The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

11 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Looks like Hughie is going o get a lot of attention this year. Like those early years of Tanev being run.

Well we now have quite a few physical guys who can send messages back the other way. It will be interesting to see how that plays out this season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Well we now have quite a few physical guys who can send messages back the other way. It will be interesting to see how that plays out this season.

Exactly.  Run our top skilled guys, and we will run yours.  It’s all good to play hard against those guys, but taking runs will cause the other team’s skilled guys to become targets too.  Coaches, and those skilled guys, don’t like that.  They will tell those idiots who are taking runs at other teams’ skilled guys to knock it off.  Play hard and make it hard on the skilled guys, but do not take runs.  

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's as intentional as it gets.

Wow, I missed the play on the ice but that is dirty.  The league should hand him a 1 game suspension in the regular season (assuming he isn't just some farm plug) to send a message.  Deliberately whacks him across the mouth, no puck to be seen, not even remotely close to making a play.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, The Sedge said:

Wow, I missed the play on the ice but that is dirty.  The league should hand him a 1 game suspension in the regular season (assuming he isn't just some farm plug) to send a message.  Deliberately whacks him across the mouth, no puck to be seen, not even remotely close to making a play.  

Exactly. There's no way to excuse that.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's as intentional as it gets.

3 hours ago, The Sedge said:

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. There's no way to excuse that.

it really wasn't. the video is a bad angle, and it was more obvious while watching live, but if you look close, you can see quinn's hands/stick move back and away from the guy just as he was attempting to lift quinn's stick. quinn's slick skills in this case backfired a bit.

the confounding thing is that it wasn't a double minor even though he needed repairs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

it really wasn't. the video is a bad angle, and it was more obvious while watching live, but if you look close, you can see quinn's hands/stick move back and away from the guy just as he was attempting to lift quinn's stick. quinn's slick skills in this case backfired a bit.

the confounding thing is that it wasn't a double minor even though he needed repairs. 

Yeah good call.  It's just like Brashear here who just moves his hands slightly so McSorley misses the stick lift.

/s

:sadno:

Image result for hockey slash to head GIF

58 minutes ago, The Sedge said:

Yeah good call.  It's just like Brashear here who just moves his hands slightly so McSorley misses the stick lift.

/s

:sadno:

Image result for hockey slash to head GIF

you should try watching the game instead of a 2 second gif. 

though I guess this is the internet in 2019 ... I imagine 2 seconds probably tops out your attention span. 

I think Erik Karlsson in the way he moves. It will be kinda difficult to make the adjustment for his teammates due to his offensive and skating capabilities. Concerning his points, Dahlin had 44 points, last years nr 1. To expect 50-70 points from him is silly. 40 is not impossible though, and id say thats a fantastic effort none the less. if he gets more then 30 id be happy enough, especially if he manages to improve in the Dzone more then the last games of last season. Dont want him -50 and with 30 points...thats not good for the team.