The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

12 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think they messed up the skating as far as gameplay. Its like they are hopping around and there slow down instantly when you let off the stick rather than gliding a bit.

I was having trouble with adjusting to the defensive positioning and not needing to pokecheck. I adjusted but was still getting some bad calls on like a slash or high stick when you stick lift in a perfect position. I think it was because the penalties were set to 3/4 though so I adjusted that. Annoying having so many penalties called.

Still getting used to the positioning and new skating a bit on superstar but I do think the skating sucks. The positioning is alot better. Gameplay took 2 steps forward and 1 step back IMO.

As far as franchise mode, I like the fog of war and the drafting but its very confusing trying to scout. I think they could have done a better job laying out the scouting and the menu's/marked list when it comes to pro scouting. 

Overall the game is alright. I'll see how I feel when I get used to it more but right not its not like so good that I can't put it down. I bought it the other day & thought I'd be playing it more than I have. 

They also have a slider option for "puck control" well skating. So if u make a sharp term you can lose the puck. On my game it's set to off as a default option im half tempted to turn that and board physics on. (Bump into boards.. trip lol)

Decided to make a 80's/90's style franchise mode for fun.  No salary cap, made about 10 HoF prospects to be drafted and moved Florida to Quebec and Carolina to Hartford and added the Seattle Thunderbirds as the 32nd team. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ftmN said:

Roster Update and Gameplay Tuner drops tomorrow-

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/1050150395375280128

EP40 better be getting some love.  I changed his potential to Franchise.

If they had roster sharing like Madden then we wouldn't need to wait for EA to fix the rosters, or they could update the rosters weekly like they also do in Madden.

I see a lot of bitching about the skating and tripping calls but I don't have any issues. 

Two players that start off relatively low but end up 88+overall that I built my team around:

Spoiler

Martin Necas(TWF C - CAR) Adam Boqvist(OFD D - CHI)

Spoiler

I use Carolina's roster for my Hartford team so I started with Necas then I traded Teravainen for Boqvist.  Not a fan of how Teravainen, Sergachev, and Aho panned out.  I instantly had to pay Aho and Teravainin 6+ mil / year and even if you change them to PLY they still don't produce that much.  Sergachev is listed as a SNP but his stats resemble a PLY.  I was able to trade all three for good players + high draft picks. 

Still don't like how RFA's demand money based on the rating as oppose to their stats.  Necas I let marinate in the AHL for a year, he was 82 overall in his rookie year then boom he wants $8+ mil after his rookie year(90overall).

When I draft I'll take CHL players 9/10 times because they develop better when you send them back to the CHL and you don't have to worry about where they fit on your AHL team.  Haven't drafted many gems in the later rounds yet though. 

34 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Still don't like how RFA's demand money based on the rating as oppose to their stats.  Necas I let marinate in the AHL for a year, he was 82 overall in his rookie year then boom he wants $8+ mil after his rookie year(90overall).

The Nylander effect?

• Haha 1

The only change to the Canucks roster as far as I can tell:

Pettersson 78 -> 82 overall (Potential: Elite High).

The biggest need for changes to the roster are for Guddy (he's not a minor top 2 defensemen 76 overall, should be 78-79 top 6) and Goldy should have a top 6F potential.

4 hours ago, Boeserific said:

The recent patch has made free agency in franchise way too strong. I swear like 0% of players are re-signing with their teams and there is multiple 90+ overall players in the free agency every off season. Takes a lot of the fun out of it

Cap issues, it's hard to make trades now as well as they are not taking on any contracts.  Might be worth it to try a franchise with the cap turned off, as there is way too much turnover.  I don't like seeing franchise staples like Ovi on other teams. 

My issue is playmaker centers are scoring all the goals.  If my top line is LW(SNP) C(PLY) RW(SNP) the stats play out like LW (7g 33a) C (33g 7a) RW(7g 33a) and that really irks me.  I've tried swapping positions and changing the team strategy but to no avail. 

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Cap issues, it's hard to make trades now as well as they are not taking on any contracts.  Might be worth it to try a franchise with the cap turned off, as there is way too much turnover.  I don't like seeing franchise staples like Ovi on other teams. 

My issue is playmaker centers are scoring all the goals.  If my top line is LW(SNP) C(PLY) RW(SNP) the stats play out like LW (7g 33a) C (33g 7a) RW(7g 33a) and that really irks me.  I've tried swapping positions and changing the team strategy but to no avail. 

EA Logic: Obviously the sniper snipes the pass to the playmaker where he makes the play into the back of net.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I always play with the cap off :( they ruined it

Does anyone what game sliders I can adjust to generate more shots from the cpu? I'm great defensively but suck offensively so I'm getting into games with 15-20 shots total between the 2 teams. It's very frustrating the cpu doesn't shoot that often. When they do I typically block them.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

There's an annoying bug in my franchise where the owner updates his goals after every game.  

Updates, as in changes?  Or just updates so you get the red exclamation mark which makes you go and check but nothing has really changed?  

If it's the latter, same here.

11 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Updates, as in changes?  Or just updates so you get the red exclamation mark which makes you go and check but nothing has really changed?  

If it's the latter, same here.

Goals are changed after every game.  I was a contender and he wanted to make the playoffs.  Then after a game he wanted a first round pick, it would alternate between the two so after every game it got quite tedious.  Luckily it was just for one season.