Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

Recommended Posts

Has it been confirmed by his camp that he wants to even turn pro after his team gets eliminated from a playoff birth? The kid is unreal and has already played with the big boys of team usa id love to see him come sign in march but who knows maybe hes not ready to jump to pro and wants to finish schhool? Man the spark he would give us down the stretch for our pp would be crazy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Has it been confirmed by his camp that he wants to even turn pro after his team gets eliminated from a playoff birth? The kid is unreal and has already played with the big boys of team usa id love to see him come sign in march but who knows maybe hes not ready to jump to pro and wants to finish schhool? Man the spark he would give us down the stretch for our pp would be crazy 

Quinn, himself, said in a radio interview his plan was to turn pro after this college season.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Quinn, himself, said in a radio interview his plan was to turn pro after this college season.  

Excited for this then i really thought his parents were gonna try to get him to stay in college which i was afraid off 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Excited for this then i really thought his parents were gonna try to get him to stay in college which i was afraid off 

Not sure why his parents would try to convince him to delay getting played millions of dollars in a notoriously short/high risk of injury career...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Has it been confirmed by his camp that he wants to even turn pro after his team gets eliminated from a playoff birth?

Pretty much since last summer, and affirmed ever since.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

The difference is. In Quinn first full season he will likely put up more points that pouliot has in his last 5 years combined. With Offensive minded D you take the bad with the good. And Unfortunately for pouliot there is no good, just bad. 

I understand that completely, I think some posters might think I was slamming Hughes, but it is quite the opposite.

 

I don't want people to give him the pouliot treatment because he is an offensive defenseman and mistakes will be made.

 

He will be a rookie, that doesnt stop some people from tearing our guys apart sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Has it been confirmed by his camp that he wants to even turn pro after his team gets eliminated from a playoff birth? The kid is unreal and has already played with the big boys of team usa id love to see him come sign in march but who knows maybe hes not ready to jump to pro and wants to finish schhool? Man the spark he would give us down the stretch for our pp would be crazy 

Sign him immediately and figure out that expansion draft later.  

 

Playing around with college picks is not recommended.  His bro is going to get picked elsewhere, push Quinn off and he could just decide to join his brothers team in 2 years as s college FA.  

 

Woo is not in the plans for next season and would still have to return to JR.  We will continue to draft usable players and replacing a Hutton at this point wont be hard.  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Sign him immediately and figure out that expansion draft later.  

 

Playing around with college picks is not recommended.  His bro is going to get picked elsewhere, push Quinn off and he could just decide to join his brothers team in 2 years as s college FA.  

 

Woo is not in the plans for next season and would still have to return to JR.  We will continue to draft usable players and replacing a Hutton at this point wont be hard.  

Who wants to replace Hutton...?

 

Hutton and Stecher have made the greatest gains this year and are now solid second pairing D.

 

Pooalot is the guy moving along for sure and I would rather trade Edler or Tanev for good return than lose Hutton or Stecher for a late round pick or such.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Excited for this then i really thought his parents were gonna try to get him to stay in college which i was afraid off 

His dad used to be a player development coach for the Leafs, so he is getting good advice about the different paths he can take, and was probably even told that the AHL was a good option. However with Quinn's skillset and IQ, he probably wont see time there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Who wants to replace Hutton...?

 

Hutton and Stecher have made the greatest gains this year and are now solid second pairing D.

 

Pooalot is the guy moving along for sure and I would rather trade Edler or Tanev for good return than lose Hutton or Stecher for a late round pick or such.

The only way I see Hutton gone is if Juolevi is ready to be sheltered for a 3rd pairing role. Unless of course Travis is willing to put one of the LD into RD. Quinn has previously said he's comfortable in the RD as well but it'll be up to the coaching staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Sign him immediately and figure out that expansion draft later.  

 

Playing around with college picks is not recommended.  His bro is going to get picked elsewhere, push Quinn off and he could just decide to join his brothers team in 2 years as s college FA.  

