The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Lol, my buddy said the same thing.  He came over to watch the Nucks so I showed him my team "WTF?' was his response.  His biggest problem was using assistant coaches, that's a no-no.  The key to developing your prospects is to give them lots of ice time in the AHL, that's not going to happen with the CPU arranging the lines.  Sometimes it's tedious but it usually takes me under an hour to sim a full year.  I showed him how to scout and draft, or at least how I do it.  My scouting staff is one pro and 15 amateurs, all at least B or higher but they all have B+ or higher in prospect development.  I just use the one pro scout to scout my own team and anyone I may be interested in trading for, I don't use AHL scouts.  For my amateur scouts I got 3 in each CHL league, one for each US zone, and one for Liga/SHL/Russia.   For the CHL scouts, one does auto scouting, one does manual scouting and the other hunts for prospects for the whole year.  The result at draft time is most of the potentials are scouted, and I got usually 20 "Gems" that vary from 1st rounders to undrafted prospects.  After that I draft soley on potential, just sort the prospects by potential and voila -  draft the highest ranked prospect giving priority over the "gems", if the pool is looking bleak I turn to the goalies.  If I can, I'll try and take some pics.    

Those are good tips.

I think I mentioned before, I play (almost) every game, so I just finished my first season.  In a weird way it was disappointing because I already won the President's Trophy and Stanley Cup with close to the current Canucks roster.  I had shed a few vets (Del Zotto & Sutter) for picks and swapped Edler for Myers.  Other than that, the roster was pretty close to the same.  The problem is, what do I do for an encore?

Still, I am going to use your tips and try to build a dynasty.  On to Season 2!

I took some pics, now it's just finding a way to post them when I am at home.

Has anyone notice potential changes in franchise mode?  I drafted this player in the 2nd round, he was a gem and ended up being 73over(elite MED), by far the best skater I've ever drafted beyond the 1st round.  Long story short I traded him and his potential changed from elite to franchise.  He's 23yo now 92overall with a franchise potential, he has the most trade value in my franchise now.  Why did I trade him lol?  Actually he's one of those 90+overall TWF that can't top 20goals but ask for 12mil/yr. 

My team finished with 52 wins one year, ended up playing on the road to start round one and lost to Buffalo who had 54wins lol.  WTF?  Columbus finished with 11 wins, by far the worst I have seen a CPU control team finish.  Phil Kessel retired at age 43 with 1700 points, yeah ok.  Buffalo is stacked on my franchise, they ended up with Holtby(90overall) and that euro goalie they had (88overall) plus a couple of good draft picks.  I still prefer salary cap off.

16 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Don’t  think this has been posted yet but it is deserving of an upgrade. 

CB810689-377C-44B4-88C2-3FDB0F187987.png

He's a beast in the game, only player with Elite(High) potential iirc.  In fact if you were make a search of every player in the game I am pretty sure EP40 will have the highest trade value from the get-go.  I've done plenty of sims and he's always ends up 92-94 overall. 

My beloved 6'5 finnish defensive defenseman who was a 5th overall pick and a player I am building my D-core around demanded a trade.  So I traded him then immediately traded back for him(cost me an extra 3rd round pick) and now all is well. 

Speaking of morale issues, EA needs to tweak theirs:

Player - "I love all the ice-time I am getting"

Coach - "Keep up the good work!"

Player didn't appreciate the kid glove approach, his morale is dropped. 

Really lol?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

In my NHL 19 Kansas City Sting be a gm mode I had a rough start to December dropping 4 of 5 games. I made a small trade to shake things up and the team is playing well. 

Granlund our 3rd overall pick in the 2018 draft has slid down the lineup to the third line and his production has picked up some after a long lul. He currently leads the team with 32 pts in 49 games. 

The trade we made was:

Alex Martinez

Jimmy Hayes

KSS 2020 2nd Round Pick 

In exchange for:

Arturri Lekhonen

Youn Ylonen (cpu generated 2019 2nd rounder)

Alzner (cap dump for them plays in my top 4)

Ylonen has top 6 potential and is taking charge with our farm team. Already 2 GWG's in 3 games. Lekhonen is bumped up our roster some playing on the second line with Krejci.

