The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

Playing some franchise mode. Drafting goalies is way too easy, I just got 2 medium franchise potential goalies with back to back 5th round picks and medium elite goalies with my 6th and 7ths. Was already developing another medium franchise potential goalie as well, the value is so high

Just picked this up on the PlayStation store. Haven't played one in a few years. Since they added the CHL leagues actually. Which brings up a question. In franchise mode, will i (as the canucks) own the rights to everyone the canucks have drafted? I assume I'd still have to create NCAA guys like Hughes and Madden, and transfer the European prospects over to the Comets right? 

On 2/7/2019 at 11:51 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Anyone buying those 66 overall Jordan Tootoo cards on hut? I was given one and decided to buy 3 more at $15,000 each and then traded my 4 of them for his 89 card, so basically picked up a 89 OVR card for $45,000 and his speed and acceleration are at 97, worth it I think.

I just sold the one that I had. They were going for 15,000 each? Last I checked, it was closer to 4,000.

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I just sold the one that I had. They were going for 15,000 each? Last I checked, it was closer to 4,000.

On Xbox people are buying them at 14,000 still lol I bought so many at 500-1000 and flipped them, and then the event ended on Monday and then yesterday or the day before they started it up again so it ends with the other ones, so bought a bunch more because people thought it was over and were just trying to get ride of them.

Before the event started I had 117,000 coins, I now have 950,000 and still bought a ton of stuff for my lineup or stuff to resell, still have 15 Tootoos left :bigblush:

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 1:02 PM, edler rocks said:

Just picked this up on the PlayStation store. Haven't played one in a few years. Since they added the CHL leagues actually. Which brings up a question. In franchise mode, will i (as the canucks) own the rights to everyone the canucks have drafted? I assume I'd still have to create NCAA guys like Hughes and Madden, and transfer the European prospects over to the Comets right? 

Correct.

It's the addition of guys like Hughes, and now Teves that keeps me buying this game every year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend a winger for my 2019 Canucks franchise. 

We have made 2 trades so far along with editing some of the existing players attributes and potential. (Some improved many weakened).

Our lines are currently:

Patches - Pettersson - Boeser

Baercheese - Statsny - kyrou

Pearson - Sutter - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Roussel

Edler Stecher

Hughes Tanev

Juolevi Schenn

Markstrom

Demko

We moved Horvat out for Patches and Statsny to add some veteran presence and goal scoring. Along with some other goodies for kyrou. We could really use a legitimate top 6 winger and possibly an upgrade on Tanev in our top 4. 

We tried to make a deal around Pearson, Tanev, Gaudette, and a 2nd for Ufa Tyler Myers and pending RFA Kyle Connor. No dice on that front though as our pro scouts valuations are off apparently. They showed us giving up more value but that's on our scouts. 

I'm debating if we should offer more for Connor or if you guys might have another suggestion. 

4 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Hi guys, I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend a winger for my 2019 Canucks franchise. 

We have made 2 trades so far along with editing some of the existing players attributes and potential. (Some improved many weakened).

Our lines are currently:

Patches - Pettersson - Boeser

Baercheese - Statsny - kyrou

Pearson - Sutter - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Roussel

Edler Stecher

Hughes Tanev

Juolevi Schenn

Markstrom

Demko

We moved Horvat out for Patches and Statsny to add some veteran presence and goal scoring. Along with some other goodies for kyrou. We could really use a legitimate top 6 winger and possibly an upgrade on Tanev in our top 4. 

We tried to make a deal around Pearson, Tanev, Gaudette, and a 2nd for Ufa Tyler Myers and pending RFA Kyle Connor. No dice on that front though as our pro scouts valuations are off apparently. They showed us giving up more value but that's on our scouts. 

I'm debating if we should offer more for Connor or if you guys might have another suggestion. 

I ended up adding Jeff Skinner followed by Anders Lee. Skinner I targeted with Patches, Beagle, and Granlund. Anders Lee NYI had attempted to trade him to me 2 times earlier in the year. they came asking a 3rd time so I proposed Tanner Pearson a 3rd and a 4th. They took the bait and pulled the trigger. We are now 3-10 and looking to dig ourselves out of the bottom of the league. Petey is 81 in faceoffs for me but he can't win a draw to save his life lol.

