The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Mtl Van-Edm

Saw this chart and found it amazing how much teams must pay to move up a couple spots in the draft.

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1006184853182865408/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportsnet.ca%2Fhockey%2Fnhl%2Foften-top-10-nhl-draft-picks-traded-june%2F

Being aware of that, moving from 7 to 3 will require a big offer.  As a Canucks fan, I would do it.  My brother is a Habs fan and he said he would make the move too.

To Van- 3rd Overall- draft Zadina.

To Mtl- 7th Overall, Brandon Sutter

Why for Vancouver-  Zadina is ready for a top 6 role now, and I believe will be good for 30 goals a year after a couple years.

Why for Montreal-  Montreal needs  Centres and Defense.  They may still land Kotkaniemi at 7 (I think there is a lot of smoke and mirrors from other teams pretending they will reach for him in the top 6) but if they don't, they still land a solid Centre in Sutter and can grab one of those very talented defensemen.

To Van- Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Edm 2018 2nd

To Edm- Chris Tanev

Why for Vancouver- Nuge is a great player.  Putting him on the 2nd line with Zadina on his wing and I think there is magic.  Tanev is a great #3 defenseman and it will hurt to give him up, but we are not competing for playoffs this year anyways.  Let the young guys develop, see what we have and continue looking for talent through the draft.

Why for Edm- Edmonton has to start winning.  Chia is fighting for his job.  Nuge on the 3rd line is poor asset management and they need defense.  Seeing how they overpaid for Larsson, it shows how desperate they are to have a competent defense.  Tanev immediately solidifies that back end.  Drafting another 2nd rounder who is a couple years away does nothing to help Chia stay employed.

I know Tanev is viewed as a god on CDC and nobody would take less than Rasmus Dahlin in return, but this is probably one of the most realistic proposals I've seen in a while.

With that said, I'd rather pick a defenseman with #7, than drafting Zadina.  Especially if we add RNH, that top 6 is becoming crowded, with an even bigger hole on defense with Tanev gone.

I like the Montreal deal but not the Edmonton one. 

I'm actually not against acquiring RNH but i don't think we should have to give up a 2 with Tanev.

couple other things....how do we trade Edmonton their 2'nd rd pick?

&

in addition to Edmonton and Montreal if we could also deal with Ottawa we have to come out on top with those GMs

1 hour ago, bobby loocid dreamer said:

To Van- Ryan Nugent Hopkins

To Edm- Chris Tanev, Edm 2018 2nd

I know things are all sorts of messed up in Edmonton, but JB would be magic if he could convince them to trade Nuge to us for Tanev and there own 2nd round pick lol

Montreal is apparently in love with Kotkaniemi. He’s been a big time riser. I doubt he’s there st 7.  Sutter doesn’t address the need for a top 2 C. He’s ideally suited to be a very good 3 C.  I think the value is fine but I don’t think Montreal accepts  

Archived