The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

On 8/29/2019 at 10:28 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

My HUT team:

Giroux (99) - Sakic (99) - Modano (99)

Mikita (99) - Trottier (99) - Larkin (99)

Dionne (99) - Messier (99) - Nyquist (99)

Gartner (99) - Nieuwendyk (99) - Clarke (99)

Chelios (99) - Rielly (99)

Subban (99) - Dahlin (99)

Barrie (99) - Giordano (99)

Hiller (99)

Holy bejesus Batman, you must’ve let EA dig right through your wallet for that team. Wallet Warrior *COUGH COUGH*

My 67 OA right winger I picked 5th in the draft is on a tear in the AHL. He has 11 goals and 4 assists in 13 games. He has a 17.3% shooting percentage to boot. 

Those are some stellar stats for a med top 6 forward imo. He is on a line with Melkier Karlsson and Magnus Paajarvi. He is playing on our second line with these guys. 

I definitely have put him in a good position but I am shocked with his over PPG pace. In the USA West region prior to the call up he had 13 points in 12 games but his shooting percent was only 11.7%.

Do you guys know if a 67 overall one year is capable of jumping into the low 80s or high 70s? I'm getting the sense he might be better then the med top 6 forward label. Just curious if you guys have seen any big jumps from anyone not franchise or elite?

Edited by Rush17

On 9/11/2019 at 11:51 PM, Rush17 said:

I noticed a couple of 17 year old tenders who are in A Grade leagues in their draft year. None of them have any games but they range from the second to third round. 

Can these players be scouted or do you have to gamble on them?

My 5th overall winger in our inaugural season Cameron Leidekker has successfully transitioned to the AHL as an 18 year old rookie.  He has near a ppg pace and leads our AHL club in scoring well playing 10 fewer games then his teammates.

We also acquired a young center from Vegas who is having a phenomenal 19 year old campaign in the WHL. He has 54 points in 24 games in his draft +2 year.

Photos included

Our NHL club is 2-7-1 in our last 10 games. A broken ankle to Justin Schultz has left our team exposed without its top defender. We are attempting to hold our ground, thankfully a strong run early in the season has given us a small cushion. 

Schultz should return mid January and give us a big boost on D. It is currently Dec 27th and we are second in the central. Our AHL club is firmly out of the playoffs but the free agent signing of Filip Gustavsson has had a big impact on the club's recent success as the team is 5-1 with him in the net. Niemi unfortunately was unable to handle the starting load as his play had deteriorated. We are hopeful our AHL squad can push for a playoff spot!

removed photos

Edited by Rush17

• 2 weeks later...

Lunderstrom (Ducks prospect) has played 43 games with the big club the Seattle Silvertips. A bit of a dry spell has struck and his lack of speed is starting to be noticeable as teams gear up for the deep stretch. With recent acquisitions of Jesper Bratt and Connor Brown the team has opted to send down both Oscar Lunderstrom and Max Lajoie to the AHL to further develop their game. The GM didn't set a timeline on a potential return but stated the players know what they need to work on to get back up. The players were unavailable for comment post game vs the Capitals. 

During game 54 Alex Ovechkin scored twice tallying his 40th and 41st goal of the season. How unreal is that scoring pace???? 41 Goals in 54 freaking games lol. Guy is gonna crack 55-60. The Capitals absolutely wrecked the Silvertips 5-0. Since trading starting Goaltender Robin Lehner for Cory Schneider, Mackenzie Blackwood, and Jesper Bratt the team has lost 3 of its last 4 games. Lehner truly was a real glue guy in the crease. Schneider is putting up some good sv%'s in net but he is letting way to may rebounds out. Lehner had a way of absorbing pucks. The teams defense has been exposed like never before. The team may have to rely on backup goaltender Linus Ullmark if the team continues to struggle.

On 8/29/2019 at 10:28 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

My HUT team:

Giroux (99) - Sakic (99) - Modano (99)

Mikita (99) - Trottier (99) - Larkin (99)

Dionne (99) - Messier (99) - Nyquist (99)

Gartner (99) - Nieuwendyk (99) - Clarke (99)

Chelios (99) - Rielly (99)

Subban (99) - Dahlin (99)

Barrie (99) - Giordano (99)

Hiller (99)

I can match this!

My hut team

Ovechkin(99) - Gretzky(99) - Kucherov(99)

Matthews(99) - Lemieux(99) - P.Kane(99)

Naslund(99) - Malkin(99) - McDavid(95)

Gaborik(99) - Forsberg(99) - Pettersson(99)

Heiskanen(99) - Numminen(99)

Leetch(99) - Subban(99)

Iafrate(99) - Ekblad(99)

Roy(99)

Subs:

Linden(99), Brindamour(99), Modano(99), Nieuwendyk(99), Spezza(99), Clarke(99), Stastny(99), Messier(99), Sakic(99), Boeser(98), Pietrangelo(99), Chelios(99), MacInnis(99), Coffey(99), Pronger(99), Dahlin(99), Lehner(99)

And just for the record never spent any extra money on the game, all of this was from buying and selling on the market place throughout the year, I currently have $4.4M in coins as well to spend :bigblush: