The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Nice that's a pretty solid lineup!

Sure will be nice to complete some of the milestones eventually and get some higher players for free. I played this guy last night who had a team like yours much better then mine, but it was funny he had the old vintage Canucks jerseys on, the black and orange V ones and was thinking can this be you by chance, but then he had a different goalie then what you mentioned so it couldn't be, but anyways came back and beat him 3-2, scored 2 goals in the 3rd!

Are you on Xbox or PS?

PlayStation. It wasn't me since I don't have those vintage Canucks jerseys.

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PlayStation. It wasn't me since I don't have those vintage Canucks jerseys.

I'm on Xbox anyways, so never will happen then oh well, I like playing against teams with better players more of a challenge for myself! 

I played this one guy his whole team was 86 or higher my highest was 85 and I only had my 84 Dubnyk in net at the time, he had everyone except Mario, I beat him 4-1 :lol:

13 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'm on Xbox anyways, so never will happen then oh well, I like playing against teams with better players more of a challenge for myself! 

I played this one guy his whole team was 86 or higher my highest was 85 and I only had my 84 Dubnyk in net at the time, he had everyone except Mario, I beat him 4-1 :lol:

Yeah, I have faced many teams that have very good players (all legend/alumni players), but overall are bad gamers themselves. Maybe they spend too much time in the auction house and not enough time playing games? Or, maybe, they are one of those people that would use position lock in previous years and now are not used to handling all positions.

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah, I have faced many teams that have very good players (all legend/alumni players), but overall are bad gamers themselves. Maybe they spend too much time in the auction house and not enough time playing games? Or, maybe, they are one of those people that would use position lock in previous years and now are not used to handling all positions.

Yeah I normally just think they're spoiled kids who got mommy and daddy to buy them their team, because they suck and need good players to try and win lol.

Regarding the Alumni players they suck imo, they're to slow I find their skating speeds are always like 85 or less I stay away from those Alumni players, the Gold Legends seem like the good ones they're much higher rated, so expect their speed to be higher. Like for instance I bought the 83 Linden Alumni but his speed is 81 I think just way to slow for me.

Ok, I'll see if these pics work, they may burn your retinas:

Spoiler

1567660118_20181231_1152001.thumb.jpg.2acb5f061216ba540a5ce08fd08f3430.jpg

This is my scouting staff.  Three in each CHL league, two in USA central and one in each of the other areas.  All my scouts must be a B grade or higher and for the most part they just auto-scout.  When you start off it could be slow but I was able to hire 2 or 3 scouts per year.  Make sure you do the budget, take out all the money in travel because that is useless and max out the scouting staff every year.

Spoiler

1003292434_20181231_1151251.thumb.jpg.1d4052423e30f6de7c5d74ab9020eabf.jpg

This is what a good scouting staff gets you.  I sorted the draft class by potential and scrolled down past the top 5 picks.  See the guy ranked 100th?  That's the money pick right there, elite potential - he'll also have good trade value.  Same with all those goalies, and not listed is two franchise goalies at the top of the list.  Look at how many players get scouted though and there are usually a dozen gems also.  All the info you need to draft like the Jets or Lightning lol.

Spoiler

1665380904_20181231_1153211.thumb.jpg.e6a358821b75754f90559fd9b55e4482.jpg

Here are my goalies, note the top two guys.   Hard to see the trade value but it's pretty good.

491147435_20181231_1153461.thumb.jpg.8333af915731472583866064b8a83b66.jpg

Second round, honestly probably could've drafted him as low as the 3rd.  Two years in the AHL and he'll be a star.

1903000900_20190104_1617231.thumb.jpg.6b61e3b9ed260a20a041823b867e1779.jpg

Pretty awesome when this is what you get for your backup lol.  $8mil lol, guy probably played 10 games in the NHL...

Spoiler

2250716_20181231_1152501.thumb.jpg.e6866cd0e29fbe8e31f68547b7972612.jpg

Check out that salary cap lol.  These are my skaters, lots of those players were drafted beyond the second round.  Once their entry contracts are up I usually let the CPU offer sheet them, get the draft picks and just repeat the process.  

And that's that pretty much. I'll take some pics of the Whalers, Nordiques, and Seattle if anyone wants to see some jerseys.  I'll leave with this sweet ass name, even though I knew he wouldn't have a future I had to draft him.963719564_20190101_0017361.thumb.jpg.b7e4871afeee6e05daa84fd9bdea64c0.jpg

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Ok, I'll see if these pics work, they may burn your retinas:

Hide contents

1567660118_20181231_1152001.thumb.jpg.2acb5f061216ba540a5ce08fd08f3430.jpg

This is my scouting staff.  Three in each CHL league, two in USA central and one in each of the other areas.  All my scouts must be a B grade or higher and for the most part they just auto-scout.  When you start off it could be slow but I was able to hire 2 or 3 scouts per year.  Make sure you do the budget, take out all the money in travel because that is useless and max out the scouting staff every year.