 

Woo is not in the plans for next season and would still have to return to JR.  We will continue to draft usable players and replacing a Hutton at this point wont be hard.  

"Replacing a hutton wouldnt be that hard."> Why the hell would you? Hes progressing perfectly.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, westcoastsniper said:

The only way I see Hutton gone is if Juolevi is ready to be sheltered for a 3rd pairing role. Unless of course Travis is willing to put one of the LD into RD. Quinn has previously said he's comfortable in the RD as well but it'll be up to the coaching staff.

Joulevi will be ready at some point next year but I would still rather see Pooalot gone instead of Hutton ...I am hoping they can convince Edler to waive his NTC under the promise to sign him back for 3 more years in the summer....we could get a second round pick and a prospect or maybe even a first round pick.

 

Hutton / Hughes

Edler / Tanev 

Joulevi / Stecher 

Guddy

 

  We could even trade both Edler and Tanev at the TDL and end up with some great picks at the draft!!...of course we only trade both if we go on a nosedive from here...but we could trade Edler anyway and have Hughes come in to replace him after after his college season and/or call up Brisebois or whichever Utica D. is going good at the time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Provided everything goes according to plan and that the are no drastic changes, I foresee this defensive lineup next season:

 

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

Hughes-Gudbranson

Pouliot/Sautner-Biega

 

Juolevi should continue to marinate in the minors with Chatfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, therodigy said:

Provided everything goes according to plan and that the are no drastic changes, I foresee this defensive lineup next season:

 

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

Hughes-Gudbranson

Pouliot/Sautner-Biega

 

Juolevi should continue to marinate in the minors with Chatfield

Personally I am expecting OJ to be better next season than any of the three on your 4th pairing, and there's a decent chance one of Edler or Tanev is gone, but we'll just have to wait and see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, therodigy said:

Provided everything goes according to plan and that the are no drastic changes, I foresee this defensive lineup next season:

 

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

Hughes-Gudbranson

Pouliot/Sautner-Biega

 

Juolevi should continue to marinate in the minors with Chatfield

IMO if the Canucks go into next year with that D they have failed in the summer. That is almost the same crap D we have this year. More changes are needed than simply bringing Q Hughes up imo.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Personally I am expecting OJ to be better next season than any of the three on your 4th pairing, and there's a decent chance one of Edler or Tanev is gone, but we'll just have to wait and see. 

Does OJ no good to sit in the press box on the '4th pairing’. It's not about him being better or not.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Excited for this then i really thought his parents were gonna try to get him to stay in college which i was afraid off 

Overthinking much? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:55 AM, alfstonker said:

I really am amazed at how many think Hughes will just walk into the team. I have big reservations on that and would prefer to see him help Utica if he is eligible and they are in the playoffs. There is no need to hurry him.

I understand where your coming from, But we have a new crop of young talent that has been breaking the rules of traditional Canuck draft picks. Hughes is the real deal. Some players you wonder if it will translate and other you just know. Just like EP everyone who followed him knew he was NHL ready except a few fans who think its amazing when good or exceptional hockey players are expected to succeed! He went back to college so he was not rushed!

 

17 hours ago, aGENT said:

Not sure why his parents would try to convince him to delay getting played millions of dollars in a notoriously short/high risk of injury career...

Yeh its usually players who need to develop take this route and become sought after!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, aGENT said:

Not sure why his parents would try to convince him to delay getting played millions of dollars in a notoriously short/high risk of injury career...

I mean, you pretty much exactly answered why a person would get an education considering the risks of playing hockey and how short a career could be. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, therodigy said:

Provided everything goes according to plan and that the are no drastic changes, I foresee this defensive lineup next season:

 

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

Hughes-Gudbranson

Pouliot/Sautner-Biega

 

Juolevi should continue to marinate in the minors with Chatfield

I think Benning wants to trade Edler if he can and then hopefully resign him. I see no reason for POuliot to be back next and I think Tanev or Guddy will be traded this deadline/offseason as well. I think our D lineup needs a shakeup and could end up looking roughly like this.

 

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Myers

Juolevi-Biega

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.