Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

2 minutes ago, Doubt Tea said:

jack hughes still 1st OA. real character player 

But Kakko was a clutch player. 

Premium position goes to......Jack Hughes is still #1. I do think it’s really close and Kakko may even end up the better player but Hughes plays the more important position.

13 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Quinn and EP are going to be a real treat

Hell yah!. Everyone sees Vancouver as an inferior team, they don't know the half of it.  Hughes on the blue line, Boes and EP40 on the one timer. We have a lot of building to do and it is going a lot smoother than Calagary, Toronto, Edmonton.

4 minutes ago, Schneider.Man604 said:

Hell yah!. Everyone sees Vancouver as an inferior team, they don't know the half of it.  Hughes on the blue line, Boes and EP40 on the one timer. We have a lot of building to do and it is going a lot smoother than Calagary, Toronto, Edmonton.

we are like our 5th year into the rebuild and no where being a contender while the first 2 teams you named are already contenders. Edmonton have two of the best players in the game but just cant win. So i dunno how you can say our rebuild is smoother, shorter or better... 

Quinn didnt dominate like most said he would , Jack was pretty much exactly as advertised.  

• Hydration 1

50 minutes ago, Canuck7071 said:

Coming out of the World Juniors.

Both of them... 

It should be the same. The WJC is relatively meaningless for player evaluation.

Players can ride an individual hot streak and/or catch instant chemistry while other lines struggle to gain it.

Quinn Hughes remains the same in my eyes. High risk, high reward. He's got this dynamic skating and puck moving ability that no one else seems to have. He's like a budget patrick kane anchoring a rush. He's small as hell and has an unorthodox way of defending. The way he plays defense reminds me of Matt Bartkowski. Whether that will end up being effective at the NHL level is to be seen. But man oh man is he ever exciting when he is on his game. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Tom Sestito said:

It should be the same. The WJC is relatively meaningless for player evaluation.

Players can ride an individual hot streak and/or catch instant chemistry while other lines struggle to gain it.

Quinn Hughes remains the same in my eyes. High risk, high reward. He's got this dynamic skating and puck moving ability that no one else seems to have. He's like a budget patrick kane anchoring a rush. He's small as hell and has an unorthodox way of defending. The way he plays defense reminds me of Matt Bartkowski. Whether that will end up being effective at the NHL level is to be seen. But man oh man is he ever exciting when he is on his game. 

Totally curious... where's this comparison coming from?

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Totally curious... where's this comparison coming from?

I just think he plays a passive style. He lets people coast past him and chooses to survey. He doesn't really want to get in front of the play defensively. 

I don't think it's a big issue. If he is a slightly below average defensive player, while offering elite offensive talent, he is going to be a net positive.

The real questions for me lie on if the offensive skill translates. It's hard to call at this point. The pick was definitely worth the risk IMO. 

I should clarify - when I say "the way he plays defense reminds me of bartkowski", I'm strictly referring to the way he defends. That completely ignores every aspect of his offensive game. Bartkowski had no offensive talent. 

Edited by Tom Sestito
  • Upvote 1

Up.

boqvist, zadina, dobson, whalstrom, Barrett hayton, stock all went down,   

give me a redraft hughes go into the top 5.

like after the last 2 weeks do you clowns want someone else other then Hughes?  I refuse to believe that.  Don’t forget he’s still riding a poInt streak in his college season so far.

if you guys have the balls, tell me who you rather have at 7 if your given a chance at a redraft.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

we are like our 5th year into the rebuild and no where being a contender while the first 2 teams you named are already contenders. Edmonton have two of the best players in the game but just cant win. So i dunno how you can say our rebuild is smoother, shorter or better... 

Calgary is a pretender not a contender. 

We are 2-1 against them this year and Calgary's only win came after we blew a lead with some crappy calls by the refs going against us. 

We played awful against TO and were still in it after 2 periods. 

That game would look a lot different with EP in and Quinn in over Pouliot. 

When it became 3-0, canucks abandoned their strategy and opened up the game which made it look a lot worse than it was. 

14 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Up.

like after the last 2 weeks do you clowns want someone else other then Hughes?  I refuse to believe that.  Don’t forget he’s still riding a poInt streak in his college season so far.

if you guys have the balls, tell me who you rather have at 7 if your given a chance at a redraft.

Lol wow... Aggressive much. Lay off the roids bro.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

really oilers are in yr 15 of rebuild had 6 first overals and suck mcdavid and draisatl are good but rest of team is trash notice they are no where near playiffs again this yr

2 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

You may be right about Juolevi but it sure wouldn't hurt him to get some games in the NHL and realize what he needs to work on. I also hope we can have Edler and tanev next year, but Id like to see an Edler sign and trade and if a good price is offered for Tanev then you may have to take it.

I'd only trade Edler if we know he's coming back honestly. He's earned the right to retire here and he's our best D. Can't have all our young guys coming up in a system with absolutely no one to show them the ropes. That's why I want tanev and Edler back for a few more years. 

I love guddy, Hutton and Stecher but they are not top 4 d-men, we need some top notch vets leading by example if we want to be an actual contender. That being said....if we can lure someone from free agency that can fill that role then that's an option too. 

Just my opinion, JB will make the right moves. Lots of faith in that fella.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Up.

Boqvist had double the points as Q. Hughes in two less games than Hughes’ five. Why then would you claim that his stock went down while Hughes’ went up after the tournament? How do you quantify your claim? Your feelz? 

I disagree with your opinion of those players’ stock, whatever, but still wonder on what you base your claims on? 

Want balls, call Sutter, but if I were to get a redo at the #7 pick, it wouldn’t be Mighty Mouse Hughes, it would be Bouchard, Dobson and then Wahlstrom and maybe even Boqvist, not Hughes. 

Why?

Because an NHL Dman has to defend against NHL forwards, not college kids. I don’t wish to bet against our best prospect, but size matters and playing defence matters even more, for a Dman. Hughes might be a Jonny Hockey with the puck, but he’s also like him without it, from what I saw. That’s not what I’d rebuild with, but I’m not a high risk/reward kind of guy. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

If Benning says hes a homerun pick, then im gonna agree with him. Hes been hitting on a bunch of these propects as of late too