Hide contents

1003292434_20181231_1151251.thumb.jpg.1d4052423e30f6de7c5d74ab9020eabf.jpg

This is what a good scouting staff gets you.  I sorted the draft class by potential and scrolled down past the top 5 picks.  See the guy ranked 100th?  That's the money pick right there, elite potential - he'll also have good trade value.  Same with all those goalies, and not listed is two franchise goalies at the top of the list.  Look at how many players get scouted though and there are usually a dozen gems also.  All the info you need to draft like the Jets or Lightning lol.

Hide contents

1665380904_20181231_1153211.thumb.jpg.e6a358821b75754f90559fd9b55e4482.jpg

Here are my goalies, note the top two guys.   Hard to see the trade value but it's pretty good.

491147435_20181231_1153461.thumb.jpg.8333af915731472583866064b8a83b66.jpg

Second round, honestly probably could've drafted him as low as the 3rd.  Two years in the AHL and he'll be a star.

1903000900_20190104_1617231.thumb.jpg.6b61e3b9ed260a20a041823b867e1779.jpg

Pretty awesome when this is what you get for your backup lol.  $8mil lol, guy probably played 10 games in the NHL...

Hide contents

2250716_20181231_1152501.thumb.jpg.e6866cd0e29fbe8e31f68547b7972612.jpg

Check out that salary cap lol.  These are my skaters, lots of those players were drafted beyond the second round.  Once their entry contracts are up I usually let the CPU offer sheet them, get the draft picks and just repeat the process.  

And that's that pretty much. I'll take some pics of the Whalers, Nordiques, and Seattle if anyone wants to see some jerseys.  I'll leave with this sweet ass name, even though I knew he wouldn't have a future I had to draft him.963719564_20190101_0017361.thumb.jpg.b7e4871afeee6e05daa84fd9bdea64c0.jpg

This makes me want to buy it. All I played the previous versions for was the GM Mode. Last years was so bad that I didn’t bother this time. Maybe I should just wait for NHL20.

2 hours ago, Monty said:

This makes me want to buy it. All I played the previous versions for was the GM Mode. Last years was so bad that I didn’t bother this time. Maybe I should just wait for NHL20.

Knowing EA next year will be a step back in terms of quality.  :lol:

Kansas City Sting update!

The crazy west has competed its first round. #1 seed KSS went up against #5 CHI.

Game 1 in Kansas: 3-1 KSS wins (empty netter)

Game 2 in Kansas: 5-3 KSS wins (empty netter)

Game 3 in Chicago: 1-0 KSS wins

Game 4 in Chicago: 2-0 KSS wins

Kansas city managed to sweep the series with a strong series finish by Jonas Korpisalo. Korpisalo had an .885 sv% after game two. Late in the second game korpisalo Absolutely Robs Patty Kane and Jonathan Toews.

The final 2 1/2 minutes of the game was all in KSS end. The team manages to get an empty netter with 12 seconds left.

After that strong finish in game 2 korpisalo made insane save,  after insane save. He shutout Chicago in the final games making saves he had no business making. KSS clogged up the play with their speed and defensive play. 

Winnipeg was surprisingly knocked out by Colorado. Which actually bodes well for KSS as we likely had no shot against a big team like Winnipeg. 

Korpisalo finished the series with a .906 sv% posting 2 shutouts. Our leading scorer happened to be Karl Alzner.

The blues also fell to Vegas, yet another surprise. The blues had our number all season long. So this is also looking really promising. Colorado is a fast team though so this will be interesting. If we can contain Nate MacKinnon we might have a shot.

IMG_20190106_214826.jpg

With my 30 year franchise nearly an end I made another one to try relocating a franchise.  So I did a 32 team league again, Seattle as the 32nd team, Quebec in place of Florida and Hartford in place of Carolina and took control of Arizona and moved them to Portland.  Take notes Bettman.  Swapped some teams out as well, Edmonton and Calgary moved to the Central in place of Seattle and Colorado. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:03 PM, Rush17 said:

Kansas City Sting update!

The crazy west has competed its first round. #1 seed KSS went up against #5 CHI.

Game 1 in Kansas: 3-1 KSS wins (empty netter)

Game 2 in Kansas: 5-3 KSS wins (empty netter)

Game 3 in Chicago: 1-0 KSS wins

Game 4 in Chicago: 2-0 KSS wins

Kansas city managed to sweep the series with a strong series finish by Jonas Korpisalo. Korpisalo had an .885 sv% after game two. Late in the second game korpisalo Absolutely Robs Patty Kane and Jonathan Toews.

The final 2 1/2 minutes of the game was all in KSS end. The team manages to get an empty netter with 12 seconds left.

After that strong finish in game 2 korpisalo made insane save,  after insane save. He shutout Chicago in the final games making saves he had no business making. KSS clogged up the play with their speed and defensive play. 

Winnipeg was surprisingly knocked out by Colorado. Which actually bodes well for KSS as we likely had no shot against a big team like Winnipeg. 

