The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Head trauma by Daniel carcillo. Mind check. A post in memory of Rick Rypien

cuporbust

Already created another topic in sports forum , and don't care if this is deleted or moved . As canucks fans , old school and new School,  do we really stop and think about why the league is changing? Why are open ice hits not allowed like they were ? Maybe this is why. These guys are people with families that are effected far more then you are .   Merge If u want mods . I put it here cause the other forums get almost zero traffic right now. 

A guy one of the late Rick Rypien battled with struggling with the same issues. Let's get our heads out of our bottoms and realize the rule changes may save lives in the future.  

Why are you calling us selfish @$%^ks over something we have zero control over?  We don't make the rule changes nor do we play the game.  I think you need to stop being so emotional, no one wants to see a dirty hit and a player getting concussed.    Your tone in the other thread was unwarranted.

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Why are you calling us selfish @$%^ks over something we have zero control over?  We don't make the rule changes nor do we play the game.  I think you need to stop being so emotional, no one wants to see a dirty hit and a player getting concussed.    Your tone in the other thread was unwarranted.

^

@StealthNuck we lost posts from that thread too  :|

8 hours ago, oldnews said:

Sad to see Andrew Alberts there still trying to recover.

Unsuspended head shot ended his career.  Bob Hartley hockey.  Glad that guy is gone from the NHL.

Dirty hits can have consequences that last a lifetime, that cause brain damage.  The NHL is still fining people $5,000 as punishment a lot of the time.  It's disgusting and the NHLPA is just as much at fault for arguing against every big suspension.   

Archived