The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

On 2/3/2019 at 10:00 PM, Horvat is a Boss said:

I've been thinking Juolevi's style would work better with Pettersson on PP1 than Hughes' as well. Juolevi can dish effectively and open up space for Pettersson on one side or Boeser on the other. He's also got a good wrister from the point and can pick a spot if the goalie is screened. Hughes would have free reign to do whatever he wants on PP2. 

I’m thinking a PP of Juolevi (or Hutton) on point, Boeser, Pettersson, Horvat, and Hughes as rover - with his skating, constantly repositioning and forcing the forward defenders to play deeper or drive them deeper, or moving in and out of deep slot to bump and to relay - kind of the deep slot plat Gagner used to earn his dough.  When Hughes drops back out let Horvat curl out from beside the net to front to screen.  Right now, our PP is way too static and predictable.

• Cheers 1

On 2/4/2019 at 4:45 AM, khay said:

It will be a major upgrade and I think EP's scoring rate will increase as a result. What Pouliot does from time to time (once every 5 games) on the offensive side, Hughes does every game.

I know that Gudbranson has a poor stat when it comes to +/-, but he brings an element of the game that can compliment Hughes game and his numbers may improve playing with Hughes as well.

The whole teams scoring rate would increase.  Having a defender that can actually transition the puck and contribute on offence has been a black hole on this team for 4 years.  

Hey seasons end we will have 1 guy that can do that.  By next year 2 and the year after that 3.  

On 2/3/2019 at 12:10 PM, Comeback_Kings said:

I think fans can imagine Hughes stepping right into Pouliot's spot.  Pouliot/Gudbranson often get paired with Petey's line.  It'll be fun to see Hughes and Pettersson on the ice at the same time.  

I think fans don't realize how tough being an NHL dman actually is.

49 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think fans don't realize how tough being an NHL dman actually is.

They don't but it's likely he does step in. Im really interested to see his defensive game against pros lol, who knows he might simplify big time or could throw the puck away like a mad man and end up watching from the press box.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:30 PM, Westcoasting said:

Problem is that Virtanen doesn't drive the net.

Debatable now, but give him a couple more years to develop the mental toughness to not second guess net charges. I think he's still a little hesitant? self conscious? However at times, you can see his potential. 3on3 he makes me drool.

Sorry. Back to Quinn.. 

6 hours ago, Western Red said:

Debatable now, but give him a couple more years to develop the mental toughness to not second guess net charges. I think he's still a little hesitant? self conscious? However at times, you can see his potential. 3on3 he makes me drool.

Sorry. Back to Quinn.. 

3 on 3..........Quinn, Virtanen and the Alien.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tystick said:

Edler - Tanev

Hughes - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Looks good to me.

Keep the dream alive!...

Edler, Karlsson

Hughes, Stecher

Brisebois/UFA, Gudbranson

Hutton traded/packaged for top 6 LW ::D

Edited by aGENT