The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2018 NHL Awards

Me personally, even though the players gave the Humbolt and Parkland kids their space when all were on stage, I would have been hugging and shaking all of their hands and saying "thanks for coming and sharing your message and story".

44 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Me personally, even though the players gave the Humbolt and Parkland kids their space when all were on stage, I would have been hugging and shaking all of their hands and saying "thanks for coming and sharing your message and story".

I bet a lot of that happened afterwards and off camera.   If it was NBA or NFL, it would have been on camera.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Taylor Hall nailed it...with so few words with his acceptance speech. Acknowledged the Humbolt tragedy perfectly and the pause after the acknowledgment was a moment of humanity. Puts things into perspective...loved the painted message on the wall by the Humbolt coach and his wife reciting it....class act...loved it.

Taylor ending it with "let's all have a good night"...what a leader.

I think Edmonton traded the wrong guy

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

It looked awkward. These awards always are. Hockey players are team guys. For the most part humble. Its just awkward. Except for PK. He loves the attention. Lol. 

Living in the Okanagan with all the Alberta transplants and life is good. But this last fall with all the Oilers jersies, ball caps, car flags was too much. Fairweather fans already saving up cash to buy tickets to the finals. It's been much fun watching the crap show that team is and see there entitled fans bo hooing. Last night was the cherry on top. Giggled myself to sleep I did.

Archived