Lines are:

Gourde - Barbashev - Connolly

Lekhonen - Krejci - Nyquist

Granlund - B. Ritchie - Williams

McGinn - Pyatt - Gibbons

Dunn - Stralman 

Alzner - Braun

Beaulieu - Osterle

Korpisalo

Bernier

Zboril got sent down after his production dried up and he began to struggle with the NHL competiton heating up. We got a good group of guys on the farm team. Lots of veterans to help out our squad.

Krejci dropped to the second line because he was struggling to produce and it was affecting the later lines. Our top line with Barbashev and Gourde is very fast and creative so they do well with puck possession and retrieval. Connolly is their trigger man. Connoly has climbed his way up the lineup with good offensive play. Was on our fourth line up until a month ago when he started to climb up.

The free agent signings of Williams and Nyquist have not really helped us as offensively as we have hoped. Their speed and checking skills have made us a better team though. 

Korpisalo is a beast. He is looking more and more calm as the season progresses. I am looking forward to locking him up to term but he's only asking for 4 M per on an 8 year deal lol. So I may need to revisit it or look for comparables if I want to do it mid season.

Goaltending overall has been solid but I'm playing with 4 minute periods so I don't typically face a lot of shots in a game. We are atop the NHL but a couple clubs are nipping at our heels. We got destroyed 4-1 and 3-1 vs the blues and jets who are right behind us in the standings.

I traded Ekholm to STL in the off season. They are doing very well with his addition to their squad. I definitely got some tough competition. Even if we stay atop the league we are going to have to really battle in the playoffs. Our team is primarily built around speed and skill. We tend to struggle vs bigger and heavier teams. Should be interesting to see how we do. Pittsburgh really gave us a challenge too. We are relentless though which is nice. Very lethal pp and an ok pk 

On 11/29/2018 at 2:42 PM, Tre Mac said:

My beloved 6'5 finnish defensive defenseman who was a 5th overall pick and a player I am building my D-core around demanded a trade.  So I traded him then immediately traded back for him(cost me an extra 3rd round pick) and now all is well. 

Speaking of morale issues, EA needs to tweak theirs:

Player - "I love all the ice-time I am getting"

Coach - "Keep up the good work!"

Player didn't appreciate the kid glove approach, his morale is dropped. 

Really lol?

I actually have the morale system on but I never respond to players anymore for that reason. I don't do team meetings unless the teams really struggling. I let the coach deal with the players their questions go away over time. I see if I can help them with their Q's but I never make decisions based off of it lol.

We have had a lot of success in our first year tho so I'm not expecting to much in terms of frustration aside from maybe 3rd line guys getting 4th line minutes. My team is essentially full of third liners lol. I have 1-2 legit top 6 forwards the rest are 3rd or 4th line guys. I am mainly a 3 line team but my fourth line guys get prime pk minutes or shut down assignments vs some of the more challenging teams. McGinn and Pyatt are fantastic fourth liners. Great pkers and they got some decent speed.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

I actually have the morale system on but I never respond to players anymore for that reason. I don't do team meetings unless the teams really struggling. I let the coach deal with the players their questions go away over time. I see if I can help them with their Q's but I never make decisions based off of it lol.

We have had a lot of success in our first year tho so I'm not expecting to much in terms of frustration aside from maybe 3rd line guys getting 4th line minutes. My team is essentially full of third liners lol. I have 1-2 legit top 6 forwards the rest are 3rd or 4th line guys. I am mainly a 3 line team but my fourth line guys get prime pk minutes or shut down assignments vs some of the more challenging teams. McGinn and Pyatt are fantastic fourth liners. Great pkers and they got some decent speed.

Now I just do whatever the yellow answer is, demanding?  That answer doesn't ruffle any feathers on my team and if anyone requests a trade I now know not to meet them, if/when we start winning their morale will rise again. 

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Now I just do whatever the yellow answer is, demanding?  That answer doesn't ruffle any feathers on my team and if anyone requests a trade I now know not to meet them, if/when we start winning their morale will rise again. 

