The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

17 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Commentary in the game sucks.  Like what the hell is 'waffleboarded'?  I hear that every game lol.  One thing I love is they say my last name even though it's spelled differently.

The phrase dates back to when Doc Emerick broke into the business and goaltenders used actual waffles to construct their blockers.  This had the added benefit of providing goaltenders with an excellent snack during intermission.

The practice was stopped however, when Georges Vezina's backup goalie started adding syrup to his waffleboard.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Commentary in the game sucks.  Like what the hell is 'waffleboarded'?  I hear that every game lol.  One thing I love is they say my last name even though it's spelled differently.

Would be great if they ever brought back Jim Hughson and Don Taylor. They were bar none the best commentator duo the EA franchise has ever had. I am not the biggest fan of Doc Emrick. Ray is alright but he always makes my team sound worse than they are. Little ball of hate he is.

20 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Would be great if they ever brought back Jim Hughson and Don Taylor. They were bar none the best commentator duo the EA franchise has ever had. I am not the biggest fan of Doc Emrick. Ray is alright but he always makes my team sound worse than they are. Little ball of hate he is.

"Northbound on a Southbound freeway, look out!"

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

1 hour ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

"Northbound on a Southbound freeway, look out!"

"He was zealous but not overzealous"

• Haha 2

So I have simmed 11 years of my franchise mode.  One thing they need to add is career totals when looking at the stats.  I was playing game and scored a goal, turns out it was that players 500th goal so the whole team came out on the ice.  Some players like Kessel end up with 650 goals lol, Malkin just retired with 1800 points.

Another thing I wish they added was a depth chart.  Instead of having to manually edit lines after every injury it would be great if you could rank the players by position so the CPU would edit lines based on that. 

Just finished the regular season, won the President's Trophy and then called a team meeting.  The line at the team meeting...

"Being #1 in the standings is something the other 29 teams are jealous of..."

Oops.  You missed a little update there EA.  Unless the missing team that isn't jealous is the one that tanked for the first overall pick?  :D

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Adidas Hockey has designed new uniforms for the six Original 6 teams, exclusively for NHL 19.

DrQQuxlVYAAUvHM.jpg:large

It's tough to decide which one is the ugliest.

One thing I like is you can edit the jerseys of created teams in the offseason in franchise mode. 

5 hours ago, goalie13 said:

I wish you could create your own alternate jersey for the actual teams.

I was thinking that you probably could, you'd just have to create the team again.  Just not sure how many teams you can create, the only thing is you wont see the TM/ Copyright next to their names when you look at the standings.  In one of my franchises I have the Nordiques (No Dekes, not sure why they didn't include Nordiques in the commentary) the Whalers and Seattle Thunderbirds. 

If you need some good trade equity draft goalies.  I'll scout the potential of the top 5 goalies in every draft and I always draft any goalie with a Franchise/Elite Med,(or higher), even if they are in the 40's overall they'll still have the trade value of top10 pick and you can usually find them as deep as the 5th round.  I have four goalies(2 franchise/2 elite) in the system, I flipped one for the first overall pick and drafted a franchise Dman.  Ezpz.

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2018 at 2:35 AM, Sergei Bobrovsky said:

are there anybody here that plays EASHL club???

There's a group of us on here that have been playing together for the last 7-8 years on Playstation. There used to be a rivalry or two between us and other clubs but that has died over the years...

https://www.easports.com/nhl/clubs/ps4/Go Easy Pls

• Cheers 1

On 11/14/2018 at 10:09 AM, Tre Mac said:

If you need some good trade equity draft goalies.  I'll scout the potential of the top 5 goalies in every draft and I always draft any goalie with a Franchise/Elite Med,(or higher), even if they are in the 40's overall they'll still have the trade value of top10 pick and you can usually find them as deep as the 5th round.  I have four goalies(2 franchise/2 elite) in the system, I flipped one for the first overall pick and drafted a franchise Dman.  Ezpz.

I wish I had read this advice before I did my draft today.  :D

Oh well, next season.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, goalie13 said:

I wish I had read this advice before I did my draft today.  :D

Oh well, next season.

Lol, my buddy said the same thing.  He came over to watch the Nucks so I showed him my team "WTF?' was his response.  His biggest problem was using assistant coaches, that's a no-no.  The key to developing your prospects is to give them lots of ice time in the AHL, that's not going to happen with the CPU arranging the lines.  Sometimes it's tedious but it usually takes me under an hour to sim a full year.  I showed him how to scout and draft, or at least how I do it.  My scouting staff is one pro and 15 amateurs, all at least B or higher but they all have B+ or higher in prospect development.  I just use the one pro scout to scout my own team and anyone I may be interested in trading for, I don't use AHL scouts.  For my amateur scouts I got 3 in each CHL league, one for each US zone, and one for Liga/SHL/Russia.   For the CHL scouts, one does auto scouting, one does manual scouting and the other hunts for prospects for the whole year.  The result at draft time is most of the potentials are scouted, and I got usually 20 "Gems" that vary from 1st rounders to undrafted prospects.  After that I draft soley on potential, just sort the prospects by potential and voila -  draft the highest ranked prospect giving priority over the "gems", if the pool is looking bleak I turn to the goalies.  If I can, I'll try and take some pics.