The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2018-19 Minor Signings Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Former Canuck Frankie Corrado signs with the Toronto Marlies:

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/10/frank-corrado-signs-ahl-contract-with-toronto-marlies.html

interesting as how his last tenure with the leafs turned out. But happy he has another gig to get his career back on track ironically with the organization that derailed it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Do you see a fit here or no?

edmonton worked with him and he became a decent penalty killer.

I don't know.  Maybe the worst time for this opportunity.   Seems like our bottom six is finally solid - and deep.

But I like Zack - and if it came down to Zack vs Roussel.....it'd be a tough one for me.   Zack is tougher, Zack doesn't take as many stupid penalites, he's bigger, he can throw, and I'm not sure he gives up much if anything in terms of 'upside'.....  I doubt the team will make this move  - but I might lol.  I love the idea of Gud, Zack, Schaller....don't want Gud to always have to be the guy that comes unhinged.

13 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I don't know.  Maybe the worst time for this opportunity.   Seems like our bottom six is finally solid - and deep.

But I like Zack - and if it came down to Zack vs Roussel.....it'd be a tough one for me.   Zack is tougher, Zack doesn't take as many stupid penalites, he's bigger, he can throw, and I'm not sure he gives up much if anything in terms of 'upside'.....  I doubt the team will make this move  - but I might lol.  I love the idea of Gud, Zack, Schaller....don't want Gud to always have to be the guy that comes unhinged.

I’ve thought this for a while too.

I’m not anti-roussel.  For the most part I like his game - even before he became a Canuck.  But I’ve been a bit underwhelmed so far and his turtle show definitely irritates me.  Have never respected that.

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I’ve thought this for a while too.

I’m not anti-roussel.  For the most part I like his game - even before he became a Canuck.  But I’ve been a bit underwhelmed so far and his turtle show definitely irritates me.  Have never respected that.

yeah, I like Roussel enough - he's serviceable, annoying to play against, solid enough - but if you can get value back for him at the same time as dumping a Gagner or MDZ for Zack, it would be tempting.

4 hours ago, riffraff said:

@oldnews

during the leafs jets 2nd intermission kypper stayed that zack kassian camp has received permission to seek a trade.

Can we call Sam gagner back and make this happen?:o:frantic::emot-parrot:

Are you kidding me - wtf is Edmonton thinking. Kass is exactly what they need should they make the playoffs - unlike that anchor Lucic. Man I trade for Zack in a heartbeat!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...