The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha well I guess I mean besides Woo. I think Woo has the potential to be a #1 defensemen for us, but it sure would be nice to at least have one more quality RD prospect.

Depth.  Woo wont have any pressure on him to do anything more than play.  Hughes will take the pressure and he is the one everyone will expect things from. 

OJ can play under the radar too, something I think would.be good for him  

Luckily Hughes has a much bigger personality than his frame and I think he will handle things fairly well.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Depth.  Woo wont have any pressure on him to do anything more than play.  Hughes will take the pressure and he is the one everyone will expect things from. 

OJ can play under the radar too, something I think would.be good for him  

Luckily Hughes has a much bigger personality than his frame and I think he will handle things fairly well.  

Hughes to Petty, Petty to the Flow.  He shoots, he scores.  A tick, tac, toe play. 

These chess players are better than the checker players.

Edited by stanleysteamersmyl
Addition
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jim Bennings interview at the draft last year after he got Quinn Hughes is priceless. “Over the moon” were his words. I hope he becomes the number one defenceman we’ve been waiting for.

I’m looking forward to see what he can do at the nhl level. I was in Brooklyn for the Canucks and islanders in November. What stood out to me was how good Matthew Barzal is, his skating and hockey I.Q., is amazing. He is a fantastic player to watch. I hope Quinn Hughes can do the same or better.

5 minutes ago, nergish said:

Answer honestly:

Would you rather have Pettersson & Q. Hughes, or Eichel & Dahlin? 

Eichel + Dahlin, but only because Dahlin could become an absolute superstar that drives his team to a cup. Q Hughes could be great in the future but theres far more uncertainty about his defensive game.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, wildwood12 said:

Jim Bennings interview at the draft last year after he got Quinn Hughes is priceless. “Over the moon” were his words. I hope he becomes the number one defenceman we’ve been waiting for.

I’m looking forward to see what he can do at the nhl level. I was in Brooklyn for the Canucks and islanders in November. What stood out to me was how good Matthew Barzal is, his skating and hockey I.Q., is amazing. He is a fantastic player to watch. I hope Quinn Hughes can do the same or better.

You here the term "edge work' thrown around loosely, this guy is the poster boy for it! Incredible skating.

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Eichel + Dahlin, but only because Dahlin could become an absolute superstar that drives his team to a cup. Q Hughes could be great in the future but theres far more uncertainty about his defensive game.

Yes still a lot of question marks for hughes, after seeing Dahlin in the nhl at 18 there are no more question marks for him.. just one, how good will he get?

9 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

You here the term "edge work' thrown around loosely, this guy is the poster boy for it! Incredible skating.

Quinn's control of his skating is incredible. My brother got to see him live in the WJC and was absolutely floored at the way he skates. Its like forecheckers trying to catch a bumblebee (not the car!)

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Cup2022 said:

I will keep our two canucks

I would too, but would be happy either way.  EP40 and Dahlin would be pretty deadly too.  

IMO I would take EP40 over Eichel.  

When Eichel was drafted, he was supposed to be nearly as good as Mc David.  EP40 is having a much better rookie season in Comparison to Eichel. 

While Hughes is yet to play a game in the NHL, he and Dahlin will be compared to each other, whether gkkd or bad for a while.  

What Hughes can do with his skating is so unpredictable and I dont know how you defend him.  

His shot, while frequent, isnt nearly as good as Dahlin.  Having a net presence player at forward will be crucial to maximizing Hughes offence.  

A guy like Gads if he can ever get his skating up to par.  Think Holstrom like.  

On 2/17/2019 at 6:33 PM, Mad Jon said:

I usually quite enjoy your posts compared to most of the rubbish on these boards. I was just surprised that you decided to be crude. No big deal.

Crude?   Have you ever stepped into a dressing room or even had a chat with guys over a beer?    Seriously dude, if you find that crude you are on an entirely different plan for sense of humour.  I will apologize simply as I don't like offending people unintentionally.    

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, nergish said:

Answer honestly:

Would you rather have Pettersson & Q. Hughes, or Eichel & Dahlin? 

I'd go with the 2 Sabres for now.

I like EP better than Eichel

Dahlin has proved it in the NHL at 18, Hughes still has some question marks.  

End of next year my answer may very well change, but for now, the 2 Sabres.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Crude?   Have you ever stepped into a dressing room or even had a chat with guys over a beer?    Seriously dude, if you find that crude you are on an entirely different plan for sense of humour.  I will apologize simply as I don't like offending people unintentionally.    

I was not offended Rob, and trust me I’ve been around more than most, I guess I just don’t appreciate that type of adolescent humour. No need to apologize.