The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

If he plays in Ottawa for his first game he'll also get to share that with Brady Tkachuk, who's one of Quinn's good friends. 

I think the game is in Vancouver since the Canucks were in Ottawa earlier at the peak of EP40 mania.

But I agree that would be a nice spot for him.

Let him heal and rest up. Get with the trainers. Maybe get a full practice in with the boys before he jumps in the fray.

Quinton Hughes watch is officially on after tonight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I know we rushed Brock into a game immediately. If Hughes signs in the next day or so, I would think it would be wise to bring him to Van, see the doctors just to double check the ankle. Then get a couple practices and makes his debut after the Wednesday game

• Upvote 1

Probably wise to have QH start his NHL career on the road. Lessen the over hyped expectations a bit ! Miss the first two games to practise team systems, Dallas/ Chicago on the road, then Ottawa as first home game. He will have to sit out at least 3 games to help out with the Seattle ED, so might as well ease him in !

Edited by SingleThorn

14 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Probably wise to have QH start his NHL career on the road. Lessen the over hyped expectations a bit ! Miss the first two games to practise team systems, Dallas/ Chicago on the road, then Ottawa as first home game. He will have to sit out at least 3 games to help out with the Seattle ED, so might as well ease him in !

I agree with you, but I think the owner and GM will want to dangle this new carrot to the fans ASAP. Also, JB isn't worried about playing Hughes too much make him not exempt from the Seattle draft. GM's have a shelf life, JB is trying to do what he can NOW to save face and keep his job. There is no guarantee he will even be the GM when that expansion draft happens.

I think most of us CDC fans want us to play Hughes but in a calculated manor so he is exempt. My only thought is if we do play him the 10 games or more are we really going to have to expose a D who is better than Hughes instead? I mean the D is a complete mess, are we giving Edler a NMC for automatic protection...god I hope not. Are we giving the always injured glass man Tanev a new deal to stay a Canuck going into the expansion draft?

16 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Who will be Q's first NHL defense partner in game one of his NHL carreer?

Alex Biega, Luke Schenn, Troy Stecher or Alex Edler.

Edler or Stecher. Edler would provide some veteran experience. Stech would show Hughes how to play as a smaller D-man.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Green playing Pooalot so much is really starting to urk me....doesn't he see what we see...? 

Brisebois would be so much better and needs the reps...or bring up Chatfield if he is healthy...anyone but the Poo'r...

Quinn playing with Stetcher ...even though they are so small ...would still work for a few games anyway.

• Wat 1