Lines are now:

Skinner, Statsny, Boeser

Lee, Pettersson, Virtanen

Baercheese, Spooner, Roussell

Motte, Sutter, Gaudette 

Edler, Stecher

Hughes, Tanev

Juolevi, Schenn

Markstrom

Demko

I don't feel we are a lot better off but Skinner is 1 PT overall more than Patches and Lee is 1 more PT overall then Pearson so maybe. Haven't played a game with Lee yet. Skinner had a goal in his first game. Was our first game where we had more 1-2 goals in a long time. Boeser was lighting the lamp in the pre-season but he and Petey are getting smothered out there. Petey had 2 goals and an assist in game 1 of the season. Hasn't produced more than the odd assist since. Going to try Petey on the 2nd line to see if that helps his play. This playthrough has been though. I don't typically play on the hardest setting which is making this a real challenge. We have lost a lot of games by 1 goal. Fingers crossed we can figure it out over the next 4-5 games than try and get .500 soon. I can't seem to get close to any of the goalies to generate any good cross-crease passes or anything. Trying to pick corners on the rush is less effective. Kyrou has been sent down to Utica to join them. They were 7-2-1 last I saw so good on the Comets. 

Edited by Rush17

On 1/10/2019 at 9:53 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Nice.

Here is my team:

Kane (91) - Morenz (89) - Kurri (87)

Ogrodnick (87) - Crosby (87) - Conacher (87)

Tkachuk (86) - LaFontaine (86) - Fluery (86)

Ovechkin (86) - Malkin (86) - Kucherov (85)

Coffey (89) - Horton (90)

Howe (89) - Ristolainen (86)

Suter (86) - Doughty (85)

Murray (84)

Price (84)

Update time, I got better players finally lol.

Modano(92) Forsberg(97) Kane(91)

Forsberg(91) Mikita(94) Naslund(90)

Bailey(93) Statsny(95) Vrana(93)

Linden(89) Bennett(93) Messier(96)

Dumoulin(93) Numminen(89)

Johnson(88) Subban(89)

Pronger(92) Byfuglien(90)

Fuhr(95)

Bobrovsky (91)

On 3/25/2019 at 2:22 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Update time, I got better players finally lol.

Modano(92) Forsberg(97) Kane(91)

Forsberg(91) Mikita(94) Naslund(90)

Bailey(93) Statsny(95) Vrana(93)

Linden(89) Bennett(93) Messier(96)

Dumoulin(93) Numminen(89)

Johnson(88) Subban(89)

Pronger(92) Byfuglien(90)

Fuhr(95)

Bobrovsky (91)

That is a physical 3rd pairing lol gheez.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

My 2019 Vancouver Canucks

(17-23-9 Record) 

-10 Points from Wildcard

Pettersson - Beauvillier - Boeser

Nugent-Hopkins - Kyrou - Palat

Motte - Sutter - Virtanen

Eriksson - Eakins - Froese

Hughes - Larsson

Edler - Miller

Juolevi - Pouliot

Demko

Koskinen

My 2019 Utica Comets

Schaller - Gaudette - Boucher

Gaunce - Pyatt - Lind

Gadjovich - MacEwen - Yamamoto

Pelech - Cernak

Breezer - Biega

Sautner - Foote

Bachman

DiPietro (OHL)

The Vancouver Canucks opted to trade the majority of their veterans at the quarter mark of the regular season. The team was just on the outside of the playoff picture looking in. The kids were showing well in Utica and the GM felt it was time to bring them up.  Gaudette played 30 games at the NHL level before being sent down. Foote played 22 games netting 4 assists and a +5 rating. Foote's defensive play was stellar but his offence lacked. So the team opted to send him down for some more practice. The Canucks are believed to be in the market for a top 6 winger ideally someone to play alongside Petterson and Boeser. Yamamoto's speed has complimented Pettersson and Boeser in recent games but his production is still lacking with only 1 goal and 1 assist in 9 games. Palat remains the go-to for line changes. He has seen ice time with each player in this top 6. Kyrou is extremely dynamic and has played 25 games so far this season with the Canucks. Beauviller and Kyrou have established some strong chemistry together.

