The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

Yeah, letting players “season” in the minors when they’re ready to play in the NHL is the way to go.  Just ask the New Jersey Devils when they let Nico Hischier spend a few seasons in the minors.  Oh wait, they didn’t.  They played him right out of junior and he played great.  

“But we need to coddle Quinn’s fragile mind”  seriously?  He’ll be just fine. 

Edited by Pure961089

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, Ben “Both Ends” Kuzma knows a lot about these things. Unlike Hughes, it’s not just an occasional and unfortunate illness for him, but rather a lifelong affliction where “Benny Both Ends” splatters his verbal diarrhea and vomitous commentaries all over various sports media in this city.

It's almost like a race to see who in the media can ask the most dumbass question(s)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

They both only played a year of college. Since Hughes had a later birthday he was eligible for the NCAA during his draft year. If Hughes were to return, it would be his 2nd year which isn't bad at all.

That's why I think he'll turn pro but start the year in Utica. 

They both played two years of college each one year as an underager, very similar to the situation Hughes is in now. 

5 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

They both played two years of college each one year as an underager, very similar to the situation Hughes is in now. 

i edited it. realzed my mistake

I needed to know if Quinn had diarrhea and I respect Kuz for asking the tough questions no one else has the balls to ask. 

50/50 on whether he stays or goes back to college.  He has the skating to play in the NHL and it would be a treat to watch an 18yo play for the Canucks, on the other hand the NCAA can get him stronger and if this team is going to be lottery bound again it's probably best he is not around for all that losing.  Injuries are a bitch with this team, especially on the back end. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I needed to know if Quinn had diarrhea and I respect Kuz for asking the tough questions no one else has the balls to ask. 

50/50 on whether he stays or goes back to college.  He has the skating to play in the NHL and it would be a treat to watch an 18yo play for the Canucks, on the other hand the NCAA can get him stronger and if this team is going to be lottery bound again it's probably best he is not around for all that losing.  Injuries are a bitch with this team, especially on the back end. 

I like how you incorporated  "back end" into the diarrhea bit.  Well played :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

hughes is 100% turning pro.  Will be in the show or the A.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Dumbest $&!# ever. Kuz asked the question as a joke and the other reporters around him gave an audible groan. Quinn did the obvious thing and didn't even address it... and now somehow it's a story? What planet am I on. It must be bizzarro world.

My hope is he signs and gets sent to Utica. I know he doesn't want to be in the minors, but it's what is best for the team. We have 6+ rookies who are going to start in Utica and several of them will be his future teammates. Ryan Johnson said they had 69 practice days this past season. How would it be better for him to be taking basket weaving 201 rather than playing with the Comets? Signing bonus, plus AHL salary, plus playing with the group of studs he just got to know, should be all he needs to put him on a pro career trajectory.

Of course he's going to sign. Wasn't it his Dad who described going back to college as the "worst case scenario"? It's obvious that Quinn wants to turn pro. And what did JB say about it? "He'll come to camp and then we'll see..."

Can go back to college or turn pro and come to camp, but can't do both, and JB has already stated which one it's going to be. And my guess is that he plays at least 50 NHL games next season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WeneedLumme said:

Of course he's going to sign. Wasn't it his Dad who described going back to college as the "worst case scenario"? It's obvious that Quinn wants to turn pro. And what did JB say about it? "He'll come to camp and then we'll see..."

Can go back to college or turn pro and come to camp, but can't do both, and JB has already stated which one it's going to be. And my guess is that he plays at least 50 NHL games next season.

Green will be playing Hughes 20 plus minutes per game by Halloween 2018.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Green will be playing Hughes 20 plus minutes per game by Halloween 2018.  

A bit optimistic. Probably won't get up to 20 minutes per game until after Christmas. Right around the time the Calder talk starts heating up with QH and EP as neck-and-neck frontrunners.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

lol!