2 hours ago, beni said:

Looks like they have two regular season games left, and are way down in the standings... Quinn might be here soon, will be fun to watch when he arrives

I just looked at the University of Michigan Wolverines schedule and it looks like Quinn has a game today and tomorrow.

Is his team confirmed to be done after tomorrow?  

Edit: nevermind. I see that his team then plays in the big ten starting March 8th and the final being march 23/24. I guess it depends on how well Michigan does to know when Quinn will be done his year.

Some here said Michigan is not very good this year so does anyone have an idea when they think Quinn will be done?  Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I just looked at the University of Michigan Wolverines schedule and it looks like Quinn has a game today and tomorrow.

Is his team confirmed to be done after tomorrow?  

Edit: nevermind. I see that his team then plays in the big ten starting March 8th and the final being march 23/24. I guess it depends on how well Michigan does to know when Quinn will be done his year.

Some here said Michigan is not very good this year so does anyone have an idea when they think Quinn will be done?  Thanks!

Ideally they make it to the semi-finals and play the 16th. Then he can play nearly all the remaining Canuck games and not be eligible for the expansion draft.

If they don't make semi's I wouldn't be surprised to see Benning stall and make sure Hughes plays 10 games or less.

21 minutes ago, cory40 said:

When is Quinn available? Monday?

Earliest Canucks may have him is the 13th against the Rangers but I hope they make semi's for expansion precautions. 

Best case scenario is we see him against Ottawa on the 20th.

Edited by RetroCanuck
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Ideally they make it to the semi-finals and play the 16th. Then he can play nearly all the remaining Canuck games and not be eligible for the expansion draft.

If they don't make semi's I wouldn't be surprised to see Benning stall and make sure Hughes plays 10 games or less.

Earliest Canucks may have him is the 13th against the Rangers but I hope they make semi's for expansion precautions. 

this hasn't historically been jim's style. he'll get hughes into the lineup asap and navigate the fallout if and when it comes to that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

this hasn't historically been jim's style. he'll get hughes into the lineup asap and navigate the fallout if and when it comes to that. 

Well this hasn't really happened before where we need to worry about such a thing. Hutton, Stecher, Tanev?, Edler?, Juolevi?, Hughes?. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Well this hasn't really happened before where we need to worry about such a thing. Hutton, Stecher, Tanev?, Edler?, Juolevi?, Hughes?. 

nevertheless, jim's track record suggests that he doesn't sweat those details. 

edit: not to mention, tanev and edler, if still with the team, will be perfect expansion bait, but I really don't think the defence group is going to look all that similar in 2 years. Jim's stated goal is to rebuild it this summer ... if he's bringing back edler, tanev, hutton, stecher and hughes, that doesn't leave a lot of room for rebuilding. 

Edited by tas

1 minute ago, tas said:

nevertheless, jim's track record suggests that he doesn't sweat those details. 

The team's track record this season is that the young prospects or Utica call-ups practise with the team for at least a week before being eased into the lineups. They would also be pulled out of the lineups periodically for coaching reasons.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Maddogy said:

The team's track record this season is that the young prospects or Utica call-ups practise with the team for at least a week before being eased into the lineups. They would also be pulled out of the lineups periodically for coaching reasons.

boeser and gaudette are far better examples of what happens with newly signed star college prospects under jim's watch: they get in immediately. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

boeser and gaudette are far better examples of what happens with newly signed star college prospects under jim's watch: they get in immediately. 

There was no concern with their size nor the expansion draft.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Maddogy said:

Quinn will have to play 11 games with us to be eligible for expansion, so that point is moot.  As for Quinn playing even one year this spring, and burning a year off his ELC, big deal. He's a great player, and he will make a HUGE difference to our team.  He's a young phenom, much like Pettersson.  

3 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

jim has no concern with his size, and I feel like if he was feeling cautious about getting quinn into the lineup he would have used a phrase other than "he'll be on the next flight out."

either way, it's a pointless debate. time will tell what happens. 

Edited by tas

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Quinn will have to play 11 games with us to be eligible for expansion, so that point is moot.  As for Quinn playing even one year this spring, and burning a year off his ELC, big deal. He's a great player, and he will make a HUGE difference to our team.  He's a young phenom, much like Pettersson.  

10 games, not 11

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maddogy said:

10 games, not 11

Regardless (although I think he's allowed 10) the Canucks will sit him out of a few games if they must.  Quinn just wants to get that year burned off his ELC, which is play one game.  As fans though, we are going to want to see Quinn play every game.  He's that special!!!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Regardless (although I think he's allowed 10) the Canucks will sit him out of a few games if they must.  Quinn just wants to get that year burned off his ELC, which is play one game.  As fans though, we are going to want to see Quinn play every game.  He's that special!!!

I'm with you on your excitement, Alf. I, too, think Quinn will be unbelievable for us. The best part is, is that we haven't even had a chance to see him play with guys like Petey, Brock, and Bo. We think he's good now... oh, man, he's going to be even better than we think. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, beni said:

Looks like they have two regular season games left, and are way down in the standings... Quinn might be here soon, will be fun to watch when he arrives

What standing are these? Michigan is 3rd in their conference and everyone is in the playoffs so it'll likely be a week or two before he's done

3 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I'm with you on your excitement, Alf. I, too, think Quinn will be unbelievable for us. The best part is, is that we haven't even had a chance to see him play with guys like Petey, Brock, and Bo. We think he's good now... oh, man, he's going to be even better than we think. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

I too am excited to see what Hughes brings, but lets not get over excited based on the surprise that Petterson has become. I am tempering my expectations, but hoping for greatness!

18 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

He only needs to play one game is what I have read, based on his age and how the CBA is written.

@SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME broke it down pretty detailed which I can't sum it up as good as he can. 

Doesnt matter when he signs as far as expansion draft goes. If he plays one game for a professional team, he will need protecting by the time the draft comes.