The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

Sorry in advance for the dumb question - my son wants a Quinn Hughes Jersey in the black/ retro skate jersey. I’m new to getting jerseys. Any advice on best place to get a quality one? I assume you probably have to buy right from the Canucks store at Rogers?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, zapperman said:

Sorry in advance for the dumb question - my son wants a Quinn Hughes Jersey in the black/ retro skate jersey. I’m new to getting jerseys. Any advice on best place to get a quality one? I assume you probably have to buy right from the Canucks store at Rogers?

https://vanbase.ca/collections/skate-collection 

Although for some reason Hughes isnt an option on the dropdown for the skate jersey, you could get an empty one and get the name and number done after. Toss them an email. 

9 hours ago, zapperman said:

Www.nhlshop.ca

I have bought two jerseys from here. 

Edited by redhdlois

52 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

3 assists for Hughes tonight!

Hughes Rookie Club Record Watch: Needs 6 more assists to tie Dale Tallon(42), '71.

Needs 12 more points to tie Dale Tallon for most points by a rookie defenseman(56), '71.

Needs 22 more points to tie Elias Pettersson(66), '19.

Can it even be argued anymore that Quinn isn’t better than Dahlin?  Sabres got Eichel and not McDavid.  Then, even when they win the lottery, they end up with second best again.  So glad they picked wrong. 

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I think most of will agree that for the first time in... well, ever... we now have a superstar dman. We have had good defensemen, but never one at his level that I can recall in my 30 years of watching. Is Makar better? Possibly. Is Dahlin? Possibly.

Is Huggy ours? 

Absolutely.

Said well, don’t forget about Miro Heskanen though

6 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Dahlin isn't even 20 years old yet. When Quinn was Dahlin's age, he had a grand total of 5 NHL games. Dahlin's already got 128 games.

I'm not saying Hughes isn't or won't be better, but I think it's far to soon to be making any clear judgements on that comparison yet.

Nice try to defend a Sabre.  There isn’t a GM in the league who wouldn’t take Huggy Bear over Dahlin.  One is a obviously a phenom.  The other is good, but nothing more.  

• Wat 1

5 hours ago, kloubek said:

I think most of will agree that for the first time in... well, ever... we now have a superstar dman. We have had good defensemen, but never one at his level that I can recall in my 30 years of watching. Is Makar better? Possibly. Is Dahlin? Possibly.

Is Huggy ours? 

Absolutely.

One can make an argument for Makar, but definitely not for Dahlin.  Hughes and Makar are crazy good.  Dahlin is Edler level.  

• Wat 1

56 minutes ago, Alflives said:

One can make an argument for Makar, but definitely not for Dahlin.  Hughes and Makar are crazy good.    

So far, I would tend to agree.  But all these guys are young. The rise of Makar and Hughes so quickly is unprecedented but I still think it is too early to tell exactly how good any of them will end up. 

Keep in mind too that Dahlin doesn't exactly have a strong team to work with like the other two. Plus it must be hard for a young player to be his best when the team culture is one of losing and the fans hate you. Just sayin'.

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Dahlin isn't even 20 years old yet. When Quinn was Dahlin's age, he had a grand total of 5 NHL games. Dahlin's already got 128 games.

I'm not saying Hughes isn't or won't be better, but I think it's far to soon to be making any clear judgements on that comparison yet.

its nice that deciding on the top 3 players in from draft isn't an easy decision, but many would have Hughes in there in a re-draft. Same with Petey's. I don't care what the  draft order was, these guys are clearly top 1 or 2 quality in almost any draft. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kloubek said:

Is Huggy ours? 

Absolutely.

The funny thing tho is that I wouldn't trade Huggy for Makar.  I think Huggy creates way more offense and is much better defensively due to his hockey IQ.  Makar has the better shot, but I'd say MacKinnon drives the offence in Colorado.  Huggy drives the offence in Vancouver.

For Dahlin, I think it'd be close, I'd have to think hard about that one...

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Dahlin today has 31 points in 46 games as a 19 year old. 

in the 1967 another 19 year old put up 31 points in 46 games.  

0237E8E0-18B3-4F8B-B1CB-126401DC65EC.png

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

3 assists for Hughes tonight!

Hughes Rookie Club Record Watch: Needs 6 more assists to tie Dale Tallon(42), '71.

Needs 12 more points to tie Dale Tallon for most points by a rookie defenseman(56), '71.

Needs 22 more points to tie Elias Pettersson(66), '19.

I'm not sure he will get there, but at this pace Hughes could very well be challenging EP40s rookie record by the end of the season.