On 12/28/2018 at 1:06 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

And you know me how?     Remind me by PM who you actually are.

I usually quite enjoy your posts compared to most of the rubbish on these boards. I was just surprised that you decided to be crude. No big deal.

53 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

The current list is changed in the Canucks favour comparing to the one of Feb 12 posted on the previous page - two more Canucks prospects ( Juolevi and Woo) are included in the list with Quinn Hughes still in the first place.

Sure would be nice to get a right shot D from that list. Only ones I see that could even potentially be available from a contender are Wilde and Addison.

Sutter for Addison?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Sure would be nice to get a right shot D from that list. Only ones I see that could even potentially be available from a contender are Wilde and Addison.

Sutter for Addison?

Woo?

33 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Woo?

haha well I guess I mean besides Woo. I think Woo has the potential to be a #1 defensemen for us, but it sure would be nice to at least have one more quality RD prospect.

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha well I guess I mean besides Woo. I think Woo has the potential to be a #1 defensemen for us, but it sure would be nice to at least have one more quality RD prospect.

A #1?! Slooooow down there. Lol im definitely seeing some top4 upside which is awesome.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Can’t wait to see this kid 

Yeah it's not long away now, anticipation is building! I really hope he blows me away like Elias has :)

Well I did say potential. He was very young for his draft with good size, skating ability, tough style of play and his offensive ability, its not a huge stretch to imagine him developing into a number 1 that plays all situation and dominates opponents.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Sutter for Addison?

Dante Fabbro would be my choice, and a local boy to boot.  Perfect...

• Hydration 1

6 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Depth.  Woo wont have any pressure on him to do anything more than play.  Hughes will take the pressure and he is the one everyone will expect things from. 

OJ can play under the radar too, something I think would.be good for him  

Luckily Hughes has a much bigger personality than his frame and I think he will handle things fairly well.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Depth.  Woo wont have any pressure on him to do anything more than play.  Hughes will take the pressure and he is the one everyone will expect things from. 

OJ can play under the radar too, something I think would.be good for him  

Luckily Hughes has a much bigger personality than his frame and I think he will handle things fairly well.  

Hughes to Petty, Petty to the Flow.  He shoots, he scores.  A tick, tac, toe play. 

These chess players are better than the checker players.

Edited by stanleysteamersmyl
Addition
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I imagine how lethal our OT unit will be. We may never enter another shootout again lol

Pettersson - Boeser

Hughes

Hughes will provide our boys with more "offensive zone time" like what Ehrhoff did for 2 years he was here.  Hoping Juolevi can provide some depth too.  HIs offensive game was going well before his injury.

Jim Bennings interview at the draft last year after he got Quinn Hughes is priceless. “Over the moon” were his words. I hope he becomes the number one defenceman we’ve been waiting for.

I’m looking forward to see what he can do at the nhl level. I was in Brooklyn for the Canucks and islanders in November. What stood out to me was how good Matthew Barzal is, his skating and hockey I.Q., is amazing. He is a fantastic player to watch. I hope Quinn Hughes can do the same or better.

Answer honestly:

Would you rather have Pettersson & Q. Hughes, or Eichel & Dahlin? 

5 minutes ago, nergish said:

Answer honestly:

Would you rather have Pettersson & Q. Hughes, or Eichel & Dahlin? 

Eichel + Dahlin, but only because Dahlin could become an absolute superstar that drives his team to a cup. Q Hughes could be great in the future but theres far more uncertainty about his defensive game.

• Confused 1