The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

It's that time of year.  The trailer is out for NHL19.

So before people start complaining that it's just a roster update, they aren't going to buy it, etc...  I can't wait.  I only ever play Franchise / Be A GM mode and I look forward to this every year.

Available Sept. 14th.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

I heard they were adding historical teams, but I don't see anything about that here. The additional legends are an exciting idea for me as a hockey history fan.

I probably won't ever play this though, as I don't own a modern console anymore.

When the reading about some of the features. The one thing that bothered me was about 3 of the "new stuff" mentioned the outdoors, and two of the mentioned skating. I felt as if j read five little tidbits that only talked about two things. Still probably will get it and play, but I am hoping for some new stuff here. 

As a game changer I can answer any questions you guys may have about anything that has been announced so far. After playing 19, I'm most excited for the changes to skating. 18, and the game in general since this new generation, has been so clunky and unresponsive I can hardly play it anymore. The new skating feels much more responsive and has me excited about the gameplay again. 

4 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

I always wait till it’s for 20 bucks. Recycled garbage , fifa is the king for sports games.

also ovie should

be on the cover not pk

Ovie was on the cover in 07. They don't repeat players, as far as I can recall.

This game looks pretty decent with the improvements. Although I'm holding my judgement until I see more and get my hands on it.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

Ovie was on the cover in 07. They don't repeat players, as far as I can recall.

This game looks pretty decent with the improvements. Although I'm holding my judgement until I see more and get my hands on it.

Jonathan Toews ring a bell?

Just saw a bit at the awards, wasn't impressed.

6 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

fifa is the king for sports games.

I disagree, I think MLB:The Show and NBA2k are still miles ahead of FIFA.  FIFA's career mode is very shallow compared to the other two.  I think Madden might even be better than FIFA in that regard. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Just saw a bit at the awards, wasn't impressed.

I disagree, I think MLB:The Show and NBA2k are still miles ahead of FIFA.  FIFA's career mode is very shallow compared to the other two.  I think Madden might even be better than FIFA in that regard. 

I mean as in actually innovating and improving the gameplay. 2k is definitely the most all around polished, garbage servers though. The show I never played im an Xbox guy .

48 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The trailer looked great, but I will reserve my judgement when more information gets released over the next few months. More needs to be done to keep up pace with other franchises (Madden, FIFA, etc). I will probably still buy it this year, since I haven't in a while. 

It has never kept pace with any of these titles. EANHL is running a marathon with no legs.

Will reserve judgement until they announce/don't announce any improvements Be a Pro or GM Mode. 

Both are easily the worst of any sports franchise and have in terms of what there is, and what they add year to year.

Edited by Jägermeister

13 minutes ago, beni said:

I wish they made NHL for PC <_<

EA will never do that with NHL. They'd lose a lot of sales because the first time they bring it to PC, the community will put out their own roster updates and customize their own teams, etc. It'll be better than the next 1,2, or even 3 sequels from EA.

It's one of the reasons why NHL 04 is still popular on PC.

• Upvote 1