The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

Cup half full worst case scenario:

Quinn doesn't sign by 2019 draft day, and Jack gets picked by, say, Detroit.

Signs. 

Quinn elects to do his 3rd year at college, then as an UFA signs to play with his brother in Detroit.

Uurrgghh !!

(Paranoid much ?)

• Wat 2

On 7/29/2018 at 12:57 PM, Watchincanucks said:

You also seem to think that a team can be packed with prospects and it will do well. Of course it won't, can you name one team where that is true?

You quoted yourself to seemingly call yourself out and then ask yourself a question implying you think  yourself is a bit nuts.    Right?

Dude, whatever you are drinking I think sharing is in order.....

• Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You quoted yourself to seemingly call yourself out and then ask yourself a question implying you think  yourself is a bit nuts.    Right?

No I just did not know how to select 1 portion of a post, so I wrote it out

38 minutes ago, cory40 said:

This team has no shot at the lottery. Elias is a top tier prospect (for those against calling him a generational prospect). He instantly makes the Canucks a better team and not to forget Boeser Horvat and maybe even Jake keep getting better. Fans cry all the time about getting business people to run hockey teams, Aquillini is a very smart business man and everyone saying you have to build through the draft is right, and to a degree the Canucks have really done that, It must ruffle the feather of other teams if the Canucks are actually ahead of the curve for their rebuild. As much as I love Trevor Linden he is just a hockey player and many hockey players struggle with management roles. 

While I agree the forward core is shaping up nicely

Our defense is not the greatest currently and I was reading the other day Olli only recently started skating and wasnt even doing contact drills yet while recovering from his back injury. Seems likely to me he will start for a bit in Utica. The defence is status quo from last year. Im expecting quite a few high scoring Ls this year with no fault to the teams work ethic. Im expecting another bottom 5 finish but well see what happens.

39 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Signs. 

Quinn elects to do his 3rd year at college, then as an UFA signs to play with his brother in Detroit.

Uurrgghh !!

(Paranoid much ?)

My coworker was saying the same thing today. Cant stand the negative nancy paranoid conspiracy theories. I think Quinn will sign next year and choosing to go back to college doesnt change anything. it was the right choice imo

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

While I agree the forward core is shaping up nicely

Our defense is not the greatest currently and I was reading the other day Olli only recently started skating and wasnt even doing contact drills yet while recovering from his back injury. Seems likely to me he will start for a bit in Utica. The defence is status quo from last year. Im expecting quite a few high scoring Ls this year with no fault to the teams work ethic. Im expecting another bottom 5 finish but well see what happens.

The defense will be better than people think. Goaltending caused a lot of havic on the defense this year. The goalies let the first shot in more than any year I recall. And the games I watched this had an affect on the defensive positioning trying to prevent rather than playing their game. Expect better goaltending this year.

7 hours ago, cory40 said:

The defense will be better than people think. Goaltending caused a lot of havic on the defense this year. The goalies let the first shot in more than any year I recall. And the games I watched this had an affect on the defensive positioning trying to prevent rather than playing their game. Expect better goaltending this year.

Elias will be great, but this is still a horrible team. 

9 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Obviously that guy is so determined to troll that he doesn't look very closely at what he is trolling.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Watchincanucks said:

No I just did not know how to select 1 portion of a post, so I wrote it out

Ah, ok...it just looked like a complete mental meltdown out in public display - seen it before here but usually in the Trump thread by someone trying to out liberal another liberal poster about how more liberal they are so they hate Trump more and it escalates and you can smell the brain oozing from each of them until one poster melts down.

5 hours ago, Maketherightmove said:

Elias will be great, but this is still a horrible team

I hope you are prepared to eat those words if we are  still in playoff contention in March....

That is what I see happening...

We were a playoff team in December last year and we won 8 of our last 10 games of the year.

This year we will be better by a wide margin as long as we don't have a massive injury list....!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Googlie said:

Signs. 

Uurrgghh !!

(Paranoid much ?)

How about a CUP half full! Quinn plays his college season and signs with the Canucks in late March. Jack goes to watch him as the Canucks take their final eastern road swing. SO impressed Jack lts it be known at the Vancouver DRAFT that he will only accept being drafted by Vancouver. Any other team that takes him will be faced with him waiting out his eligibility. Canucks end up with both Hughes bros! Vancouver cements the Team USA North moniker.