The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

CapFriendly is pretty reputable and they're saying Hughes can play 10 games before being expansion eligible. 

That is real interesting because most of us thought it was 9. 

4 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

CapFriendly is pretty reputable and they're saying Hughes can play 10 games before being expansion eligible. 

2 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Even CapFriendly is misspelling his name !

:shock::frantic:

If they get the name wrong, what else might they get wrong?!?!?!?!

;)

I’m happy if he gets the free 10 games. 

I just still don’t quite understand why, based on the CBA. But I’ve said all along that I hope I’m wrong in questioning the interpretation everyone is basing the 11 games standard on (or at least the part where Hughes is considered “age 19”).

But whatevs, he’s signed, he’s coming, and I’m psyched. :) 

• Cheers 4

8 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

;)

I just still don’t quite understand why, based on the CBA. But I’ve said all along that I hope I’m wrong in questioning the interpretation everyone is basing the 11 games standard on (or at least the part where Hughes is considered “age 19”).

I honestly wouldn't take anything as a fact until the NHL or Canucks announce something.

However, more signs pointing to 10 games is still encouraging. 

• Upvote 1

Canucks army wrote an article about Hughes and they say it is 9. 10th game makes him eligible.

The kid has a bruise on one foot. He will go through a medical on Tuesday and they will decide if he is ready to go. He is small and requires his mobility to protect himself. I would hope that they make sure he is 100% healthy before they throw him to the wolves. I would hate to see this kid get injured because his mobility is reduced. There is no rush to get him in there. He is signed rapped and delivered.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Just bought tics for Friday's game vs New Jersey. Got to imagine he'll be in the lineup by then.

I think Hughes and EP40 should be put in a room together to discuss the type of game they want to play going forward. 

These are the two best prospects this team has had in 20+ years. We want them on the same page, creating magic together. 

Pettersson has already gravitated to the skill guys like Goldy, Brock, etc., but he's never had somebody quite like Hughes to play with (even if they play completely different positions).

But more importantly, it's building that future leadership core.

Exciting time to be a fan!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nergish said:

Just bought tics for Friday's game vs New Jersey. Got to imagine he'll be in the lineup by then.

I think Hughes and EP40 should be put in a room together to discuss the type of game they want to play going forward. 

These are the two best prospects this team has had in 20+ years. We want them on the same page, creating magic together. 

Pettersson has already gravitated to the skill guys like Goldy, Brock, etc., but he's never had somebody quite like Hughes to play with (even if they play completely different positions).

Elias can remind him that this is still his house :)

26 minutes ago, nergish said:

What they should be discussing is how to land his brother.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

;)

I think it is more to do with the rules of the expansion draft. My understanding is that they lay out the criteria for exemption or other wise. I have tried to find the expansion rules but can only find condensed versions. It is based on the same ones as Vegas.

If anyone can find the documents please post them.

14 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I think it is more to do with the rules of the expansion draft. My understanding is that they lay out the criteria for exemption or other wise. I have tried to find the expansion rules but can only find condensed versions. It is based on the same ones as Vegas.

If anyone can find the documents please post them.

maybe it has to do with still being eligible for the reserve list if he hasn't played 11 games, so this year would't count as a professional year?

Reserve Lists

The list of players "belonging" to an NHL team is comprised of the following, the total of which may not exceed 80:

1. Pro players (maximum of 50)
  2. Signed junior players (who have played less than 11 professional games)
  3. Unsigned draft choices
  4. Defected players (unsigned draft choices who are playing in Europe)

https://www.nhl.com/info/hockey-operations-guidelines

• Thanks 2

I guess if they play him more than the 9 or 10 games we will just have to assume that they don't see anyone on this team that is worth protecting. It would be wise just incase they trade for or sign some more D that they want to protect. It would be a shame to lose someone just because Hughes played 2 or 3 extra games.  We will see what they do.

• Haha 1

Just now, appleboy said:

I guess if they play him more than the 9 or 10 games we will just have to assume that they don't see anyone on this team that is worth protecting. It would be wise just incase they trade for or sign some more D that they want to protect. It would be a shame to lose someone just because Hughes played 2 or 3 extra games.  We will see what they do.

Haven't seen one "expert" do their job yet and figure out how many games he can play to not be expansion eligible vs just burning a year on the ELC.

If I had to guess he plays the same amount of games as Boeser since he could have been exposed to Las Vegas IIRC.

But apparently literally NOBODY knows.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1