The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Jesus people, who cares about Benning's hair? We just had Quinn f'ing Hughes fall to us! 

People need to criticize something and the it was too tough to criticize the pick?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Jesus people, who cares about Benning's hair? We just had Quinn f'ing Hughes fall to us! 

And like, those eyebrows.  Didn't you see?

This has been a day long awaited for this franchise, getting a defenceman of this calibre.  He was the ideal pick and the right player for this team.

2 minutes ago, BCNate said:

How does Hughes compare to Makar interms of potential?  Who would you rather have?

I think Hughes, further ahead in development and he's younger. Time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, BCNate said:

How does Hughes compare to Makar interms of potential?  Who would you rather have?

Don't quote me on it, but I believe they were saying earlier in the thread that Hughes had a better season than Makar in the NCAA...so even with a year ahead in development, Hughes is still better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is a great video package with examples of his passing, skating and shooting.  Button practically pees his pants over some of the plays.  For the older guys here....doesnt this look like a new improved Phil Housley (who was of the same build and very similar strengths)

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

To those thinking he may want to play with his brother and not sign with us , I'd say there is a better chance whoever takes jack should be worried not us . Jack has already been recruited :) He is already a canuck

20180622_224622.jpg

Anyone know much about little brother Luke? He’s like 14 (kid on the right in the photo), plays D, and has already been recruited to U of Michigan for 2021-22. Definitely wouldn’t bet against those bloodlines.

EDIT: Did a little snooping on the web and found that the brothers agree Jack is the most talented (although when questioned on his own, Jack says Quinn is better—as a good brother would), but Luke may be the best skater of the bunch (if you can even imagine a guy who skates better than Quinn). Also some reports that Luke’s game is a carbon copy of his oldest brother’s. These kids may be the next set of brothers since the Staals to have three picked in the first round.

So I’m calling it now: I want all the Hughes boys. Jack in 2019 and Luke in 2021.

Oh, and here’s a look at Luke:

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

Isn't this guy Lockwood's teammate?

Which means Canucks management and scouts will have seen a lot of him, while checking out Lockwood.

They will definitely know what they are getting....

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Anyone know much about little brother Luke? He’s like 14 (kid on the right in the photo), plays D, and has already been recruited to U of Michigan for 2021-22. Definitely wouldn’t bet against those bloodlines.

I dono man they all have moles. Something is up with their genetics.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wow.   I had no concept if him falling this far to Vancouver.   I honestly think he could be the best player out of this entire draft including Dahlin.    I am tired, been up since 6 AM my time yesterday but am currently very pumped that Canes got the best forward and Canucks may have the best Dman.   

Quinn is likely a year away but I would not be shocked if he made it out of camp either - his WHC showing was impressive and he did not look out of place.   He has an edge and will become the league's next Ryan Ellis in my mind.

Wow, I am so surprised.    I think short of winning the entire lottery and taking Dahlin, this may have been Benning's pick at 2.    

Shocked and very happy for the Canuck organization.   

when Svechnikov was picked, and they started talking about people talking about lying about his age, hahahaha, he looks like a fully grown man, and then he started talking at his draft interview and he sounded like a 28 year old man ahahahahha 

Love how is brothers talk about him here... super skilled.. super great person. He definitely had an influence on why Jack is such a stud IMO

Jack also says he knows that Quinn wanted to get picked by Van, hockey market, etc.. seems like the type to relish under pressure. It will be interesting as I'm sure a lot of people are counting him out based on size. 

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/draft--hughes-brothers/t-277437438/c-60656903 

• Cheers 2

This kid will be a stud go watch his wc recently playing along and against nhl players.. does not look out of place at all.. who cares if he’s small there’s lots of small defencemen in the league and they made it work for them. This kid can skate and he can move the puck something we desperately need. Those are harder to find then a stay at home defensemen that have no offence capability beside we have Tanev for that already and gudbranson too

• Upvote 3