The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

19 hours ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Lmao they release their shotty soundtrack list but still impossible to find info on be a pro. 

I think the mode is now called "be the same pro, just like the last 8 years because nothing changes'

• Haha 1

Let me know what you all think of franchise modes new draft system. (With fog of war on)

I'm going to wait to get it on sale closer to Christmas. I bought the most expensive version last year. Totally not worth it lol. Paid over $100 think it was like $110.

• Upvote 1

On 2018-09-06 at 2:29 AM, Rush17 said:

Let me know what you all think of franchise modes new draft system. (With fog of war on)

I'm going to wait to get it on sale closer to Christmas. I bought the most expensive version last year. Totally not worth it lol. Paid over $100 think it was like $110.

By god that's crazy.

I miss games being cheaper, so I usually wait until they go on sale to get them, but it sucks for the online part of sports game because you fall behind.

15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I was thinking about picking it up later today. Any first impressions of the game?

I just quickly played a Play Now game, Canucks vs Flames.

The skating is a little different.  The physics are a little different.  I took lots of tripping penalties.  Surprised that Roussell was wearing 22.  :)

So far, so good.

3 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I just quickly played a Play Now game, Canucks vs Flames.

The skating is a little different.  The physics are a little different.  I took lots of tripping penalties.  Surprised that Roussell was wearing 22.  :)

So far, so good.

Sounds like the beta. They'll probably put out a tuner set soon.

Tried out World of Chel.

It was pretty fun, but the first game was way too easy.  It was in the Pro-Am challenge.  A three on three game where your created player is on a team with NHLers, playing against another team of NHLers.  My side won 10-1 without really trying.  I had 7 goals and 3 assists.  At times, I just had to put the puck on net and Luongo let it in.  So, fairly realistic.  :P    Once the game was well in hand, I went out of my way to take a penalty, just to see if there were penalties.  Turns out there are.  Instead of me taking a turn in the penalty box, my opponents got a penalty shot.

The only thing that was weird was I won a hockey bag full of gear for completing the pro-am challenge.  After viewing what I won I was kicked all the way out to the game's main menu.  Maybe I did something wrong, but that seemed like a glitch.