The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

WWow

I like this approach!

I believe he could probably play now? But he can also have a great time in college, play WJC"S, as above with his brother!

And so respectful to both let the player choose, mention the Comets as well so its not guaranteed.  All fair! My own personal wish is to see him after the NCAA season finishes next year. Like Gaudette & Boeser...

Transparent, and in the players corner! Good job JB! 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Nooks said:

jv18-race.gif

Nice video. It reminds me that that this is the second time Benning has taken the best skater in the draft -- first Virtanen, now Hughes. The difference is that Hughes has a much more complete game and higher hockey IQ. I am not trying to dump on Virtanen -- he established himself as a legitimate NHL player at a 4th line last year and I hope he can take a further step this year. But I had reservations about him at the draft given the guys still on the board.

Hughes, on the other hand, looks clearly like the BPA at 7 overall. And, while everyone says that Dahlin is a "generational" talent on D, it is not a lock that he will necessarily be better than Hughes. He probably will be, but Hughes could make it close.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I like this approach!

I believe he could probably play now? But he can also have a great time in college, play WJC"S, as above with his brother!

And so respectful to both let the player choose, mention the Comets as well so its not guaranteed.  All fair! My own personal wish is to see him after the NCAA season finishes next year. Like Gaudette & Boeser...

I think he will turn pro and make Vancouver with his great speed and skating and high  hockey IQ..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kloubek said:

What... 175 and growing?  That's not tiny.  He'll be 185 in a year or two max.  Maybe top out around 190, 195.  No, he's never going to be a bruising player, but that's not his game anyway and his game lends itself to keeping it away from the opposition - which means keeping himself away from others.

He is already at the weight many said EP would need to get too to play here.

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I like this approach!

I would love to see Hughes on the Canucks next year, or even in Utica. But it is probably better if he goes back to Michigan for a year. He probably has a shot at the Hobey Award (be nice for the Canucks to have two winners in a row), it would be fun for him to play with his brother, and he can continue to mature, playing big minutes in all situations (and being on the US WJC team).

And I don't want him to struggle playing on a Canuck team that is still not that good while he is still physically maybe not ready for the NHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Canorth said:

F'n hilarious... first response from these D bags  was "Risk of losing him in 4 years... cause college"...

Ffs.......

Eastern media hate us because they are jealous of our climate.  Well, we hate them!  Who in the hell retires to 

Toronto?  :lol::lol::lol:

take that Leafs.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sorry, did I Sutter? said:

Happy with this pick. I was kinda leaning to Bouchard, but if we took Makar last year I would have been stoked. Hughes is tracking better in the NCAA then Makar and is younger. 

Looking in hindsight now, what if Makar had been on the board?  Having the 5th pick ended up being a blessing, as we scored an amazing forward and now got what could well be a better dman than Makar.  Dare we seek a trifecta next year on home turf with a lotto win at long last?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Canorth said:

F'n hilarious... first response from these D bags  was "Risk of losing him in 4 years... cause college"...

Ffs.......

Brian Burke............shows why Calgary has made so many questionable moves in recent years. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Ffs.......

Ya I couldn't believe that hate. Ridiculous..