The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins Win King Clancy

Rob_Zepp

Fitting.   Perhaps the most fitting award of their careers.    Love what these guys did for the game and I don't care who says otherwise, tough guys who will be locks for the HOF on the first ballot.   

Looks good on you Hank and Danny.   Well done!   

8:25 p.m. ET
Sedins win King Clancy Trophy 

Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin won the King Clancy Trophy, which goes to the player or players who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice and has made a noteworthy humanitarian contribution in his community.

Selected second and third, respectively, in the 1999 NHL Draft, the twins are the only sibling duo in League history to each record 1,000 career points. Henrik is the Canucks' all-time leader in games played, assists and points, while Daniel sits atop the franchise's all-time goals list.

DgLLsbIW4AAtJcY?format=jpg&name=small

Yes, that was great to see. I thought they would win it, but I'm sure Subban was a close 2nd. Really great stepping stone to the retirement of #22 and #33 and induction into the HoF. The speech was good, but seemed a bit awkward, Daniel commenting on Hedman lol But good on him, again they show that it's not always all about them. Going to miss those guys.

2 minutes ago, Justdean10 said:

I think they Sedins deserved it, but I can't believe Subban has never won it. I think if the Sedin weren't retiring Subban would have won it.

Don't disagree...but show some love for two of the game's greats.   If he lost to someone not named Sedin, I understand the sulk better - his date look unimpressed too.

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Don't disagree...but show some love for two of the game's greats.   If he lost to someone not named Sedin, I understand the sulk better - his date look unimpressed too.

I don't think it's a nock on the Sedins though.. I'm sure he knows they deserve it but I believe he should have won the Norris too. It seems like the NHL people don't like Subs so I'm sure he's just disappointed in how things seem to turn out for him. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

he should get an award just for having to deal with Bergevin 

Uh, that is a long time ago....right?    Did you forget a certain trade?    You will be forgiven if you did as Bergevin does trade pretty well everyone at some point each year.

Nothing but respect for these Gentlemen.  As Canuck's the best of all time, as human beings even better. 

My son has idolized them since he was 4 years old and I couldn't be happier. 

Gone but never forgotten.  Well done and well deserved!

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Could Subban look less enthusiastic for them?

That's funny, because Daniel started the speech by congratulating Hedman, who won the Norris (Subban lost). I'm sure Subban was a bit annoyed with that, in addition to donating $10 million, starting his own foundation and losing the award.

Archived