The team opted to trade Starting netminder Jacob Markstrom alongside Chris Tanev and other parts for Larsson, Yamamoto, Koskinen and Nugent-Hopkins. The Nuge has provided excellent leadership for the young group and leads the team in points with 26 PTS. Boeser is back from injury and continued to put up the goals like he had prior to his injury. Boeser now has 8 goals in his last 10 games. The Canucks currently have the third worst record in the NHL and are 13 points back of the final wildcard spot in the west. The team remains focused on attempting to reach that benchmark. If the team fails there could be some additional changes. The team could use an upgrade on right side of the teams top 4 D but the goal appears to be to fill that need via Foote or Cernak when they are ready. The top pick in this years draft is a Left Winger from Russia with immense skill.  Some fans are hopeful the team can get some luck in the draft lottery to help them fill that vital need. Brock Boeser signed his extension earlier this season for 9.5M per for 7 years. Demko is also inked for 5.5M for the next 4.

Pettersson has a mere 20 points in like 46 games to date. His production has been challenged due to having a difficulty finding a winger for him and Bo. Yamamoto looked like the right solution early on but his speed and intensity has dipped from his first few games. He could be a guy sent down in the near future.

Big times ahead in Vancouver. Stay tuned as the team tries to make a push for the playoffs. The team is 1-1-3 in their last 3 games garnering 5 points out of a possible 10.

============================================================================================================

Update: Beauvillier has jumped up to the top line we finally have a dynamic first line. We tried Beauvillier on the left wing earlier in the season but he wasn't ready for the opportunity. Since switching Pettersson to the wing he now has 2 goals in 3 games. We are now 4-1-5 in our last 10 games - Giving us 13 out of a possible 20 points. The playoff dreams are still alive! It will take consistent effort and production like this though if we even dream of having a chance down the stretch. I have opted to let the CPU take all of my shootouts. I had scored once in 43 attempts previously. I am now 1-1 in shootouts with letting the CPU do my dangles. I'm so happy about that lol. Kyrou is a PP generating machine. He gets tripped up so much which is fantastic! Our PP remains the worst in the NHL at 7.7% but we have the 5th best PK at 83.5%.

Edited by Rush17

Wow...

Just had Carolina offer me 

Buffalo 2020 3rd and Carolina 2019 4th 

For

Louis Eriksson, Adam Pelech, Vancouver 2019 5th

I got Pelech on waivers and I haven't had any interest in Eriksson by any team. Blown away. I needed that cap space. Amazing. 

IMG_20190512_174037.jpg

So about a month ago I ended up going back to the 360 to play NHL Legacy for EASHL, I really don't like NHL 19 and how it operates and plays, I feel it's a very sloppy game with no flow it's not a smooth playing game at all. There are way too many "what the heck is it doing" plays that make me not enjoy playing 19 at all the gameplay is just horrible, to me it's a completely different gameplay then last gen to the point it's just not enjoyable to play anymore.

The only thing I do on 19 now is HUT and collect my free daily pack for monthly cards, and buy any players or collectibles on the market cheap that I can resell for more coins, hence having $3.5M in coins it's been pretty easy and having a team rated 97-99. My online record in HUT is 47-26-4 so my opinion on 19 isn't based on me losing or being bad at the game or anything like that, it's just how the actual game performs and plays it's just really bad.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, drummerboy said:

No Quinn Hughes in the game?

He was in college when it was released.  EA doesn't have a relationship with the NCAA so they cannot use the likenesses of any NCAA players.

I believe he was in a roster update later on though.

On 5/31/2019 at 7:51 PM, drummerboy said:

No Quinn Hughes in the game?

Lmao I just got the free with gold version and immediatly thought the same thing. Now technically I didnt pay a dime for the game so I shouldnt be complaining, but I feel that ea sports should bepn top of this. Especially for a high profile player like Q.