The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

If he makes the team out of training camp, or is right on the bubble, he will probably sign. But I would rather he go back to school, play with his brother, make me scared $&!#less during the world juniors, and get stronger.

Time for him to get on the dinging the hell out of the garage door program. SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS! When Keslar came in he didn't have a shot. Then he did. When asked what happened, he said something along the lines of " I took 600 shots a day". Do that, or a reasonable facsimile.

Oh, and work on your skating and speed. Because the only thing more ridiculous than giving this kid a good shot would be to make him EVEN FASTER. LOL!

Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s my understanding he has to be under sort of contract to come to training camp and if he does that he loses his NCAA rights so it’s be the AHL

Just now, Steven Stamkos said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s my understanding he has to be under sort of contract to come to training camp and if he does that he loses his NCAA rights so it’s be the AHL

Well then just send him back to college unless something weird happens. He should for example be able to play in the prospects games if he wants? I am trying to remember if I saw brock back in the day and I don't believe I did so that makes the decision easy.

Just send him back to school. He's at the magic age where lots of eating and working out will make him stronger. (Not bulky, just stronger, ten pounds of muscle should be all he will ever need.)

Wanted Dobson (a can't miss pick that is only going to get bigger and faster...one of the young draft picks)....however, I'm going to reserve judgement on Hughes and hope for the best.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Old school nuck said:

Well that's super interesting , both sides eh

Hell ya. Look at his interview where he explains it.

Besides, in reality, he's just kind of everywhere. More specifically, wherever the puck happens to be.

9 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Also no one could have predicted Arizona would go off the board like they did. If Arizona picked Zdina I think were 100% certain Detroit would have picked Hughes. 

I really feel that AZ pick is going to be one they will regret for a long time.  I also expect that MTL and OTT will regret theirs in a few years.

39 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Haha. Burke is an idiot. Hughes is almost ready to play at the NHL level now. And Burke, the blowhard dinosaur, thinks Hughes would rather play 4 years of college? Hughes himself said his goal is to play in the NHL as soon as possible. Why the heck would he pass up signing a contract with the Nucks well before then??!!

Every time a kid from college is picked someone moans about them not signing. Not surprised Burke is the first idiot to say it this time. 

especially with Gaudette and Boeser on the team...team USA.

3 hours ago, 6string said:

Dude the comment I made was a fun poke at the many CDC posters trading Tanev with the seventh not a platform for roster lineups, btw Tryamkin is not in our lineup for at least another two years.

Which will be fine if Hughes chooses to play in college some more before turning pro

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

that's not even remotely what he said or implied

I did not see the quote myself so I took the other posters word for it.

I still think Burke is an old blowhard though. And every time I see him walking around with an untied tie, I want to choke him with it. Does that old loud mouth actually think he is some kind of fashion trend setter and that others will do that to? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Burke sounded so bitter in his reaction. First thing he talks about is the risk that he won't sign with us and then goes on to comment on how small he is. Meanwhile they act like the Oilers made the best pick in the draft.

Go slick back your hair some more you old hedgehog.

Burke was bitter. Whatever. He's done. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Burke sounded so bitter in his reaction. First thing he talks about is the risk that he won't sign with us and then goes on to comment on how small he is. Meanwhile they act like the Oilers made the best pick in the draft.

Go slick back your hair some more you old hedgehog.

Burke likes his big boys. You hear talk about dinosaurs, Burke is one.

• Like 1

One my favourite quotes I read leading up to the draft:

“Quinn Hughes is the most exciting defender for those who lost out on the draft lottery. If the Canucks do select him on Friday, he has the potential to be the most electrifying defenceman in franchise history.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/thecanuckway.com/2018/06/19/2018-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-4-quinton-hughes/amp/

I’m so insanely stoked about this pick for so many reasons. Between Hughes, Boeser and Pettersson, we are going to watch some seriously exciting hockey soon!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2