Yea Quinn has 5 goals this season but has hit the post more than 5 times as well with his shot. His goal total is a bit deflated.

Just as I speak he hits the post. Seriously, can’t make it up.

• Upvote 1

Super excited to watch him play soon like all of you guys are. I grew up watching the Canucks during the WCE era and I don't think we've ever had a defenceman quite as skilled or unique as Hughes. And not with this kind of anticipation for as as long as I can remember at least.

F**k tempering expectations.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Super excited to watch him play soon like all of you guys are. I grew up watching the Canucks during the WCE era and I don't think we've ever had a defenceman quite as skilled or unique as Hughes. And not with this kind of anticipation for as as long as I can remember at least.

F**k tempering expectations.

I’ve bedn watching our guys since day one, and watched lots of hockey before that.  I’ve not seen a D man with Quinn's offensive skill set since Orr.  

• Upvote 3

Both 5 10. Both American. 

However Rafalski was never drafted and didnt play in the nhl until he was 26  so major difference there.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I’ve bedn watching our guys since day one, and watched lots of hockey before that.  I’ve not seen a D man with Quinn's offensive skill set since Orr.  

Bobby Orr?  No expectations here.....

I've never seen a player like Hughes. Y'know, I've never seen Hughes either..but let's not quibble.

Hope he becomes the PMD-man we've never really had.

• Haha 1

Tone it down Alfie. lol   Lets be happy if he deletes one of our current dmen and shows improvement over the one let go

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Tone it down Alfie. lol   Lets be happy if he deletes one of our current dmen and shows improvement over the one let go

Gotta respect @Alflives 's commitment to team positivity and homerism though. ;)

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Love it. Dream big for our guys. Where's the fun in playing it safe?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

Love it. Dream big for our guys. Where's the fun in playing it safe?

Exactly!  Petey has skills that cause people to relate him to Gretzky.  Quinn's offence puck skills and skating cause me (and others) to relate him to Orr.  Petey is not Gretzky, and Quinn is not Orr, but they both play in ways that remind some of those two greats.  

With the puck Quinn is definitely like Orr.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Deathrowe said:

Any chance Hughes could play March 6th against the Leafs? Travelling to Van for my first game at Rogers.

that's probably just about the very earliest game that he could potentially play in, and seeing as it's the leafs (and therefore, without looking at a calendar, presumably hnic), I could see the canucks really wanting to get him in there for the marquee matchup, but I would personally cross my fingers rather than holding my breath. 

23 hours ago, Squamfan said:

is brain rafalski a good comparable to him

Yeah I can see that. I was thinking Brian Leetch or Phil Housley. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Deathrowe said:

Any chance Hughes could play March 6th against the Leafs? Travelling to Van for my first game at Rogers.

3 hours ago, tas said:

that's probably just about the very earliest game that he could potentially play in, and seeing as it's the leafs (and therefore, without looking at a calendar, presumably hnic), I could see the canucks really wanting to get him in there for the marquee matchup, but I would personally cross my fingers rather than holding my breath. 

No, earliest end to Michigan's season is the 9th, assuming they get swept out of the first round of the Big Ten Tournament by a lower seed (probably either Wisconsin or MSU). If we win, the Canucks will have to wait in one-week intervals for Michigan to play again next (semis on the 16th and finals on the 23rd). If Michigan wins the Big Ten, Canucks will have to wait until again in one-week intervals for Michigan to play again in the NCAA tournament (two games around the end of March), then on April 11th and 13th if they advance to the Frozen Four. Any loss in that period (other than the first round of the Big Ten Toruney where it's a best of 3), will result in Michigan's season ending. 

My guess is that Michigan will advance in the first round, but lose either in the Big Ten semifinals or finals. That would mean Quinn's season ends on March 16th or March 23rd.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Yeah I can see that. I was thinking Brian Leetch or Phil Housley. 

You do realize Quinn skates way better that Leetch and Housley.  Quinn Hughes is a very special player.  His skating, puck skills, compete level, and smarts make him unique.  He will easily be our best D man ever.  

22 minutes ago, Grape said:

No, earliest end to Michigan's season is the 9th, assuming they get swept out of the first round of the Big Ten Tournament by a lower seed (probably either Wisconsin or MSU). If we win, the Canucks will have to wait in one-week intervals for Michigan to play again next (semis on the 16th and finals on the 23rd). If Michigan wins the Big Ten, Canucks will have to wait until again in one-week intervals for Michigan to play again in the NCAA tournament (two games around the end of March), then on April 11th and 13th if they advance to the Frozen Four. Any loss in that period (other than the first round of the Big Ten Toruney where it's a best of 3), will result in Michigan's season ending. 

My guess is that Michigan will advance in the first round, but lose either in the Big Ten semifinals or finals. That would mean Quinn's season ends on March 16th or March 23rd.

my mistake, for some reason I was thinking the tournament was one-and-done.

You do realize Quinn skates way better that Leetch and Housley.  Quinn Hughes is a very special player.  His skating, puck skills, compete level, and smarts make him unique.  He will easily be our best D man ever.  

Until we sign Erik Karlsson this summer. 

:bigblush:

• Like 1

I hope his compete level is Petey like. He has all the talent to do great things, looking forward to his showcase where hes sure to be challenged and will be a timely eye opener before the summer.