Recommended Posts

Just seen the Weasel giving a long "state of the NHL" type of address...the whole time sitting on the edge of his chair....ready to run at the slightest provocation no doubt!

 

U bett man is trying to sell no work stoppage and brotherly love and Vegas/Seattle....I will believe it when I see it.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I mean, you pretty much exactly answered why a person would get an education considering the risks of playing hockey and how short a career could be. 

If he has a career ending injury at 23, I'm pretty sure he can go back to school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I mean, you pretty much exactly answered why a person would get an education considering the risks of playing hockey and how short a career could be. 

How is your arithmetic? How many years do you think the average university graduate would need to work to earn the money an average NHL player makes in a year? Try thinking about it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I think Benning wants to trade Edler if he can and then hopefully resign him. I see no reason for POuliot to be back next and I think Tanev or Guddy will be traded this deadline/offseason as well. I think our D lineup needs a shakeup and could end up looking roughly like this.

 

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Myers

Juolevi-Biega

In an ideal world, Edler does a sign and trade and we trade out Guddy for pieces. JB has always seemed to be high on Myers so wouldn't be surprised if he is acquired. If there was a way, I wouldn't mind trying to pry Philippe Myers from Philly for some RHD depth, but I'm ok with Stecher I'm the top 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 2:55 AM, alfstonker said:

I really am amazed at how many think Hughes will just walk into the team. I have big reservations on that and would prefer to see him help Utica if he is eligible and they are in the playoffs. There is no need to hurry him.

Curious. Do you think he could be worse then Pouliot? He is a risk reward type player and he will give up the puck plenty during his time, but he is also going to be playing with Pettersson. You put those 2 on the ice and there is going to be magic on a game to game basis. The way he can pivot with the puck and leave players in his wake will be amplified in the NHL, where everyone is where they're supposed to be on the ice. Did Boeser need to see any time in the AHL? We're looking at the same thing with Hughes. He's just that good and he'll adapt to the game quickly the way he did in the world championship with the US last year.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Curious. Do you think he could be worse then Pouliot? He is a risk reward type player and he will give up the puck plenty during his time, but he is also going to be playing with Pettersson. You put those 2 on the ice and there is going to be magic on a game to game basis. The way he can pivot with the puck and leave players in his wake will be amplified in the NHL, where everyone is where they're supposed to be on the ice. Did Boeser need to see any time in the AHL? We're looking at the same thing with Hughes. He's just that good and he'll adapt to the game quickly the way he did in the world championship with the US last year.

I hope you're right.. it might be a bit different as a d man, but yeah I doubt he'll be worse than Derek Poolander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

How is your arithmetic? How many years do you think the average university graduate would need to work to earn the money an average NHL player makes in a year? Try thinking about it.

Not to mention, one entry level contract could like... I dunno.... pay for that degree... :rolleyes:

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Not to mention, one entry level contract could like... I dunno.... pay for that degree... :rolleyes:

With enough left over to buy a home. Lol.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

With enough left over to buy a home. Lol.

Man, why couldn't I have been a child prodigy in hockey.... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Sign him immediately and figure out that expansion draft later.  

 

Playing around with college picks is not recommended.  His bro is going to get picked elsewhere, push Quinn off and he could just decide to join his brothers team in 2 years as s college FA.  

 

Woo is not in the plans for next season and would still have to return to JR.  We will continue to draft usable players and replacing a Hutton at this point wont be hard.  

Much harder than you think, Hutton has become our best defenceman for escaping our own zone. In my opinion, of all our D’s, Hutton probably has the highest trade value now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Curious. Do you think he could be worse then Pouliot? He is a risk reward type player and he will give up the puck plenty during his time, but he is also going to be playing with Pettersson. You put those 2 on the ice and there is going to be magic on a game to game basis. The way he can pivot with the puck and leave players in his wake will be amplified in the NHL, where everyone is where they're supposed to be on the ice. Did Boeser need to see any time in the AHL? We're looking at the same thing with Hughes. He's just that good and he'll adapt to the game quickly the way he did in the world championship with the US last year.

Hughes provides the possibility of considerable offence to offset against the risk inherent in his style, Pouliot does not.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Much harder than you think, Hutton has become our best defenceman for escaping our own zone. In my opinion, of all our D’s, Hutton probably has the highest trade value now.

