The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

Maybe we should be thinking about re-singing Tanev? Their on-ice chemistry is evident and Hughes seems to really like Tanev off the ice with all the compliments he keeps throwing his way.

I guess it comes down to whether or not he can stay healthy, but I really don't want to see Tanev play for any other team except the Canucks. And it's kinda cool/weird/makes sense how the perceived quiet, unassuming Tanev has taken our most dynamic defenceman ever under his wing and looks to be benefiting both of them. 

Edited by Seinfeld
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Maybe we should be thinking about re-singing Tanev? Their on-ice chemistry is evident and Hughes seems to really like Tanev off the ice with all the compliments he keeps throwing his way.

I guess it comes down to whether or not he can stay healthy, but I really don't want to see Tanev play for any other team except the Canucks. And it's kinda cool/weird/makes sense how the perceived quiet, unassuming Tanev has taken our most dynamic defenceman ever under his wing and looks to be benefiting both of them. 

We will likely extend Tanev, but after the TDL.  Kind of like how it worked out with Edler, maybe?  (not the same dollars though.)

Rookie watch:

1 Victor Olofsson 2019-20   BUF   R    4GP    4G   1A   5PTS

2 Trevor Moore    2019-20   TOR   C    4GP    2G   1A   3PTS

3 Ilya Mikheyev    2019-20   TOR   R    4GP    1G   2A   3PTS

4 Ville Heinola     2019-20   WPG   D    4GP    1G   2A   3PTS

5 Quinn Hughes  2019-20   VAN    D    3GP    1G   2A   3PTS

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

It’s going to be fun race all season. IMO Quinn’s the front runner to win the Rookie of the year.

I certainly like his chances as well. I wonder if the NHL will F with the Canucks and give the Calder to someone on another team (seeing as Pettersson won last year). God forbid the Canucks get too good. With Quinn, he's just getting started. I could see him having many multiple point nights, tons of assists, maybe leads the D in points and goals? Could he lose the Calder as a rookie Dman with 50 points? Olofsson and Moore are gonna have to light it up often if they want to win against Quinn. 

• Upvote 1

Quinn is everywhere, and still always in the play or leading the play. He’s amazing and just getting started.

it will be interesting if there is a biased against Canucks having 2years of Rookies in the Calder race...in Brock and winner Petey.

i hope that Biased hockey TO people don’t factor in and they give Quinn a fair chance to win it.