The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

Got to play 19 last week. 40 ping is going to feel a lot better this year than in 18. Obviously the lower the ping the better, but 40+ shouldn't feel nearly as slow and delayed as 18. 

I have high hopes that 19 is the first game of this gen that finally really gets it right gameplay wise.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, jatylo said:

Will be a work in progress for me i live off the pokecheck 

First game i played i got kicked after taking 5 tripping penalties in the 1st.

lol damn that's brutal.

On 7/28/2018 at 2:19 PM, jatylo said:

Will be a work in progress for me i live off the pokecheck 

First game i played i got kicked after taking 5 tripping penalties in the 1st.

I use poking more than hitting as well. Just don't spam it and it's mostly fine. Although they should probably turn it down a tad. Games take forever to play when your opponent takes 15 penalties.

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I use poking more than hitting as well. Just don't spam it and it's mostly fine. Although they should probably turn it down a tad. Games take forever to play when your opponent takes 15 penalties.

Poking is ridiculous, I find I'll be in position and still "mispoke" lol. I'm not terrible, but tend to get one each game. Right now the penalties seem to be charging and tripping. Literally had a game where each team had 10 powerplays. 

Main problem with the beta is getting a game to work though, I've had it work once every 3 tries, which is terrible.

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

Poking is ridiculous, I find I'll be in position and still "mispoke" lol. I'm not terrible, but tend to get one each game. Right now the penalties seem to be charging and tripping. Literally had a game where each team had 10 powerplays. 

Main problem with the beta is getting a game to work though, I've had it work once every 3 tries, which is terrible.

I think accidentally getting a tripping call once or twice a game is probably a good thing. It's never going to be perfect. But yeah, the main problem I've seen are charging calls. Although I can't tell if that's just a ton of people charging each other, or just getting called for a regular hit. There's definitely a lot of guys that are charging, that's for sure. Testing out the new hitting.

45 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I think accidentally getting a tripping call once or twice a game is probably a good thing. It's never going to be perfect. But yeah, the main problem I've seen are charging calls. Although I can't tell if that's just a ton of people charging each other, or just getting called for a regular hit. There's definitely a lot of guys that are charging, that's for sure. Testing out the new hitting.

Yeah, I've never been a big hitter as a dman, because even if you land it, you're out of position when the puck magically lands on another opposition's stick.

World of Chel has potential the ones is really fun, I just really hope they didn't leave the game modes lacking. BeAGM compared to Manager mode in Fifa is laughable.

BeAGM could honestly be the best game mode out of EA's sports games but without any competition wheres the incentive to improve the game when you can cash out on loot boxes.

8 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Remember guys.. this is a Beta. I guarantee they will tone the tripping penalties down....

I hope they keep the general feel the same, as I usually prefer the betas to what they actually release.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I am hoping they will tone down the penalties, especially for tripping. I found majority of the game is spent on the power play, rather than 5-on-5.

Haha damn i played the beta yesterday and both teams combined for 20 penalties just in the 1st period :lol: !

21 hours ago, logic said:

BeAGM compared to Manager mode in Fifa is laughable.

You should see the franchise mode in MLB:The Show, makes FIFA laughable.  I like how you can click on any player and have the CPU teams propose trades, either prospects or MLB ready.  Then interested teams will submit up to 3 offers each, makes rebuilding a team fun.  Another thing I like is the top 50 prospects list and being able fire/hire scouts and managers, even 1st/3rd base coaches.  Plus it has everything else when it comes to management from Rule 5 drafts, non-waiver trade deadlines, etc.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

You should see the franchise mode in MLB:The Show, makes FIFA laughable.  I like how you can click on any player and have the CPU teams propose trades, either prospects or MLB ready.  Then interested teams will submit up to 3 offers each, makes rebuilding a team fun.  Another thing I like is the top 50 prospects list and being able fire/hire scouts and managers, even 1st/3rd base coaches.  Plus it has everything else when it comes to management from Rule 5 drafts, non-waiver trade deadlines, etc.

I have honestly never played MLB, only diehard FIFA and NHL