Hutton went from being so bad he was un tradable last year, to being an almost untouchable this year. I think we should keep him, but if he’s dealt at least we will get fair value now. 

Edited by messier's_elbow
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I think Benning wants to trade Edler if he can and then hopefully resign him. I see no reason for POuliot to be back next and I think Tanev or Guddy will be traded this deadline/offseason as well. I think our D lineup needs a shakeup and could end up looking roughly like this.

 

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Myers

Juolevi-Biega

I don't believe this is true unless we are out of a playoff spot at the trade deadline.  No way Edler or Tanev get traded if we are in the playoff mix...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Much harder than you think, Hutton has become our best defenceman for escaping our own zone. In my opinion, of all our D’s, Hutton probably has the highest trade value now.

It's a low bar Ray.  Glad Hutton has high trade value, trade him.  We need to fix the defence and other than re signing Edler (trade him and the re sign him, but re signing Edler should be a priority IMO).  IMO Guddy is not string enough to keep Pouliot out of danger.  Guddy needs a stronger d partner and 

 

This defence is holding the team back and Edler is our best d man.  Our defence needs a do over.  Not easy and OJ's injury and Trymakin not being here has hindered the change over.  

 

If the right d man is there at the TDL or in the off season, sign, trade or draft him.  The guys we have aren't enough  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't believe this is true unless we are out of a playoff spot at the trade deadline.  No way Edler or Tanev get traded if we are in the playoff mix...

I don't think playoffs, in or out, remotely factor in to the decision.

 

That both the team and he, likely want to have him back, and for good reason, are why he'll be back (and likely not traded... though it would be great to have our cake and eat it too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Curious. Do you think he could be worse then Pouliot? He is a risk reward type player and he will give up the puck plenty during his time, but he is also going to be playing with Pettersson. You put those 2 on the ice and there is going to be magic on a game to game basis. The way he can pivot with the puck and leave players in his wake will be amplified in the NHL, where everyone is where they're supposed to be on the ice. Did Boeser need to see any time in the AHL? We're looking at the same thing with Hughes. He's just that good and he'll adapt to the game quickly the way he did in the world championship with the US last year.

Same with Stetcher...granted he was a year or so older than Quinn...but he is nowhere near as talented or fast as Quinn...and Stecher walked right onto the team...just like I said he would.

Quinn will walk on to the team, make some Pooalot type mistakes...but make some Coffey type plays as well....by mid season the Pooalot plays will not be noticed due to all the Coffey type plays.

 

Just watch....!

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

 

 

It's a low bar Ray.  Glad Hutton has high trade value, trade him.  We need to fix the defence and other than re signing Edler (trade him and the re sign him, but re signing Edler should be a priority IMO).  IMO Guddy is not string enough to keep Pouliot out of danger.  Guddy needs a stronger d partner and 

 

This defence is holding the team back and Edler is our best d man.  Our defence needs a do over.  Not easy and OJ's injury and Trymakin not being here has hindered the change over.  

 

If the right d man is there at the TDL or in the off season, sign, trade or draft him.  The guys we have aren't enough  

In our last game, where we were highly pressured by an aggressive forecheck, our only D’s able to effectively escape our own zone were Hutton and Stetcher.  Pouliot and Gudbranson were a disaster, but Edler and Tanev were ineffective with regard to escaping our zone with possession.  The league has changed to a much faster paced game, and Benning’s recent draft choices reflect that - Hughes, Rathbone, Juolevi, and Woo.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

In our last game, where we were highly pressured by an aggressive forecheck, our only D’s able to effectively escape our own zone were Hutton and Stetcher.  Pouliot and Gudbranson were a disaster, but Edler and Tanev were ineffective with regard to escaping our zone with possession.  The league has changed to a much faster paced game, and Benning’s recent draft choices reflect that - Hughes, Rathbone, Juolevi, and Woo.  

Yes, but that's one game.  I dont like Guddy with Pouliot, but think he does really decent with Edler and better with Hutton.  

 

Edler and Tanev aren't great together, but they take on a higher Qualcomm too.  

 

Hutton is okay, but not our best guy.  IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quinn Hughes with a reaaallly baaaaddddd game tonight. If anyone is interested to see some of the few things he needs to work magnified into one game I think there might be a play by play up soon. Not sure though.

 

Heres to bouncing back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.