Oh interesting i haven't had a player request a trade quite yet. Im sure it will happen eventually though lol.

We hold the right to say no unless their a Ufa. Do RFA's who have asked for a trade ever had out that next summer?

That would be pretty sweet if they did lol

I just got this game yesterday and played almost all game modes online I normally play EASHL 6 on 6 RW Trevor Linden, but one game mode won't work or allow me to play and that's the ONES mode, everytime it loads up with 3 people you can see them then it loads the screen to get ready to play and bam cuts out and says Lost Connection to other players, everytime I've tried over 10 times same thing, but no problems playing 3v3 or 6v6 or Hut games online always shows 3 bars good connection, so don't get why I can't play ONES pissing me off actually.

Update: It finally started working must of been a server glitch, anyways like the Ones, always in Tier One, and getting Diamond Wins!

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

On 10/28/2018 at 12:05 PM, HI5 said:

Went from averaging 4 goals a game in eashl (nhl17) to getting kicked out for poor team play and 3 goals in 11 games in nhl19 lol wtf

Found this funny since all I do is play EASHL, I haven't had a new NHL game since NHL Legacy Xbox 360 and was still playing it up until last Thursday, servers and people still play EASHL drop ins/community on it. Anyways got 19 on Friday, and in EASHL I have a record of 17-11-2 playing forward 29 games, and I have 44goals, 42assists for 86 points, NHL 17 must of been super easy....

On 11/22/2018 at 9:12 AM, Tre Mac said:

I took some pics, now it's just finding a way to post them when I am at home.

Has anyone notice potential changes in franchise mode?  I drafted this player in the 2nd round, he was a gem and ended up being 73over(elite MED), by far the best skater I've ever drafted beyond the 1st round.  Long story short I traded him and his potential changed from elite to franchise.  He's 23yo now 92overall with a franchise potential, he has the most trade value in my franchise now.  Why did I trade him lol?  Actually he's one of those 90+overall TWF that can't top 20goals but ask for 12mil/yr. 

Do you guys know if the players role or player type is changed if they improve in other areas they wouldn't normally. 

Ie I convert a twf into a ply or a scorer. Will that player then develop those other tendencies?

On 12/19/2018 at 6:26 AM, Rush17 said:

Do you guys know if the players role or player type is changed if they improve in other areas they wouldn't normally. 

Ie I convert a twf into a ply or a scorer. Will that player then develop those other tendencies?

Not sure tbh.

Does anyone know if a players potential can be reached after the age of 27?  

I acquired Erik Gudbranson but I'm still under the old ratings where he is a 77 overall ie an AHL'er. He's listed as having med elite potential. 

I'm curious if he plays well enough on a good team in a good role if he can become like an 82-84 overall or higher?  

Edited by Rush17

I'm also looking at D man Phillipe Myers of the Flyers organization. Not sure where he will be in the end but his potential and stats look decent for a 22 yr old.

Gudbranson played his first game last night had 17 minutes of ice time on our third pairing with Nathan Beaulieu. He had zeros across the board which isn't terrible I suppose. I'm trying to see if his confidence will rise and thus his play being back in the NHL and contributing. 

I have about a week left in game 2-3 nhl games before the trade deadline. I really need a solution on that third pairing I'm just not sure if he can be the guy over final stretch and into the playoffs.

Any suggestions, advice, or what not would be greatly appreciated. ::D

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, Rush17 said:

Does anyone know if a players potential can be reached after the age of 27?  

I acquired Erik Gudbranson but I'm still under the old ratings where he is a 77 overall ie an AHL'er. He's listed as having med elite potential. 

I'm curious if he plays well enough on a good team in a good role if he can become like an 82-84 overall or higher?  

I think once they hit 27 the potential gets greyed out and their ratings are pretty much set.  The overall may fluctuate due to morale changes.

I tried some experimenting with prospects.  You could make a 99overall player but only give them a top6(low) potential and they wont go until the second round, conversely you could make a 50overall player with a franchise(high) potential and they'll go first overall.  After that top6 players hits 27 his potential gets changed to elite(probably based on his overall). 

• Upvote 1