Korpisalo finished the series with a .906 sv% posting 2 shutouts. Our leading scorer happened to be Karl Alzner.

The blues also fell to Vegas, yet another surprise. The blues had our number all season long. So this is also looking really promising. Colorado is a fast team though so this will be interesting. If we can contain Nate MacKinnon we might have a shot.

IMG_20190106_214826.jpg

Why is your Team abbreviated WTC?

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

With my 30 year franchise nearly an end I made another one to try relocating a franchise.  So I did a 32 team league again, Seattle as the 32nd team, Quebec in place of Florida and Hartford in place of Carolina and took control of Arizona and moved them to Portland.  Take notes Bettman.  Swapped some teams out as well, Edmonton and Calgary moved to the Central in place of Seattle and Colorado. 

Wichita Talented Club? I have no idea either and didn't even notice til you brought it up lol.

• Haha 1

You can make prospects as young as 2003 now, so a Dec. 31 2003 prospect will get drafted 5 or so years into your franchise.  The first draft(2018) is pretty bunk but the Coilers got the 1st overall pick which was a pretty good sniper for McJesus, I picked a 5'9 OFD at 6th, at least he had medium potential.  The next draft was the real one and I killed it.  Traded a lot of my older players on the Coyotes and was able to pick up 4 picks in the top 15(3, 6, 10, 14) and managed to get elite potential out of all those picks, I got lucky on two of them.  After that draft I officially moved the team to Portland, the Portland Renegades.  When you turn off trade/waiver notifications and just allow the CPU to set the lines it can take only 15min to sim a year and there are only 4 'pauses' where you have get prompted to continue(draft class overview, dec. 1 RFA's, etc.).  Currently the only players that were originally on the Coyotes are Keller and OEL, the rest are under 21 yo.  I tank like a champ.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:49 AM, Tre Mac said:

I originally named it the witchata sting - another city in Kansas. Then I changed it mid creation and forgot to put it as KSS lol.  Do you know if there is a way to fix that in series?

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I originally named it the witchata sting - another city in Kansas. Then I changed it mid creation and forgot to put it as KSS lol.  Do you know if there is a way to fix that in series?

Wasps That Chronically Sting?

Doubt you can change it unless you relocate.  I think you can only edit the uniforms in the offseason.  I remember I had HFD as Harford originally but opted to change it and had to start my franchise over again.

Edited by Tre Mac

Game 3 vs the Aves in Colorado. (1-0 loss in ot)

0-0 heading into OT. Nate MacKinnon rips one below the glove of Korpisalo and it trickles in. Colorado wins 1-0 in sudden death overtime.

Game 4 vs the Aves in Colorado (3-2 win in regulation)

Yanni Gourde gets an early 1-0 lead middle of the first frame. Gourde tallies a 2nd goal late in the 2nd period. Gourde strikes again and completes the natural hat trick from what has been a quiet top line for KSS in this series. Colin Wilson strikes back shortly after the hat trick goal. Late in the third with 29 seconds remaining KSS takes a bad tripping penalty. Carl Soderberg scores on the PP. 16 seconds remain in the third. Colorado wins the draw Rantanen in close is absolutely robbed by korpisalo. Karl Alzner throws the puck to the corner as the clock runs out. 

Big game for Colorado next up in KSS. Colorado's top line of Panarin MacKinnon Rantanen is scary lol.

Around the league

EDM up 3-1 on VGK

WSH up 3-1 on CBJ

PIT up 3-1 on OTT

Ottawa won the draft lottery and selected a franchise winger currently an 88 overall. They defeated Matthews and the leafs in round 1.

KSS leading playoff point getters:

Karl Alzner 1G, 7A in 8 GP

Yannie Gourde 4G, 2A in 8GP

Joonas Korpisalo 7-0-1 (3 SO's) .919 SV% 1.11 GAA

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Wasps That Chronically Sting?

Doubt you can change it unless you relocate.  I think you can only edit the uniforms in the offseason.  I remember I had HFD as Harford originally but opted to change it and had to start my franchise over again.

Does this include ur who affiliate? I forgot to design theirs lol. They have black and red jerseys. The big club is a baby blue and white.

I have to admit Karl Alzner has been a great addition to our KSS club. He's getting top 4 minutes on our D and has 8 points in 8 freaking playoff games. 

Hard to believe he was a waiver wire guy last year in MTL. 

Dunn (81) Stralman (84)

Alzner (80) Braun (83)

Beaulieu (79) P. Myers (76)

Alzner has bailed us out a lot defensively in this series too. Really strong 2 way play.

If you read my previous posts we got him in a deal with MTL where we got Alzner, Lekhonen, and Ylonen from MTL. Alzner was a cap dump for them and a serviceable D on my backend. He has fit in seemlessly.  

I believe we traded Martinez and a 2nd for those 3. It's worked well for us. That was our only real sizable move all season. (Aside from the Gourde swap but he was a pending RFA about to be locked out on Dec 1st)