Rob_Zepp

Sedins Win King Clancy

Rate this topic

Yes, that was great to see. I thought they would win it, but I'm sure Subban was a close 2nd. Really great stepping stone to the retirement of #22 and #33 and induction into the HoF. The speech was good, but seemed a bit awkward, Daniel commenting on Hedman lol But good on him, again they show that it's not always all about them. Going to miss those guys.

• Hydration 1

11 minutes ago, Qwags said:

This encapsulates their entire careers. No one is more deserving.

I don't think I'm ready for a Sedin-less Canucks.

I know, I had kind of forgot that they won't be here next year. It'll be sad.

Could Subban look less enthusiastic for them?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He looked pretty gutted when he lost the Norris. I'm guessing it's more about that than anything.

• Hydration 3

14 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think they Sedins deserved it, but I can't believe Subban has never won it. I think if the Sedin weren't retiring Subban would have won it.

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, Justdean10 said:

I think they Sedins deserved it, but I can't believe Subban has never won it. I think if the Sedin weren't retiring Subban would have won it.

Don't disagree...but show some love for two of the game's greats.   If he lost to someone not named Sedin, I understand the sulk better - his date look unimpressed too.

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Don't disagree...but show some love for two of the game's greats.   If he lost to someone not named Sedin, I understand the sulk better - his date look unimpressed too.

I don't think it's a nock on the Sedins though.. I'm sure he knows they deserve it but I believe he should have won the Norris too. It seems like the NHL people don't like Subs so I'm sure he's just disappointed in how things seem to turn out for him. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

he should get an award just for having to deal with Bergevin 

Uh, that is a long time ago....right?    Did you forget a certain trade?    You will be forgiven if you did as Bergevin does trade pretty well everyone at some point each year.

Damn. Though I was done cutting onions on these guys.

• Upvote 1

Well deserved and just a great story for two outstanding people at the end of their playing careers. 

We were extremely lucky to have them both not only on the ice for our team but off it in our community aswell.

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Nothing but respect for these Gentlemen.  As Canuck's the best of all time, as human beings even better. 

My son has idolized them since he was 4 years old and I couldn't be happier. 

Gone but never forgotten.  Well done and well deserved!

Edited by Borvat

Hey PK. The Sedins are retiring. You have more seasons to try and win. Maybe Norris and other hardware too. Relax. 

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That's funny, because Daniel started the speech by congratulating Hedman, who won the Norris (Subban lost). I'm sure Subban was a bit annoyed with that, in addition to donating $10 million, starting his own foundation and losing the award.

• Haha 2

It's still so weird to me seeing this Sedin stuff, and the mentions of retirement. I don't think it's really going to hit me until game 1 of next season.

Congrats to them on this award though, they definitely deserve it.