The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

I believe they were drafted in different years so it's not totally fair as a hypothetical. But I'd think in a redraft they both go #1 in their respective year!

I know they were different years.  I probably should have been more clear.  Stick them both as they are right now in a draft, which one gets taken at the top. 

My guess is that it would depend on the team who had the top pick as to which went first.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Calder aside, I think Dahlin would be picked before Pete in any redraft.  Before the lotto, the rumours were that JB was high on Maker and he appears to be right on the mark for a dman that is going to be very special.  Can't discount Heiskanen either.

In the end, I think the Canucks have ended up very well with Pete and Quinn, who will be significant factors in turning this franchise around.

If you go back to the draft thread, you'll see that I was ecstatic that Quinn fell to the Canucks.  I was very high on Quinn.  I can't wait until he's done building up and filling out his frame.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playboi19 said:

Great skater and playmaker the shooters need to start putting the puck on net though rebound and a goal.

One thing I like about Hughes is that he gets into position to take quality shots.  If it puts him out of position to get back in his own end if the shot doesn't get through, he has the speed to recover.  He doesn't just stand still at the top of the zone and shoot towards the net and pray that it goes in.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

One thing I like about Hughes is that he gets into position to take quality shots.  If it puts him out of position to get back in his own end if the shot doesn't get through, he has the speed to recover.  He doesn't just stand still at the top of the zone and shoot towards the net and pray that it goes in.

yup his IQ is very good. If Jake had that he'd be a monster out there. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Fanuck said:

I get that Olofsson is a rookie by NHL definition,  but comparing a 24yo who's been playing pro- hockey vs men since he was 18yo to a kid who was 19yo as of yesterday and has a total of 9 pro games to his credit,  well, it doesn't quite add up completely imo...

I agree.

It's like last season when Binnington was in the running - at 25 years old - and a relative AHL journeyman, who had cleared waivers at least once.  He didn't belong in the discussion imo - and neither does Olofsson.

• Cheers 2

On 10/10/2019 at 3:40 PM, HockeyHarry said:

Quinn is everywhere, and still always in the play or leading the play. He’s amazing and just getting started.

it will be interesting if there is a biased against Canucks having 2years of Rookies in the Calder race...in Brock and winner Petey.

i hope that Biased hockey TO people don’t factor in and they give Quinn a fair chance to win it.

There is one way to take care of that scenario, and that is to absolutely run away with it.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

10 games in and this kid has been crazy good so far.

It will be exciting to see how much he can develop this year. Puck possession monster.....

We all can see he has incredible skills, but he’s super smart too.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2