.

Pretty much. Fanbase wants Baer and Tanev gone the most it seems. Can't forget we want everyone gone for picks. GET ALL THE PICKS FOR ALL OUR PLAYERS. If you aren't a teenager you are too old for us. 

47 minutes ago, Jaku said:

Hate to break it to ya. Burke left the Flames organization like 2 months ago.

I love the way Simmonds plays the game. Tough, hard checking, nice shot, decent skater and works hard. If the price is right...

You're right, my bad. I guess they could start a new tradition based on the Hamonic trade though :lol:

Realistically though, I don't think they deal Simmonds now. He played through a pile of injuries all year and it affected his performance, especially in the Playoffs. I think they move him at the deadline unless some team makes a big offer. 

11 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Pretty much. Fanbase wants Baer and Tanev gone the most it seems. Can't forget we want everyone gone for picks. GET ALL THE PICKS FOR ALL OUR PLAYERS. If you aren't a teenager you are too old for us. 

Not me, love Baer w Horvat and Boeser, Sven isn't going to be a big ticket, gotta remember that. 

Wayne Simmonds is a machine. The Canucks could learn from his pain threshold:

During the entire 2017-18 season, Simmonds played with a torn pelvis, torn groin, fractured ankle, torn thumb ligament, and a busted jaw. Despite this long list of injuries, Simmonds was still able to break the 40 point mark on the season. He was nominated for the Mark Messier Leadership Award at the end of the season.

Guy is gunna get paid next summer as a UFA.  I love Simmonds and what he is as a player, but it would not be a great move to acquire him.

Will turn 30 this season, and some hard miles on him...If I am a team moving forward, he is a perfect rental player, but signing him to a long term deal would be a mistake.  He won't be able to continue that abrasive style of game for long.  

He will command $$ and term, just look at the Lucic deal and how bad it already is after 2 seasons, the same mistake will likely be made by a team going after Simmonds and signing him long term. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Agreed about not giving up futures, but what about a deal based around Simmonds and Tanev?

Trade our almost great almost has been for their almost great play in the shadows guy... Uh ... Huh? .... We need to unload these guys for future. Or we will be forever in a circle of unforgiving sh!t hawks Randy... Sh!t hawks.. 

Lets not trade for anyone.. And trade almost everyone.. Someone start that "#"... We wont slowly and eventually get better.. We are already are getting better.. "#" Dont trade our future for a guy with few good year and some left. Lets stick to the "plan" that way we can can see if it works.. I think it will IMO. We shall see.. 

# don't quite jump $&!#... 

My gf tells me "#" 's shouldn't have spaces.. 

Go canucks. Heres to a better year. Long shot Palmu makes the team by xmas! Petterson scores 45 pts. Dahlen 35. Virtanen 40+ Bo 55, Boeser 60, etc.... Who need Simmonds... Aka Smithers.... Get this degenarate out of my office... 

I like Simmer as a player, but the idea of trading for him at this point in his career makes no sense. And the idea of trading Tanev for him is ludicrous. You’re trading your most valuable expendable asset for a player who is at a similar place age wise where he won’t be helpful once the new core is in place. Except you’ve hamstrung your already woeful D corps for a player you don’t need. It’s one step forward and three  steps back. If you’re going to trade Tanev, do it for futures.

Archived